Confrontion?
74 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ciel was pushed back by several arrows released from the white robe he was currently against. Jumping nimbly back to the ground, he glanced at the two white robes in front of Erin, feeling a sense of deja vu.

His blood threads quickly swept towards the men blocking Erin, immediately, the copper eyed one stepped back, letting his companion block the threads. The one Ciel had attacked also backed down, standing beside the other man.

One was fighting the crimson lines like his life depended on it, while the other two were watching from the sidelines as if they weren't from the same side at all.

Ciel had an inkling of who they were now.

'Well, this just got more entertaining. Why is this pair from Novus Vita here?'

The novel mentioned nothing about this.

But then again, in Ciel's eyes, the novel was already unreliable.

Ciel's thoughts finished here as he bounced up and stopped besides his brother, easily cutting the bonds with his threads. Before the ropes fell to the ground, the blood threads flickered and disappeared from sight. This environment was too unstable for his cards. One wrong move and he could lose one.

At this time, Ciel still had the leisure to wonder if they really were allowed to destroy parts of the mountain like Verdalite had said.

"Pwa!" Without the bonds, Quetzal ran his mouth freely. Standing up, he fiercely pointed at the two men across from him, demonstrating the power of an arrogant second generation to its fullest.

"How dare you do this! Do you know who my father is?"

Ciel turned away, hiding his face: "...pfft."

Erin: "..."

Is it too late to pretend not to know them?

The pair across from them paused, and the shorter one nudged the taller one with copper eyes.

"Brother, they're the enemy, but why do I also feel embarrassed?"

It was in a voice that could be considered quiet, but it was also loud enough to be heard by everyone present.

Quetzal's face didn't change and Aspen even puffed her chest up.

"Now that you know to be embarrassed for being arrogant in my young lord's presence?"

Both brothers turned away simultaneously.

We don't know these two fools.

The copper-eyed man looked at the two fools with disgust and looked at Beelzebub beside him.

"Ignore those retards. Is that little girl the one you told me about last time? Why didn't you tell me there was also a little boy who's also good material?"

Quetzal probably had never been called such a term in his life. For a moment, he didn't react, or perhaps he suspected some hidden meaning behind those words, so he subconsciously looked to Ciel and Erin in complete confusion. After all, they were the ones being addressed in the man's latter words.

Ciel gave a puff of laughter, "He's insulting you."

Quetzal: "..."

Beelzebub smoothly ignored the Quetzal who was becoming red from anger and smiled cheerily under the mask.

"Sorry, I didn't notice the other one. But they're here now. We can take them back together! But…"

He looked at Ciel, a curious look in his eyes.

"I'm sure I crippled your legs last time, how are you walking?"

"Ah?"

Ciel remembered the two arrows through his legs. Narrowing his cat-like eyes, he grinned.

"That's right, I forgot you still owed me a pair of legs."

He still remembered what Lilian had told him before:

"Ciel, your kneecaps have been completely shattered. If not for your strange physique and timely rescue, your legs would have been completely wasted. Don't overexert them for a while, or I can't guarantee that they'll stay intact."

Damn, now that he thought about it, his knees had been hurting for a while since the fall.

Oh well. It wasn't as if he could stay still now even if he wanted to.

Mammon clapped his hands together: "Alright, I'm not as patient as this glutton over here. Beelzebub, stop playing around, we need to head back before that old fart notices."

An immense pressure descended on the four children, sending them all down to their knees.

As the one with the weakest physique, Ciel nearly face-planted into the floor.

He cursed, "F*ck. I wasn't ready yet."

This guy was so much harder to distract compared to Beelzebub.

Ciel moved his fingers. The barely noticeable blood droplets in the air instantly soared upwards, giving up their camouflage in favor of speed, digging into the ceiling of the cave.

—Crick Crack.

Looking up, Beelzebub could see that the already weathered down cave started cracking, spider web-like patterns spreading across the rock at breakneck speed.

His face changed: "F*ck, this kid is as crazy as our boss!"

Two raven black wings sprouted from Mammon's back as he picked Beelzebub up in a practiced manner. "It's fine, this was about to happen sooner or later anyway."

Beelzebub was dangled by the scruff of his neck: "No wait, we haven't taken the kids yet! Those are excellent seedlings running away right there!"

A few seconds ago, Erin had been able to break free of the pressure, and he was currently running towards the entrance with Ciel slung over his shoulder like an anemic rice bag. The two dragon children were also hot behind his heels.

Taking in Beelzebub's words, Mammon waved his hand and flew in another direction without looking back—the prime image of a heartless boss. His subordinate, who had been barely noticeable ever since the eves were freed, shot towards the fleeing children.

Ciel patted Erin's back, "Leave the puppet to me."

"Who else would I be able to leave it too?" Erin's voice was very relaxed, as if he wasn't worried about the situation at all.

Well, he could also be too used to whatever trouble Ciel has caused to be worried over what was going to happen next.

The next second, Ciel withdrew all the mana covered blood he had planted in the ceilings, and a series of sharp needles were formed right in front of him, before whistling through the air, towards the man.

The man acted like he was blind, not even bothering to dodge them as they shot straight through him.

Even with their small size, the sheer amount of them should have turned the man into a honeycomb. It really made one wonder how much blood Ciel had lost.

Surprisingly, the man was unaffected—he didn't even bleed, even though Ciel could practically see through his body to the walls behind him.

At this moment, Quetzal made the bad decision to turn back and take a look at the honeycomb. Seeing this ghostly sight, the spoiled young master stumbled and almost fell.

"Sh*t, what is he?"

Ciel laughed, completely relaxed.

"A complete puppet."

This simplified his task.

Behind the puppet, the blood needles changed again into several thicker strands of string. Utilizing the last of his mana, Ciel manipulated the strings to grab onto several falling rocks. As if magnetically attracted to each other, the strings then extended out and connected to the remaining needles hooked onto the puppet's body.

A manic glint flashed briefly in Ciel's eyes.

"Die."

The rocks smashed into the puppet's body, knocking him right into the pool of lava he had been about to jump over.

–Plop.

There wasn't even splashing as the puppet, along with the rocks, were swallowed up by the murky red liquid.

Ciel's eyes were full of glee.

"Dare to challenge me, you deserve to burn in hell!"

Ciel paused for a moment.

'Wait a second, I didn't say that sentence.'

'Quetzal, what kind of arrogant second generation lines are those!!?'

 

Author's Note:

Happy New Year! ~\\(≧▽≦)/~

Here's a big emoticon to celebrate the new year!

(_\ヽ

  \\ .Λ_Λ.

   \( ˇωˇ) 

    > ⌒ヽ

   /   へ\

   /  / \\

   レ ノ   ヽ_つ

  / /

  / /|

 ( (ヽ

 | |、\

 | 丿 \ ⌒)

 | |  ) /

`ノ )   Lノ

(_/

Why a emoticon? Because I can. 〜(^∇^ 〜)

2