Chapter 18
359 7 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Momo Yaoyorozu is a kind, polite, prudent kid who was also a natural leader. As the sole heir to the Yaoyorozu family, her upbringing was that of elites, so it was only natural that she would grow up to be very capable.

As she was kind on top of being a capable person, she was naturally the center of attention everywhere she went. And she as well as her parents were very proud of her for that.

So, when she was for she attended a social gathering with her parents. Naturally, she gained a lot of attention, even though she was only 4, her IQ was very high gaining praise from everyone.

But, eclipsing her popularity in the crowd, a boy the same age as her managed to gain the attention of everyone, outshining her in every aspect. Although the boy had an annoyed expression on his face, he still got acquainted with her, because of his mother’s constant urging.

Discarding his expression while being urged by his mother saying,

‘What am I even doing here?’

He was polite and kind to her. Every action of his exudes pride in himself and absolute confidence. Momo was very influenced by his charm and confidence, and her mother’s constant urge to be like him didn’t help either.

That day Momo decided to make him her rival and surpass him in every aspect.

But that didn’t last long.

They joined the same kindergarten, and even though he was very polite to her, he still maintained a distance from the kids. But the same day she saw him lifting a kid using his collars and throwing. She was shocked, how can such a polite and kind kid do this? She wanted to tell him about his wrongs but the nanny in charge of them had already scolded him, even though he looked like he just wanted to escape from this hell.

And that was the last time she saw him. He never went to the same kindergarten and when she asked her mom about him, she said there was an accident, and he was resting. And eventually, she forgot about him. Although she still had the resolve to be better than him.

And like that, four years passed.

One day her mother asked her to get acquainted with him.

She knew there was this strange kid who always came to write exams, covered in clothes head to toe. She never knew it was him. Well, everyone wanted to try to talk with him but, there was this strange feeling about him that made one not want to approach him.

“Sweetie, you know the strange kid you talked about yesterday?”

“Mhm, he only attends the exams, he’s so strange he won’t even talk to anyone, and leave immediately after finishing the exams.” Momo answered her mother while tilting her head.

“Yeah, he’s Aito Toga.”

“Aito? Aunty Okabe’s son?”

“Yes, that poor child, he has some complications with his quirks, preventing him from attending school normally.”

“Ohh? What kind of complications?” Momo asked back, after all, there are people with all kinds of quirks in this world and it was not strange for people to not even resemble a human. As these changes became appearing in the world humans naturally adapted to them.

“It’s not exactly his related to his appearance, it’s about his health or something. Okabe seems to be really worried about him.”

“…” Momo listened in silence.

“Since he can’t go to school like normal, He doesn’t have any friends either.” Saying this Momo’s mom looked at her and spoke

“Sweety, you should try talking to him, all right?” her mother asked with a sweet smile.

“…” Momo nodded, well what could go wrong? Right.

But everything went wrong, he didn’t even glance at her.

Although her mom asked her to befriend him, she wanted to show him she was better than him.

But all of it backfired, not only he didn’t even glance at her, but he also made a fool out of her.

As Momo was always kind to everyone, everyone also treated her kindly and politely. As she never had to deal with anyone overly rude and improper, she was rather sensitive towards that.

And that sensitiveness acted up, making her all the more uncomfortable. And no matter how mature she was for her age; she was still only eight years old. And as a finishing blow, Aito lowered his car window and said,

“See you next time.”

Momo could almost see the haughtiness in his eyes. The look that said, nothing was worth his time.

She just wanted to scream at him, but the car had already left. That was a huge blow to her pride.

After that Momo avoided him like a plague. And for some reason, he didn’t even attend the exams that year. And even when he returned, she desperately avoided him. And before long they said, he had a special concession to skip grades.

That made Momo relieved since she didn’t have to avoid him every time the exam came.

After that Okabe visited Momo’s residence and apologized to Momo for her son’s rude behavior at that time.

“Sorry for my son’s rudeness that time. He must’ve been under a lot of stress at that time because of his condition. I’ll ask him to apologize to you when you meet him again.”

Momo was confused, how can Aito be such a rude kid when his mother was so kind? Momo even felt genuinely sorry for Okabe for having to deal with such a rude Child.

Even then she didn’t have any intention to have any connection with that rude kid.

Or so she thought.

..

.

Momo was walking through Aichi Junior high’s entrance, towards the locker room.

On the way, most kids greeted her. She also greeted them back. Even faculties had gentle and polite smiles on their faces when facing her.

Even though it’s only been a week since school started, Momo was the role model of the entire class.

Momo scored 1st in every activity school did and became the class leader with overwhelming support. Her charisma was shooting through the roof. Her beauty, along with her overwhelming confidence in herself made her an idol of the school in only one week.

Momo entered the classroom and was organizing stuff while the class teacher entered. They all greeted the teacher, and the atmosphere there was so comfortable that an outsider can tell, the homeroom teacher was one of the student’s favorites.

Momo was skimming through yesterday’s portion when their homeroom teacher announced something that caught Momo’s attention.

“Today we will be welcoming one more student to our class.”

The classroom went into a state of unrest and before the teacher could silence them, the door to the classroom opened and a 14-year-old-looking boy came in.

“Hey, doesn’t that guy look like an upperclassman? Is he the new student miss talked about?”

“Yeah, right? He must have failed the exams or something.”

That was the murmur from the boy’s side, strangely enough, there was some hostility laced in their voices.

But the girl’s side was completely different,

“Kyaa, is that an upperclassman? Why haven’t I seen him before?”

“So handsome!!!!”

“Wow is that our new classmate?”

“I wonder does he have a girlfriend?”

“Hey? You are only 12?”

“So?”

“…”

The girls were making fangirl noises and was chatting amongst themselves. Of course, Momo was an exception because she had an idea of who he was.

White silky hair shining from the sunlight, deep blue oceanic eyes which seemed like they could see through everything, and slightly pale skin. He was handsome, and every step of his exuded nobility, confidence in himself, and slight superiority (Only Momo could feel the superiority though.)

And without even giving the teacher time to introduce him, he disarmed her with a smile and spoke.

“Hi! My name is Aito Toga, and I’m new to this school. I hope we get along well, please take care of me.”

He finished with a gentle smile. But when he looked at Momo it turned into a wide grin.

Momo who was at the receiving end of the smile looked perplexed.

‘…that rude…’

***

A/N: Sorry for not uploading any chapters the other day. I was binge-reading ‘Everyone Else is a returnee’ and couldn’t focus enough to write anything. ( ̄_ ̄|||)

It was an interesting novel from Toika

Anyway, I think I should focus more on conversation btw characters, what do you guys think?

.

.

.

.

Thank you for reading the chapter (~ ̄▽ ̄)~

20