Chapter 2: Just a Passing Stand User
230 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I would like to think about it, he said." Alice pouted.

"Well, it seems like he has his considerations." I just nodded and didn't linger on the topic. Anyway, Hachiman's not my only potential Host.

"... But, can we truly earn enough imaginary value for my graduation?" Alice muttered, looking at the transparent screen with mixed emotions.

"If my plan worked, you will not only recover the lost imaginary value. It is also possible to earn enough profit to upgrade our Authority." I said, typing on the holographic keyboard.

It's been a day since the encounter in the alley. During that time, I was constantly looking for another potential Host. I also did my best to appease Alice; she hasn't recovered yet, but at the very least, she's not that downcast anymore.

As for finding another Host? Well, I can't exactly put all of my eggs in one basket, can't I? Maybe one mistake might capsize the boat. Furthermore, no provision prohibits contracting one or more hosts. It's just that you need an astronomical amount of imaginary value to do so. 

So where did I get the imaginary value to squander, you ask? Transmigrator standard cheat, although Alice and I share all the authorities, the Imaginary value alone is an exception.

Alice had a pitiful amount of 50, while mine had the infinity symbol. I can't share my endless amount of Imaginary value with Alice, so I had to work myself to the bone for her graduation and our authority upgrade. Also, Alice alone has the right to upgrade our Authority, further pushing me to the path of working. 

CLACK!

"With this, our first stand user has arrived." An audible sound of typing rang; as I stood before the transparent screen with a hint of expectation.

A thin figure of a young man could be seen on the transparent screen, sorting out various documents on his table.

He had blond hair and sharp eyes resulting from lack of sleep. He wore a standard black Japanese uniform with a golden chain-like accessory around his neck. Just by his vibe alone, you can tell he's a serious student. Overall, he looks like a living textbook example of what a student should be.

Then again, why does our esteemed Host looks familiar?

While puzzled by the strange situation, I felt someone tugging my shirt. I turned around and looked at the excited and lively loli.

"Ren! This guy is good! He had all the qualifications to become a powerful and reliable Host! Look!" Alice merrily shoved a transparent screen on my face.

Property Panel
Name Shirogane Miyuki
Race Human
Physical Value C-
Mental Value S
Overall Qualification S-
Remarks This is a hidden gem.

I nodded perfunctorily to Alice and resumed my typing.

"What's with that bland reaction!?" Alice once again tugged my t-shirt and shoved the transparent screen.

"I already saw it, so you don't have to shove it to my face." 

Although I did, I never expected it would be someone I was familiar with, thus; my previous conjecture regarding the world I transmigrated to was finally confirmed.

A comprehensive world. 

The animes I thought happened in their own universes were mixed and matched in this world.

The places and schools I initially thought existed only in fiction; were Shuchiin Academy, Sobu High School, Incho Private School, etc., all residing in the same world, which further affirmed my speculation.

Although dumbfounded, I was also a bit excited about the future. It's just that; I'm worried about the terrifying hidden bosses in the background. Although I haven't seen their existence yet, that doesn't mean they do not exist. After all, these people love hiding in the dark.

Honestly, it takes a lot for me to sleep comfortably while these people are still outside. I can't help but think that one day, I might experience waking up in the morning only to discover that the world almost got destroyed because of someone's conspiracies.

I can't, man. My poor heart won't be able to take it.

With that aside, it also gave me a bit of pressure. No matter which world it is, strength remains the leading capital you'll need to deal with your troubles. After all, even if we're living in a so-called era ruled by law, that only applies to ordinary people. As for those higher beings, unless it has corresponding deterrence, it is nothing but empty talk.

Thus, presenting us with the current situation, me looking for various potential Hosts to prepare for future emergencies.

Regardless, how should I reasonably give him a stand? Hmm.

"Hey Ren, when are you going to contact him? Do you want me to do it?" My partner, Alice, who is so eager, immediately volunteered herself.

Although the typical troupe of slapping someone with some hidden power and stuff, asking them to save the world, etc., isn't bad, it's too plain. There's also a situation where the Host becomes conceited, resulting in a troublesome situation, although the possibility is quite tolerable; since they're carefully screened and tested. And, frankly speaking, Shirogane himself is not that kind of person.

Then why am I still hesitant? It's because I want to personally test him. I want to see if he can bear the pressure and identity of being a 'savior.' 

It just happened that an opportunity presented itself. Atop the transparent panel before Alice and I was a small yet conspicuous box similar to the map in RPGs. On the map, a blue circle could be seen, which is the current position of Shirogane; There's also a throbbing red circle, which indicates the location of the invader. The distance between Shirogane and the invader is quite close, just outside the school gate.

If it was in the afternoon, its appearance might've caused panic, but thankfully, it's already late, exactly 8:03 PM. 

This time, it seemed like Shirogane was finally freed from his work. He picked up his bag, left the office, and unsuspectingly walked towards the gate.

The invader also noticed Shirogane, as it immediately hid at the blindspot of the gate, waiting until Shirogane walked a certain distance.

Seeing this, I know that the opportunity to show o- I mean to test our potential Host has arrived!

"Alice, I'll go out for a moment."

"Hmm? Where?" Alice looked puzzled and tilted her head.

However, instead of my usual voice, what responded was the voice of an invincible stand user molded in indomitability.

"... Good grief, isn't it obvious? I'm out to save that guy."

