Chapter 18 – Just One Man
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Roland

Roland yawned, it was way too early to be making this march, he craned his neck, and scratched the back of his head. "C'mon boys, we're not going let the wake make us look bad." Mane Maple said, leading the charge in a personal war only she cared about. Two miles weren't a problem, two miles so early in the morning was where it became a pain. But that wasn't the biggest problem.

"How... Much longer." Luminous Koket said, heavily wheezing, stammering to keep himself upright as he wobbled with the group. The biggest challenge this morning was keeping from laughing at the oaf struggling to keep up, and not blurting out the odds you put on him keeling over completely.

"Another half mile." Mane Maple said, "You don't need a break do you Enjinseer?" She said, her rebreather hiding her smirk.

"N-no... I can... I can." He said, "Just asking." The moment he thought no one was looking, he brushed his finger against his lantern. He was as subtle as a bear rummaging through a camp. In an instant he began walking firmer, marching as he had when the march had begun, or in his case five minutes.

"Are you certain you wouldn't want to march with Lucent Mable?" Mane Maple asked.

"You aren't afraid I can't handle my genie are you Lioness?" He said, with a smile that only half touched his cheek. Unlike many, he wore a see-through rebreather, as if the world would be lesser if it couldn't see his aborted smile.

Mane Mable marched a few feet away from their lott, leading Hayseed the same way Mane Maple was guiding them.

"Of course not Luminous, I was just making certain." Mane Maple said she must have been going through a lot, having to remain hospitable for so long.

Lin fluttered into the group, "Mother, said she needed the enjinseer." The small pixcee said, grabbing her feet while hanging in the air.

Mane Maple held her hand toward Lioness Bridget and inclined herself just a tad. Koket made his way to the front, grumbling about being put through his paces or some nonsense.

Mane Maple let out a prolonged sigh the moment he was out of hearing range.

"You see that?" Gin said.

"Give a man a lantern and you won't be able to keep him from using it." Roland said.

"If it keeps us from having to stay out in this sun any longer, I'm good with it." Bigs said, wiping the sweat from his forehead.

"Ease off on him a bit boys, this is probably the poor lad's first time outside his wagon." That got some snickers out of the boys and opened the floodgates for the rest. Many of them took Mane Maple's tame joke as a challenge to try and rip into him as firmly as they could. Roland was just glad to see the town on the horizon, even if at the moment it was a little no bigger than his thumb.  

The people crowded as they approached, children leaping on their tiptoes in an attempt to watch the men led by their respective manes. Men and women whispered among one another, some paying the salute.  A woman pointed towards Jip before whispering to another, the other nodding stiffly. Roland could guess what was being discussed between the two, accusations of odiumite. As if they would tolerate an odiumite with them.

The militia looked more at ease at their sight, no doubt relieved they didn't need to go out and be used as target practice for bandits. They didn't even have a nomex jacket between them, and their torches looked only capable of generating smoke.

"I could get used to this kind of treatment."

 "Probably the most excitement they've seen all in months." Bigs whispered.

"In years more like." Key responded.

"Shut up both of you." Roland said, did those fools forget the place had been harassed constantly by bandits? "Least keep your comments 'til we're not the center of attention."

Koket tapped at the bangle on his left hand, and a gentry emerged from the jewelry. He stretched, yawned, and craned his neck. And like that, the boys had the space they needed. The townspeople vying for the gentry representative's attention.   

"So, what do we have here?" He said, making his way to speak with the leader of the crowd. 

"Thank we beat the Wake?" Gin asked, caring way too much about the lioness stupid games.

"Think again." Jip said, pointing at the single man standing at the corner, he wore robes and clothing that appeared a tad too casual. Most importantly he wore a badge made in the shape of fire, the symbol of the Ashen Wake. 

"Really!" Mane Maple hissed, "He's all they bother sending?" Roland would wager she was more upset at being beaten than the amount of people. "Don't give me that look, Mable, you know I'm right!"

"I am Lagos Naramoth." He said he spoke eloquently far too eloquent for Roland's taste. "It will be an honor to work with you." He said bowing to Lioness Bridget.

"Likewise, I have heard much of your kin's exploits. What is our current situation?"

"I have already scouted and found the bandits, but I could use a force to keep them from escaping, and I figure we will be better received if I didn't marshal the militia they had stationed here."

