Chapter One
2k 17 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Space. I'm flying through space. I thought after something I believed to be an asteroid blurred past my senses. Those little lights in the distance are stars, then.

Fuck. How long has this been going on? Days? Years? The only reason I even know I'm moving is because of that asteroid... Now that I think about it, the stars seem to be moving a little... I must be moving fast as hell for things so far away to look like they're moving.

That doesn't help me, though. I still don't know how I got here or what's going on... I sighed mentally. The last thing I remember was being blinded by a bright ass light and passing out. When I woke up, I was already out here, zooming off into the distance as a ball of light.

A loud, obnoxious screech, like nails on a chalkboard, ripped through the void, and a series of screens appeared before me.

We've finally found you!!!
We don't have much time, so we'll make this quick!

Long story short, your planet exploded.

Mana, the energy that powers magic, constantly expands throughout the universe. Whenever it finds a new world, it floods in and integrates itself with the world.

Usually, this process is overseen to prevent any issues from cropping up. However, for some unknown reason, mana reached Earth much sooner than it was originally supposed to.

The planet's leylines weren't correctly formed during its creation, and when mana flooded in unsupervised, it caused a catastrophic explosion.

As you can probably imagine, nothing survived.

There is a bright side, however. 

A few lucky souls managed to persist after death due to contact with the pure, unfiltered mana.

These souls were blasted out into space and have been flying aimlessly ever since.

It took over a century, but we finally managed to find you!

As compensation for our failure, we've been authorized to grant you a new body on the planet nearest to your current location.

Unfortunately, politics prevent us from returning you to your previous body. We also cannot place you into a human body.

However, we can grant you a new, never before seen race! This race is one of the possible evolutions for your planet's humans after exposure to mana.

We'll also be providing you with a few bonuses as furth-

The text abruptly cut off, and the screen disappeared, quickly replaced by another.

Looks like we're out of time.

Good luck!

I blacked out as the final screen faded.


Fuck! I screamed in my mind as my awareness returned, and I jumped to my feet.

Oh shit! I have a body again! I exclaimed mentally after I realized that jumping to my feet required a body.

"Goddamnit!" I exclaimed, this time out loud when I glanced down at my body

A pair of breasts filled my vision. Very large, very unclothed breasts.

Normally, I'd have nothing to complain about at the sight of some exposed titties. Especially when they're perky, almost gravity-defying, and perfectly shaped.

Normally though, they wouldn't be on my body. 

Before the Earth exploded, I was a dude.

"Well, I guess this is better than being a ball of light flying endlessly through the universe," I said with a sigh. "I mean, magic is definitely a thing now."

"And hot damn! I'm stacked! I can't complain about that!" I exclaimed and began checking out the rest of my body.

I estimated that I was roughly five foot six. I had a pale complexion and strawberry-blonde hair that flowed down to the middle of my upper back.

I'm not an expert on bra sizes, but I couldn't be anything less than a DD cup. I had the kind of nipples that were always easily visible through clothing, even more so when aroused.

My waist was slim, and my hips were wide. My ass was large and perfectly formed.

I had an hourglass, almost pear-shaped, figure.

Muscles could be seen rippling beneath my skin when I shifted my weight. I wasn't a bodybuilder by any means, but my muscles were clearly defined and powerful.

For the most part, I looked like a gorgeous human woman in her mid-twenties. I could give any supermodel a run for their money.

However, one distinct feature prevented me from being mistaken for a human.

A series of lines made out of some kind of dull, grey, metallic substance marked my body. From what I could see without a mirror, a main, thicker line ran down my spine and split off at multiple points.

The first split was at the end of my neck. The lines wrapped my shoulders and went down my arms, ending in unfilled circles on the top of my hands.

The same split branched off again just before my arms. The new lines traced my collarbone and combined before going down my sternum. Once again, it split into two and followed my lowest ribs, wrapping back and connecting to the spinal line.

The next split happened at my waist, wrapping around and looking like a belt. Three lines forked off of the belt. One ran a short distance upward and stopped with a circle around my navel. The other two fell down the sides of my legs and ended with a circle wrapped around my ankles.


Eventually, I finished examining my body and took a look around the area I was in.

My surroundings were much tamer than what I had imagined for an alien planet.

I was at the edge of a forest. At first glance, it looked exactly the same as any random wooded area I had seen on Earth. 

However, that opinion quickly changed once I got a glimpse further into the forest through a break in treetops.

