Prolouge
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A huge door with a demonic face blocked my path as I looked behind my shoulder. Those things won’t be able to find me here. 

If I remember correctly, this door can send me back home. I don’t deserve to be here. I don’t deserve all of this!

All I ever wanted was to be with my friends again but I didn’t get that. Instead I got stuck in an endless inferno with weird creatures making a mockery of me. Enough is enough.

I don’t care about the deal I made or the “soul” I sold to him. I just want to go back home and put this whole thing behind me. I will not let anyone control me anymore!

I too out a crimson coin from my pocket and looked at my reflection. It shared the same shade of blood. A color I’m too familiar with. I tossed the coin into a little slot and stepped back. The door swung open, revealing a huge blue portal. Satisfaction coursed through my veins as I approached it.

Finally, I can go back.

“Stop right there!” Someone called out in a raspy voice.

I grit my teeth, turning around to face two orange hunchback creatures with wings and spears.

“What are you doing here? Middle class demons shouldn’t be snooping around here.” The other creature hissed.

“Don’t you dare call me that! I’m fully human to the bone!” I shot back, reaching for my tanto. 

“How dare you make that hideous claim! Our master gave you a new identity and you still deny it?” 

I could feel the force of the portal pulling me in. The “fight or flight” solution circled in my mind. I can take these things but that’ll cost me the chance of going back. I can’t afford that to slip from my fingers. 

After some quick thinking, I jumped into the portal and braced myself for what lies on the other side.

“You fool!” The creatures shouted. 

While in the portal, I felt like my mind was splitting into two. Everything was going too fast and the urge to throw up swelled in my stomach. 

Memories flashed through my mind like they were playing in a loop. The countless battles back home and here, my friends, family, and other things. I was submerged in a hopeless hell. The questions, the hatred, the painful memories. It was all too much to handle.

I let out an agonizing scream before blacking out.

0