"What of their numbers?" Lioness Bridget asked.

"And why did you not handle them if they were just bandits?" Mane Maple said, getting a sharp look from both Mane Mable and Lioness Bridget.

"I would prefer if none escape judgment." He said, before turning to Lioness Bridget. "No more than thirty, they would cause little trouble save the rumors of some being in league with the Philistine."

"Odiumites?" Gin asked absentmindedly, getting sharp looks from just about everyone save the mage. With good reason, Roland could scarcely think of anything worse. Throwing away all sense of morality Odiumites were more concerned with power and mayhem. Each striving to live in anarchy at best, becoming necromancers at worse.

"Apparently they had taken to this place like maggots to rotten meat, a good few fleeing when they heard of my approach." 

"Maybe you should have thought of that, before rushing here to claim them for yourself."

"My mistake." He said with a grin that didn't touch his cheeks. "I can not say for certain,  but I believe they are being galvanized by an apostate." Silence gripped the group, odies were bad enough, an apostate would be a slaughter.

"Are you certain?" Lioness Bridget finally said, "Were you able to gauge his strengths?"

"I can not say for certain, but  for what it's worth, I have not seen any sign of exploited corpses."

"Do not take that as gospel, the apostate could be hiding his potential." Lioness Bridget said, "My men and I are at your disposal."

...

One of the things you come to realize when you join the lott is that it's full of marching, from one place to another. Barely a moment's rest and now they had to make their way to this cave Lagos found.

Not that they could take the road made for them, no they had to catch the odiumites by surprise. Meaning they had to shuffle through the foliage and brush. 

"I expected the wake would have sent, I don't know something... more, Y'know." Rook said, swinging a branch out of the way, unaware of it hitting Key. Leaving Roland to wonder which of the two was smarter again.

"I'd worry about keeping up with him." Bigs said.

"Him? I mean he's a good scout if any of what he said was true. But look at him, he's not even carrying a torch."

"Which is why you should wonder why the Wake sent him and only him." Mane Mable interjected, she always spoke like she was your gothel. "Why do you think they would be content with sending only one person?"

"That's obvious, they were perfectly aware we'd be able to handle everything."

"Or they have confidence he was all they would need to send."

"What like a knight?"

"A mage." Leaf said swatting a fly, blissfully sparing the rest of them from the tedious back and forth, Mane Mable gave him a look. She also acted like a facilitator at points.

"No shit, a mage? I- I didn't know the wake had mages."

"Why not?" The Mage said, slowing his pace to walk with the men, "Forgive me, I could not help myself." Aborted mage was already flaunting his power. "The Wake is adamant on their stance on jinn, but they can acknowledge the utility of the power when handled responsibly."

Unlike an apostate who enslaved legna, a mage wielded the forces of the legna themselves. The blade itself was the source of the power, deprive him of that and he would be no more dangerous than any of the other jips surrounding him. It was probably the reason they were tolerated, it made no difference to Roland, such power should never be in the hands of mortal men.

"You got a blade?" Gin asked.

"Of course, he has a blade you moron, what kind of question was that?" Mouth said, before asking an equally stupid question. "Can you fly? Or bread to gold?"

Roland had to suffer a barrage of questions, each one more grating than the last. Until Leaf asked a sensible one, "Any way you can deal with the bugs buzzing around here?"

"I'm sorry, that extends outside my capability." A groan followed his answer. /So he wasn't attuned to life, that one was linked with... earth wasn't it?

"You guys need to lighten up," Mouth said, "You got to learn to enjoy yourself. Breathe in some of that fresh air, and enjoy the orchestra the matron is playing for us." That 'orchestra' consisted of insects and pest chirping and crawling underneath the bark of the trees.

"I'd prefer if they didn't leap into the crowd," Jip said, slapping at a crawler on his back. If the one Roland just crushed was any indication, it was probably a bloodsucker.

"Pfft! You, people, need to lighten up, we have the entire land to ourselves, the very fruits of the matron's gardens right at our gras-," Mouth stopped mid-sentence, maybe the Matron was listening to someone's prayers.

"What's the matter Mouth?" Key said, "That fruit not agreeing with you?"

"Now, now. Bloodsucker might have been a bit too rich for him, I suggest he start a bit slower, with maybe a fly." Bigs added with a laugh.