Toward the center of the forest, the trees were massive. Incredibly massive. It looked like the trunks were several hundred feet wide, and while I had to be miles and miles away from them, I couldn't see the tops. I actually saw a cloud that was lower than the canopy!

I stood awestruck for several minutes before turning and looking in the opposite direction.

All I could see were rolling plains and something that might have been mountains in the distance.

I diligently scanned the horizon, looking for anything else of interest, before I huffed and spoke aloud. "Well, what do I do now?" I winced at my unfamiliar, feminine voice.

A screen appeared before me, causing me to jump in shock.

It was similar to the ones I saw while in space, but it had a different feeling.

New sapient lifeform detected.

System registration commencing.

Unknown race detected. Inspecting.

New race registered.

System registration completed.

Please open your status.

I gawked for several moments longer than I would ever admit. Eventually, I hesitantly called out, "Status," causing two new screens to open.

Status

Name: ???

Race: Synthorg

Sex: Female

Age: 24

 

Level: 0

Class: ???

Subclass: ???

 

Health: 200/200 Regen: 20/hour

Mana: 300/300 Regen: 30/hour

Stamina: 300/300 Regen: 150/hour

 

Strength: 25

Vitality: 20

Endurance: 30

Dexterity: 15

Intelligence: 30

Wisdom: 20

 

Perks (Locked)

Skills (Locked)

Quest Received

Choose a name

 

Choose a name for yourself

 

Rewards

Class assigned

Subclass available

Perks unlocked

Skills unlocked

A name... Hmm... I might as well take advantage of this new chance at life... I don't want to ever forget the past, though... I thought as I paced in circles, trying to come up with a good name for myself. 

Terra... I'll name myself after the Earth... Yea... My name is Terra. I decided, and the windows before me updated.

Quest Completed

Choose a name

 

Welcome, Terra, to the world of Erosis!

 

Class Assigned

Prime - Legendary

 

Perks Unlocked

Skills Unlocked

Immediately, I felt my body shift into a new state.

Something with me began letting off an incredible amount of energy. I felt myself becoming stronger and more durable.

And then the energy reached my mind, and my senses, for lack of a better word, blinked. To me, everything ceased existing for a split second before returning. As the world flooded back in, it was so much more than before. 

I felt like I had previously been viewing the world on VHS with a crappy tv. Now, I was the only person at a theater, watching in 8K with surround sound and rumbling bass.

It was overwhelming. My mental capabilities vastly exceeded what they were when I was human. However, my mind could barely process all the information my senses provided. 

Pressure and pain began building within my skull.

After what felt like an eternity, right as I thought my head was going to burst, something came online.

All of a sudden, the pressure and pain were gone. 

My senses became even sharper but no longer overwhelmed my mind.

In fact, my mind was working even faster than before.

Another screen appeared.

Please choose a subclass

Warrior - Common

Rogue - Common

Mage - Common

 

Barbarian - Uncommon

 

Battle Mage - Rare

 

Progenitress - Legendary

There wasn't any description of the choices. All I could go off of was the name and rank.

I sighed and picked the only real option. While I could never be entirely sure, it was logical that something with a higher rank would be more powerful.

Congratulations!

Your circumstances have led to a situation unique throughout the cosmos! 

A reward benefitting your Race, Class, and Subclass has been received.

 

Perk gained

Breeder's Body

I shivered violently as changes once more happened to my body. My entire body tingled, and it felt like my breasts and lower abdomen were struck by lightning.

Status

Name: Terra

Race: Synthorg

Sex: Female

Age: 24

 

Level: 0

Class: Prime

Subclass: Progenitress

 

Health: 250/250 Regen: 125/hour

Mana: 380/380 Regen: 76/minute

Stamina: 380/380 Regen: 19/minute

 

Strength: 32 (25)

Vitality: 25 (20)

Endurance: 38 (30)

Dexterity: 19 (15)

Intelligence: 38 (30)

Wisdom: 25 (20)

 

Perks

Skills

After quickly glancing over my increased stats, I began experimenting with my status, prodding parts of it and attempting to glean more information.

The first tidbit I managed to gather was about my race.

Synthorg

Synthetic Organics, colloquially known as Synthorgs, are an evolved branch of the human race native to the lost planet of Earth.

Synthorgs, are, at a basic level, peak humans heavily augmented by synthetic materials.

With the help of mana, those augmentations were embedded into the human genome, altering it drastically and creating an entirely new and unique race.

