So… Why Arven? | Author’s Note
61 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

        The first story I wrote in 4th grade was a Pokémon fanfiction called Mystery of Time and Space, which I cherish to this day.

        Long ago, when I started to write original stories, I promised myself I would one day return to that first story and spice it up to be one of my best ones. Except, I never found inspiration for this re-write until I played Pokémon Scarlet and Violet and learned the heartbreaking story behind my new favorite Pokémon character: Arven (for a personal reason that’s hinted at but not explained explicitly). However, those who have been following my stories since The Green Guardian will know exactly what I’m talking about.

        I love Arven so much, and I thought the ending of Scarlet and Violet was so well done that I just had to expand on it! Not to mention that Area Zero is one of the best locations in the whole game (thanks to its incredible music and dark backstory)!

        I have never been so excited to start a new story before, but that’s because of that very first story I wrote. Infrared is nostalgic to me, and I can’t wait to see what I do with it—as I combine the fantasy genre with science fiction in a new kind of time travel story. I hope you guys will stick with me to the very end and understand why a fanfic like this is so important to me. It’s not just because I’m a lifelong Pokémon fan; it’s something else... something I will never forget in the years to come.

- Victoria/Viktoria

 

Review (s):

1.) "I literally have no words. Wow. Like, how breathtakingly beautiful can one write and create plots should be understood by reading this book of yours. I don't usually read Dark Fantasy books, but for some reason, your book lured me in. It was quite intriguing and interesting, to be honest. I really like how you portrayed AI Sada in your book, who wants to be a loving mother to her son, despite being a robot. We all know that robots are machines, and machines don't have emotions. But they do probably, and the monstrous emotionless ones are perhaps the humans, which, in fact, is very true, even in our present-day society."

- The Phoenix Awards 2023

 

2.) "OMG THIS IS FREAKING AMAZING! Thank you so much for this crazy awesome story and for keeping it (mostly) clean! Pokémon Scarlet is literally the best game ever, and I appreciate this story more than words can tell. I could write a book of praise for Infrared, but as a fellow writing nerd, I'll only state the necessities.

You really embrace the characters' personalities, with a perfect blend of action, romance, dark secrets, and heartwarming adventure. The end was so touching, it made me cry (although I cry about everything Pokémon: the end of ScarletUltimate Journeys, all of the old games from the 1990s, etc.). Never have I adored a fanfic so much before.

Personally, I love Arven to death. His journey (both physical, mental, and emotional) throughout the game makes him the most complex character. Also, I feel like Sada deserves a second chance—such a great character who didn't have her chance to shine. Infrared gives her that chance, told through a roller-coaster ride of a story! Imagine how excited I got when I found Infrared, which emphasizes my three favorite Paldeans: Penny, Arven, and Professor Sada! To quote Ash, 'I'm totally siked!'

I've been wanting to write a fanfic where Arven and I and all of our Area Zero friends meet Sada again in the past, but it seems you already wrote it for me.

Keep it up, Writing Nerd, and all those other folks out there who love Pokémon as much as I do! You're amazing! May you find your treasure as our Scarlet buddies did!

'I bid you adieu!'"

- Quotev

 

3.)  "Okay, okay, I've been DESPERATE for Pokémon fanfiction on here (and I'm not talking about those crossover fics or X reader fics, ugh).

But THIS? THIS ISNT JUST FANFICTION. THIS IS HAS BEEN SENT FROM ARCEUS. (I don't have the time right now but I'm reading this bad boy the whole way through)."

- Quotev

 

4.) "The book was gripping and the narrative style of the author was hooking throughout until the end."

- Hallow's Eve | Astania Awards 2023

 

5.) "Infrared is a captivating story about dealing with grief, finding redemption, and holding onto friendship and family. The author poured her heart and soul into this one as it's a tribute to her brother, and her love drips from every page. I highly recommend reading this story, as this will change your entire opinion on Fanfiction. It deserves every accolade."

- @MermaidAriel13

 

Accolades (on Wattpad and More!):

🏆 Grand Winner of the 2023 Nano Watt Awards' Fanfiction category!

🏆 Winner of the 2023 Nano Watt Awards' Fanfiction category!