"Or some gnats, tons of gnats out here," Jip added.

"Laugh it up all you want, I'm just saying we could be in hayseed's shoes." Mouth said after spitting out the remains of his 'fruit.' Everyone was silent for a moment, it was the one point the jip got right.

She was no doubt giving the boys of Hayseed a hard time. Out of everyone, Mane Maple was set on showing up what she called the Wake's 'vaunted response' the ashen wake had sent. With the news of an apostate possibly supporting the bandits. Lioness Bridget found more than enough reason to bring her warder leaving the scout-sergeant behind. She did not take kindly being left behind.

...

A cave, they hid within a cave, men and women, by the looks of them they looked like they were attending a party, not bandits who had been harrying a nearby town. /A nearby town a good number of them grew up in./ Roland thought swallowing the anger that thought brought with it. Roland folded his looking glass, they had made it to the hideout within record time.

"What do you think?" Lagos said, his arms behind his back.

"Their idiots." Lioness Bridget said, and Roland couldn't help but agree. Not only had they not set up any watch, they were so close to the town it was a wonder the militia hadn't rushed and dealt with them.

"I figure I will go and introduce myself, meanwhile you cut off any that attempt to escape. Your warder should set her bell to track the power."

Lioness Bridget looked to Mane Mable and nodded, "Here." She said, handing him her bangle, "If they have another method of escape send Lin."

"Wha, wait I never-" Lin pipped up, previously preoccupied with swinging in a branch, unconcerned until her name was brought up. The pixcee began to whine, acting like the child she could be confused for.

"I want no whining," Bridget said.

"Yes, Ma'am." The pixcee said, crossing her arms and turning with a pout.

Roland waited for her to continue, when she went to talk with Mane Mable, Roland balled his fist. The mage stood, back against a tree arms crossed, like he had no care in the world. Fine he'd tell the boys himself, they had a right to know.

"What is wrong?" Mage Lagos said, looking between him and Lioness Bridget he continued when neither answered, "I feel your uneasiness, I figure this will go more pleasantly if everything was on the table." Aborted mage.

"Any reason you didn't tell us about the gentry." Roland said, that got an aborted smile from the mage.

"It slipped my mind." He said.

"How many?" Rook said.

"What's the plan to rescue them?" Leaf added.

"She isn't a prisoner." Lioness Bridget said silence filling the clearing. "Do not let them escape, remember you act on my order." The was an assurance that no matter what happens, it would fall on Lioness Bridget, so long as she survived. "You may begin when ready Luminous."

Lagos nodded, making his way to a tree, he stepped into its shadow like the genie that enjinseer possessed. The other men gasped and murmured like they were children at a show. Roland focused on his job, using his scope to watch what was about to happen.

The mage emerged within the cave, a spot the tree's shadow had extended into, only when he fully emerge did they finally notice him, blade in hand. Then the mage spoke, it was easy to pick out the leader. No doubt the one who leapt to his feet, pointed, and yelled at his flock.

When his flock refused to throw themselves at the man holding an aetherforged blade, did he relent to talking. Roland couldn't hear a lick of what was being said, but the body language told him enough. This was meaningless, odiumites couldn't be reasoned with, it was just fact.

Proving Roland's point one of the odiumites within the crowd fired a lump of coal. The mage casually avoided the attack as if it was nothing, leaning his head out of coals path. Still, it looked like he was going to talk. The mage had requested violence be a last resort, and Lioness Bridget capitulated, they would not charge in until Roland saw the signal.

It was only when half the cave began firing at him did blissfully he give up and flung himself into combat, his blade cleaving into the nearest odiumite.

Lumps of coal curved around him, hitting the wall behind him. Blocking one and redirecting it to the man who fired it. Moving like the wind, he closed the distance with another running his blade through that one. Good to know he wasn't as soft-hearted as Roland feared.

"Get ready, a fight broke out." Roland said.

"Get into position!" Lioness Bridget ordered, Roland complied and pulled his lighter free. "Do not fire until I say so, and do not hesitate when I give the order."

People rushed out of the cave, some armed and others too focused on escaping the madman with a sword. "Halt!" Lioness Bridget announced, "This will be your only warning, if you wish to escape put your weapons down and get on your knees. Otherwise, we will open fire."

