They Burn Bright Like Fire | Acknowledgements
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

        Infrared isn't a published book, but that doesn't mean it's terrible. It's not perfect, but it is a piece I'm proud of because of the people who helped me shape it and turn it into what it is today—until the re-write.

        First of all, I want to thank my older brother. You may not be here anymore, but you inspired me to write this undiscovered gem because I know how much you loved Pokémon, and I remember the day you gave me your Pokémon games. I wish you were here to see how much you meant to me and this gift I wrote in honor of you. You are my past, present, and future, my Infrared, and I have learned so much from you—in life and death.

        Next, I want to thank the few Wattpad readers I have for Infrared, especially the three who inspired the re-write and went on Arven and Sada's journey with me: MermaidAriel13,  rubymusic43, and Venator-TheThird.

        MermaidAriel13, you may not realize this, but it was a thrill to work with a Wattys Bootcamp graduate! You helped me win the Nano Watt Awards with your constructive criticism and love for writing and Fanfiction like me. You, like most writers on Wattpad, are an undiscovered gem, and one day, I will see Fallen Angel in bookstores. Thank you for helping me with Infrared's weakness in the last draft—point of view changes. If I hadn't fixed that, I don't believe I would've been successful in the Nano Watt Awards. Oh, and let's not forget those pesky typos you pointed out!

        Venator-TheThird, my beloved judge from the Destiny Awards, thank you for reading Infrared the whole way through instead of the first five chapters. You understand that most books take time to set up—and even more time to develop characters. Thank you for helping me with the new ending and criticism for Chapter 38 (I was stuck with it). You helped me reach the Nano Watt and Amby Awards deadline, and I couldn't be more grateful! Please consider assisting with other awards! They need good judges like you.

        rubymusic43, my first engaged reader for Infrared, I loved all our Pokémon and Infrared chats in Discord! We brainstormed together, wrote together, and you saved me with Infrared's new conclusion! You also helped me reach the Nano Watt and Amby Awards deadline. Thank you. Thank you for sticking around and reading both of Infrared's drafts! And thank you for being the first reader to write a fanfic about my fanfic! I cannot express how much that meant to me—to finally find someone who enjoyed my work so much, they wrote a fanfic! I'm excited to read the rest of Roaring Titan and its sequel! And don't worry, our Pokémon chats are far from over! I'm here for you when you need help with Roaring Titan.

        To my family and grief counselor, thank you for encouraging me to continue writing after my brother's death. We endured it and fought together. It's been a long, heinous ride, but our beloved Matthew's legacy remains, concealed in our hearts and Infrared.

        Dad, thank you for helping me plan the story and create the Mastermind of Deception those three hours we drove to the beach. You have listened to my stories since I was a child and still do. You will always remain my favorite beta reader and reviewer. I remember when you got on my case about Fanfiction in 5th grade and threatened not to listen to my stories until I fixed it. Well, here we are. You helped me create one of my best stories and villains!

        Finally, Infrared itself, you have burned me at the stake one too many times with writer's block, but you also encouraged me to work the hardest I ever have on a book. I fought back by writing 100 words a day until you decided you were finally defeated and lifted the writer's block curse with the last few chapters. This shows how powerful you are—powerful enough that we fought a war. I've cried over you, yelled in frustration, giggled, and more. I guess you could call us enemies-to-lovers.

        I don't know what's going to happen with Infrared next, but what I do know is that our journey is far from over. The very first story I wrote in 4th grade, Infrared's original draft, taught me that. It may be fanfiction, but it's not a story I'll forget anytime soon—only cherish it until it's my turn to join my brother.

        I love you, Infrared.

        I love you, Arven.

        But most importantly, I love you, Matthew.

0