🏆 Longlisted for the 2023 Nano Watt Awards!

🏆 Shortlisted for the 2023 Nano Watt Awards!

🏆 Chosen as a Highlight Story for the 2023 Nano Watt Awards!

🏆 Handpicked by Wattpad Ambassador @GoldenieTwilightie as an Underrated Compelling Wattpad Read (April 29th, 2023)!

🏆 Overall Winner of the Quantum of Originality Nexus (Fantasy/Science Fiction/Werewolves/Vampire/Supernatural) category in the Literature's Finest Fête Award | 2023!

🥇 1st place in the Nerdy Awards 2023 Fanfiction category.

🥇 1st place in the Wonder Awards' Fanfiction category.

🥇 1st place in the Phoenix Awards' Fanfiction category.

🥇 1st place in the Fluorescence Awards' Fanfiction category.

🥇 1st place in the Serenity Book Awards' Fanfiction category.

🥇 1st place in the Hallow's Eve | Astania Awards' Fanfiction category.

🥇 1st place in the Ambrosial Awards' Fanfiction category.

🥇 1st place in the Celestial Nexus Awards' Fanfiction category.

🥈 2nd place in the Blossom Awards' Fanfiction category.

🥈 2nd place in the Celestial Awards' Fanfiction category.

🥈 2nd place in the Nova Nexus Awards' Fanfiction category.

🥉 3rd place in the Writer's Book Awards' Fanfiction category.

🥉 3rd place in the Autumn Awards' Love and Friendship category.

🏅Round One Qualifier in the Short Open Novella Contest.

🏅 Round One Qualifier in the Blossom Awards' Fanfiction category.

🏅 Celestia Cove Awards 2024 Shortlist for Fanfiction.

🏅 Celestia Cove Awards 2024 Fanfiction Winner.

🏅 Added to Fanfiction.net's Best Pokémon Stories Community.

🏅 Added to Penana's Rising Fictions list for Science Fiction (October 15th, 2023).

🏆 Ambys 2023 Round 3 Qualifier!

🏆 Ambys 2023 Winner for Fanfiction!

⭐ Featured on @newlywrittenbooks | Your Biggest Fan Reading List (December 29th, 2022).

⭐ Featured on @WattpadTimeTravel | Memory is the Diary We All Carry With Us || Fanfiction Reading List (January 21st, 2023).

⭐ Featured on @StoriesUndiscovered | Right Up Your Diagon Alley Reading List (February 5th, 2023).

⭐ Featured on @Fantasy | Young Adult Fantasy Reading List (March 10th, 2023).

⭐ Featured on @FBWCBookClub | Spellbinding Sci-Fi Reading List (April 3rd, 2023).

⭐ Featured on @TeenFiction | Stars in Your Eyes Reading List (May 6th, 2023).

⭐ Featured on @anime | Pokémon Reading List (June 2nd, 2023).

⭐ Featured on @magic | Teen and YA Reading List (July 8th, 2023).

⭐ Featured on @CelestiaCove || An Objection to Reality | Fanfiction Reading List (September 17th, 2023).

⭐ Featured on @CelestiaCove || We Shine | Our Choice Reading List and included in Dazzling Books (September 17th, 2023).

⭐ Featured on @AstaniaCommunity || The Stories Continue | Fanfiction Reading List (November 3rd, 2023).

⭐ Promoted and Featured by the @ShutUpAndWriteClub (June 12th, 2023).

⭐ Featured on @WackyWriters || Our Judges' Favorites Reading List (November 8th, 2023).

⭐ Featured on @WackyWriters || Fabulous Fanfiction Reading List (November 8th, 2023).

⭐ Featured on @SpeculativeFiction || Breaking the Space-Time Continuum Reading List (December 9th, 2023).

⭐Featured on @TheAmbys || Top Picks 2023 |  Novels (January 29th, 2023).

 

Special Category Achievements:

🏅 AI Sada came really close to winning a Best Character award in the Wonder Awards (score 37/40)!

 

Please do NOT plagiarize this story! While I don't own these characters, I DO own this plot, and I don't need you guys taking advantage of it. If you want to write your own Pokémon story, you have to do something different. Please do NOT make me turn on my bad side.

0