A few dropped their weapons and fell to their knees, another ran only stopping the moment Lioness Bridget fired a lump of coal at his leg. He'd live, unfortunately. Odiumites looked to one another completely lost without their central authority. A few even looked back at the cave they had just escaped from. The sound of battle still escaped, torches alight and howls from any unfortunate to enter the mage's range.

"What are you waiting for!" A woman said, rushing out of the cave, unlike the others she was wearing a nomex jacket. She followed their gazes to Roland and his group, "Fire! Fire! You morons!" She said, pulling her own torch free.

Ordering was all she could manage, a lump of coal hitting her between the eyes knocking her flat on the ground. "Fire!" Lioness Bridget said, in sync with the lump exploding, searing away half of the 'lioness' face. A jacket was able to absorb the heat, but might as well be worthless without a helmet or circlet.

Roland hit the man most likely to follow through with the half-spoken orders, getting him in the ribs. The rest of his lott hit their marks, he noticed Jip had hit one of the standing women, that wasn't surprising, considering who he was.

The clearing reeked of ash and soot, bodies cooked like they had been placed on a stove, left unattended. Their bodies riddled with patches of dark flesh charred where the coals had exploded.

Lioness Bridget surveyed her body of work and simply give her next order. "Rook, Key. Weapons." The two rushed down the ledge, running to take the scattered weaponry. "Anything?" She asked turning towards Mane Mable.

The warder shook her head, "Not a one."

"Finally some good news." She said, making her way down the clearing on the open path. "Take Ojeda and Rooca to support our mage. Everyone else, I want these odiumites stabilized and bound."

"Ma'am." Mane Mable said, taking her Lighter and leading them into the cave, Roland and Bigs gave each other a look before following after her.

The mage didn't appear to need any help, within the cave he danced across the space avoiding what meager retaliation they could muster. Multiple torches and lighters hung in the air firing down towards the remnants that hid behind what they could find for cover.

"I take it you were able to convince them not to run?" The mage asked. "The rest of them are held up behind there. We have been set in a little stalemate, the leader along with his pet ran for cover."

"How many left?" Mane Mable asked.

"Seven if I counted correctly. One is certainly an apostate."

"How can you tell? My bell never-"

"It wouldn't, he hadn't woven anything, I'm beginning to doubt he can, but he wears the proper markings." Why anyone would wear that proudly was beyond Roland's understanding.

"It's good you are here, I was spending too much keeping them animated." As he spoke, the floating torches fell to the floor. "Cover me?"

Mane Mable nodded, flashing the hand signal Roland and Bigs placed themselves behind a position they could tuck behind, waiting for her word to fire.

"This is your last chance!" Lagos said, swiping his blade against the floor. "I do not want to hurt you."

The silence was interrupted by the harsh popping of coal cutting through the air. Roland, Bigs, and Mane Mable pressed tightly to cover, the mage barely budged. Lumps that threatened to hit him narrowly grazed him, or even went through him as if he was mist.

"Very well." The mage said, rushing towards the hidden crowd. Roland and Bigs provided the cover fire on Mane Bridget's order. Not that the mage seemed to need their support, he had already made his way past the rock they had hidden behind flushing them from their cover.

What little Roland could see were cut down, each falling to the floor as the mage hacked through them like they were leaves. On Mane Mable's words, they advanced.

The Mage dismissed his blade, looking at the last man without even an ounce of concern. The apostate—it was obvious he was an apostate—pressed his hands against the wall of the cave as if he could push the earth itself. Huddled over at the corner was a gentry, she held a hand torch so weakly it threatened to fall out of her grasp at any moment.

"That won't work." Mane Mable said, making her way to Lagos' side.

"Aborted, warder." The apostate hissed, his bare chest branded with markings and glyphs dedicated to the Philistine. Pulling a knife free, he brandished it toward them. "I have worked too hard! Been promised too much! To have everything taken from me!"

Lagos casually strolled towards the apostate and swept his legs, the man falling to the floor with a thud. The gentry shrieked and covered the top of her head with her hands, her torch falling to the floor with a click.

"Here." He said, handing the bangle back to Mane Mable, "I believe this one would prefer being in your hands than mine." Lin let out a hmpf, as he removed the bracelet. "I would appreciate if you help me apprehend the others." He continued.