Synthorgs retain a mostly human appearance, only distinguishable as something else by their conduits.

Most of a Synthorg's bodily systems are heavily reinforced and improved. 

For example:

Bone and tissue have been restructured and improved. They are made of multiple types of carbon nanotubes, allowing incredible strength and flexibility.

The brain and nervous system have been reworked and tuned. Many portions have been replaced with optical and mana-powered structures.

As a result of these and several other improvements, Synthorgs start with stats much higher than an average human's 10.

Holy shit! This is insane! A massive increase in base stats compared to a human... I mused to myself, looking at my hands and idly noting that the lines marking my body must be the conduits.

I continued exploring my status.

Prime

Planetary Level

You are your race's Prime. Your will carries weight and has the power to affect the very world around you.

Progenitress

You are the first of your kind. Grow the Synthorg population and guide them into the future.

The Prime class was confusing. Its description didn't offer much information, but it did sound powerful.

The description of Progenitress worried me, however. My new race's population growth was something to be explored in the future. It wasn't something that I would expect an entire class to be based upon.

Tossing aside my concerns, I looked over my perks.

Perks

Miniature Mana Reactor (Racial)

A Mana Reactor is a self-sustaining construct that generates mana. A miniature version has been placed inside your body, allowing it to produce its own mana at an incredible rate.

Mana regeneration is calculated at 20% per minute


Reinforced (Racial)

Your body has been further strengthened by the excess mana running through it.

All stats increased by 25%

Health regeneration is calculated at 50% per hour

Stamina regeneration is calculated at 5% per minute


Coprocessor (Racial)

Your mind is augmented by a mana-powered processor, significantly increasing its capabilities and adding several additional features.

Your mind's ability to process data, such as your senses, has increased by a large margin

You can create specialized software that can be run independently of your thoughts

You can run multiple thought processes in parallel

You can set tasks to run in the background


Hardened Will (Prime)

Your will is stronger than steel.

The effect of your will is increased by a large amount


Progenerate (Progenitress)

Your body is more fertile.

You can become pregnant at any time

Your chance of conception with a non-sterile partner will not drop below 75%

You have a higher chance of bearing multiples

Your pregnancies progress at a faster rate


Breeder's Body

Your body has become the perfect vessel for reproduction.

You can reproduce with all humanoids and many non-humanoids

You have a 5% of conceiving with a sterile partner

Your pregnancies progress at a faster rate

Your pregnancies will not have any complications and will always produce healthy children

When your fertility is at its peak, you will enter a highly aroused state

Grants the skill: Immaculate Conception

I sighed in mild frustration. While the racial perks were amazing, the rest left much to be desired.

Hardened Will was vague, and I didn't know what it would actually do.

The last two perks were the main source of my frustration, however. I might have made a mistake with the Progenitress subclass. It seems like it will not be as powerful as I had hoped... It looks like it might be focused in a completely different direction.

Sighing again, I looked over the final portion of my status. My skills.

Skills

Analyze (Racial)

Records the composition of scanned entities.

 

Active:

Scan objects and materials within the range of your mana manipulation


Synthesize (Racial)

Create something from nothing.

 

Active:

Convert mana into objects or materials within the database

Mana cost is determined by the complexity of the produced entity


Immaculate Conception

Attempt reproduction without a partner.

 

Passive:

Your body will self-conceive after the skill timer ends

This has a 5% chance of producing a viable clone

 

Active:

Additional mana is used to conceive immediately

This has a 15% chance of producing a viable clone

 

Clone Information:

As a soul can only be produced through normal reproduction, you and your clones share a soul

If your main body perishes, the oldest clone takes over

Clones cannot use this skill

 

Timer:

The timer starts after giving birth

The term starts at 5 days

Every conception not caused by this skill's passive activation increases the next term by 5 days

Every conception caused by this skill's passive activation resets the term to 5 days

 

Current term: 5 days

Time since last activation: 6 minutes

Time since last birth: N/A

"Blegh! This is going to be obnoxious. How will I survive in a new, likely highly dangerous, world if I'm constantly knocked up?" I grumbled.

"At least I have 5 days befo-" I froze and reread the portion detailing the timer.

"It's already activated?!?! Fuuuuuuuuuck!!!"

This is a new story that I'll be writing along with Divine Champion. I wanted something else to have so that I don't get burnt out as easily.

I also wanted to write something in first person. I'm liking it so far. Let me know what you think!

 

Thanks for reading!

65