"What is there to apprehend?" Bigs asked, unaware of what had happened.

"Bigs, take a closer look," Roland said, kneeling to one of the men the mage had carved, the man lay on the floor. Energy scored where the blade had cut, but each still breathed, they were unfortunately saddled with a mage with an exceedingly soft heart.

"I have lost my fondness for any kind of death." He answered the question no one asked.

Twenty-three survived, and most of the ones who had died were the ones left to the mercy of Roland's lott. Blissfully torches weren't so hesitant when it came to rendering justice.

"How are we going to split them up?" Lioness Bridget asked.

"You can have them all." Lagos said with a shrug.

"You did just as much as us, you deserve your share."

"If the Wake wanted more to judge, they would have taken better care of who they sent. The village is safe, that is all I care about. Besides." Lagos said with a smile, "I feel they will fair better under your overseer's jurisdiction."

"What about that one?" Roland said, pointing to the gentry shivering like she was in a blizzard.

Lioness Bridget made her way to the girl, Roland felt sorry for her. Wasn't the poor girl's fault she was being used.

"What's your name?" Lioness Bridget asked.

"W-Willow..." She said.

"You were found working with apostates, a calisar." She winced at the words like being slapped in the face.

"I-I'm so-"

"Be silent!" Lioness Bridget hissed. "You were pushed into this, weren't you?" Gentry Willow looked up at Lioness Bridget with apprehension and confusion, "That is what happened isn't it?"

Gentry Willow looked at the other odiumites, guilt warred with preservation of the gentry weighing her odds. "Yes..." She said softly looking away.

Some of the odiumites, hissed barbed words at Gentry Willow's response. "I said silence." Lioness Bridget shouted, "Next ones who speak I will hand to the Ashen Wake myself!" That made some of the lott uneasy, not out of concern, they all had more than enough sense than to care about an oudie, even jip. What concerned them most was losing their share of the pot for bringing so many oudiumites, it was doubtful Lioness Bridget would make up for that loss over an act of petty spite. If it wasn't an empty threat that was, Lioness Bridget didn't use empty words. "They are not so lenient to those who follow scum like this." She said, tugging at their apostate leader hard enough to have him fall on his face. That got them quiet.

...

"Twenty-three?" Enjinseer Koket said. "And we get them all?"

Luminous Bridget nodded, she and Mane Maple held chains binding the odiumites each responsible for half of the spoils. Mane Maple was solely responsible for keeping the apostate in line, his hands bound at the wrist to keep his powers in check.

The eleven under Mane Maple's watch would have an especially rough trip back. The scout-sergeant finally had people she not only would be allowed but encouraged to work her stresses out. "He seems to have taken umbrage with the wake for sending him alone."

"The gentry?"

"Another rescue." Lioness Bridget said, sliding each man a stony look, fixing the last at the enjinseer himself. "Here." She said, gesturing towards Mane Maple who tossed the apostate she had kept next to her on the floor.

"What is-"

"Turns out the rumors of an apostate were true." Lioness Bridget said kicking at the man on his knees. That was all the enjinseer needed, taking a collar from his backpack, and snapping it on the apostate's neck.

He winced as if a handful of ice was poured down his back, "This is a mild inconvenience, you will pay once-" The apostate fell to the floor, curling up as the enjinseer held his lantern to the air.

"You will not speak unless spoken to, am I clear apostate?" When he said nothing, Koket lashed him again, this time much stronger than before if his shouting was any indication. "I will take an answer or scream, remember that." He turned to his pet, "If you feel he is acting up, I want him beaten."

"As you wish." The genie said with a well-practiced apathy. If Roland didn't unfortunately know more than he wished to know about jinn he would have been convinced the genie wasn't jumping for joy internally.

What followed was the two bartering over who had what share of the spoils to offer. Roland rested his back against the wall. He didn't care and would be glad when they finished.

Roland's peace was interrupted when the mage placed his back against another portion of the weald. Matron, what did he do to have to put up with so much today? Blissfully he didn't attempt to talk with him.

The rest of his lott enjoyed their time in the town, Bigs getting any type of booze in him now that Mane Maple and Mane Mable's attentions were pointed elsewhere. The former already making her charges regret throwing in with the odiumites. Mane Maple kept close with the enjinseer and his pet, more looking after the apostate than wishing to be in his company Roland assumed.

Mouth was regaling anyone who would listen about their valiant struggle, with the apostate summoning a bound legna that was brought back to it's senses by his heartfelt words. Rook and Key were lost in the crowd and Gin...     

Gin made his way towards the mage. "Luminous Lagos, I was wondering, do you have need of a squire?"

"A remarkably forward offer." He said, his mirth beginning to grate on Roland.

"You miss all the shots you don't take."

The mage nodded as if that was the wisest thing he had ever heard. "What is your name?"

"Nurlan." Was that his name? You never learned the names of the people in a new lott, especially fresh recruits.

"I'm no knight, I would not know what to do with a squire."

"Oh... Well, I'll be whatever you need me to be! I'm certain mages have some kind of witness for them."

"What makes you think I don't already have one?"

"Do you?"

Lagos smiled again, "Are you always this straightforward?"

"I don't know probably?"

"I do not have a witness, and I am not looking for one." He said, Gin lowered his head in defeat. "But," He said, holding his hand out, that accursed blade appearing in his grasp. "If you wish to become a mage." He said driving his blade into the ground. "Go ahead and pull it out."

Gin rushed to grab the blade, Roland leapt in an attempt to snatch Gin back, ready to berate the fool with every insult he could think of. The moron only stopped the moment the mage held his hand up.

"Huh?" Gin asked nearly tripping on himself.

"Your friend seems to want a word with you."

"What's the problem, Rebel?" He asked when he finally noticed Roland, a smile beginning to form thinking he understood what was going on. "I get the first pull." He said brushing his nose with his curved index finger.

"Take heed, grasping the blade will open you to it's judgment, if she judges you unworthy, you will die." /She huh?/

The excitement on Gin's face melted into worry, his hand trembling. Roland stepped back and crossed his arms, the jip had been warned if he got himself killed after this Roland could go home with a clear conscious.

Gin swallowed, just staring at the blade, his hand getting close to the pommel by increments. Before finally stepping back, and giving up thank the matron. "You know what Rebel, you can have the first go."

"You realize if I do take that blade, you're not going to get a chance right?"

"Y-yeah! S-same for you, if I take it-"

"Give it up Gin, you're not going to pull the blade."

"Shows what you know!" Gin said, taking a statement of fact as a challenge he reached for the blade only to stop right before skin touched the blade's hilt. He pulled his hand away like it was a hot stove. "I-I think Mane Mable's calling! S-sorry for wasting your time Luminous." He said running as if his life depended on it. Leaving Roland alone with the mage.

"You have been staring at me since we got back." The mage said, "Do you also wish to 'have a go' of my blade?"

"I'd rather die," Roland said.

"Another brash one." He said,  brushing his hand against the flat of the blade. How could someone wield that thing and smile? "Do you have a problem with me?" Roland didn't have problem with him.

"I don't take kindly to people trying to kill my men."

"What's with letting the Odiumites live?"

"What's wrong with letting them live?"

Roland held back what he wanted to say, as calmly as the mage presented himself, these blade holders had a tendency to get violent when things didn't go their way. "I find it funny you are so concerned with people who wouldn't hesitate to kill us and everyone here, yet you would have let my comrade die on your sword."

"Because he asked for the opportunity." And that was a good enough reason to lead him off a cliff? "Still not good enough?"

Roland shrugged, "I don't take kindly to people trying to kill my men."

"Then why didn't you stop him?" He asked, no judgment on his tone, not outwardly at least.

"I don't need to justify myself to you." He did stop him, he gave the fool the information he needed and if he thought he could fly after being told otherwise, it wasn't Roland's fault.

"You don't." He said, extending a hand towards the blade, it evaporated fading away like mist. Roland felt a bit easier with that blade gone. "The blade bothers you that much?" He said tilting his head slightly. /Abortion I fucked up./

"You'd have to be mad to not be bothered by that blade."

"Perhaps." He said, summoning his blade again, "Her name is Leniency."

"Why would I care?"

"A friend told me it's easier to relate when a name is involved, her name is Leniency."

"Then you can tell your friend all about Leniency."

"I doubt I'll be talking with her again. This blade comes at a price."

"Couldn't you have this conversation with anyone else?"

"Nothing stopping you from leaving."

With a growl Roland walked away, whenever they left it wouldn't come soon enough.

0