Alice turned around and looked in my direction with an expression asking, 'who are you?'

I turned my back, tugged my ornamented cap, and replied with one of the lines I dreamed of saying.

"Just a passing stand user."


"Haa... arranging the budget of clubs took longer than I thought." Shirogane wearily massaged his left shoulder.

As the president who oversees the entire campus, the usual workload was somewhat tolerable with the help of the Vice president, Treasurer, and Secretary. It just happened that three of them took a leave for some reason, leaving only Shirogane to fend for himself. The documents regarding the funding of the club are also being urged, forcing him to take overtime for a day.

Thankfully, most of the important ones were already sorted, leaving only minor issues. 

"Hmm, I have enough time to catch up." Shirogane took out his phone and looked at the schedule of the train.

It is unknown why, but July was supposed to be one of the hottest and most humid times of year in japan, yet, the frigid atmosphere in the air kept reminding Shirogane of the climate in January.

'The weather forecast is starting to become unreliable...'

Shirogane looked at the small cloud that came up from his mouth. He eventually shook his head and resumed his walk.

'Forget it; I'll just bring a jacket tomorrow.'

Just before Shirogane crosses the gate, he suddenly pauses on his track. For better or worse, Shirogane noticed something amiss outside the gate.

The air was filled with a strange wafting stench. And the surrounding was disturbingly silent; there was no sign of the patrolling guard or anything.

Shirogane even felt like he was having a delusion. Because as time passes, the more curious and vivid the stench lingering in the air becomes. Shirogane felt like the stench was familiar, but he couldn't pinpoint it, no matter what.

He also noticed that the lamppost was creepily flickering amidst the silence, further dimming the overall visibility of the area.

Seeing this scene, Shirogane subconsciously took a step back; as if feeling something ominous from the dark. He took his first step back, second, until... bumping into something behind him.

Shirogane felt like his heart dropped to his stomach; The strange stench in the air, he finally realized why he was familiar with it.

'... Don't tell me. No, it can't be... if it's so, then how could it even move!?'

The smell of decaying flesh with a hint of fruity undertone, the firm yet stiff contact after bumping into something behind him. Shirogane couldn't help but remember a specific riddle from a newspaper.

'The ultimate form at the end of the spectrum. It is the twilight of all humanity, one that moves and another that doesn't. The wise deemed me mortal yet undying, but the subject says otherwise. What am I?'

"... A corpse," Shirogane subconsciously muttered. 

Soon, the already frigid atmosphere plummeted even further. 

Realizing his blunder, Shirogane gritted his teeth, clenched his fist, and decisively ran outside the gate. 


Atop the lampost, I watched the contact between Shirogane and the invader. Although I was a bit surprised that Shirogane paused just before the ideal spot for the invader, what truly puzzled me was what was behind Shirogane earlier?

... There's also the inexplicable fog that appeared out of nowhere. Thanks to that, the already low visibility went to the point where you couldn't see anything in front of you. If not for the terrifying precision of Star Platinum, I might've lost Shirogane's track amidst the fog.

Well, I can tell that things have started to get out of hand. Not to the point of irreversible, but things have indeed become troublesome.

"Alice, do you know that thing behind Shirogane earlier?" I tapped on the wireless earphone connected to the book.

"Uhm, I-I don't know..." (Alice)

"Not a thing?" 

"W-wait, I'll get the encyclopedia." After Alice responded, I could hear the sound of rummaging.

I patiently waited while jumping from one lamppost to another, following Shirogane closely to avoid aggravating the situation. Who knows? Something in the fog might take him away or whatnot.

Thankfully it didn't take long to get some good news.

"I found it!" Alice's excited voice resounded along with the rustling sound of turning pages.

"Err... Listen well, Ren. Apparently, that thing following our candidate was a native of the world. It's just that... although it's not uncommon, that is exclusively for the higher worlds. But for a graduation test... it is a bit..." (Alice)

Hearing Alice baffled tone, I'm starting to have a vague suspicion regarding the so-called Graduation exam. Regardless, I decided to leave it for later and focused on the main problem. 

"We'll deal with that later. I want to confirm something first, that thing... Can I have a round with it?" The other side of the line suddenly fell into silence.

"I-it should be? After all, it was included in the provision. 'Once the natives maliciously obstructed the enactment of dealing with the invaders, the corresponding related individuals on the said situation may deal with it in any way they deemed appropriate,' it says." (Alice)

"I see..."

Deal with the situation in any way you deem appropriate, huh. It looks like these people who created the provision aren't a bunch of unreasonable folks.

'If so...'

The corners of my lips gradually arched. I guess there's no need to hold back anymore.

It just happened that after following Shirogane for a while, the thing attached behind was starting to squirm like a worm. Its limbs began to twist, and its intestines immediately latched itself to Shirogane, which tripped Shirogane and bonded his wrist and legs.

I could almost hear the despair and terror in Shirogane's heart with his current appearance. His legs and wrist were tied, his nose and forehead were bleeding after colliding with the floor, and his expression was filled with undulated dread. His entire body was trembling before the sheer pressure of death and fright.

Regardless, I could see a stubborn and desperate will behind his eyes. It's interesting. Because I can tell that; before he falls, he would at least gnaw a flesh from it. It might not hurt it, but for Shirogane, it is his way of showing his resolve.

I tugged my ornamented cap, jumped from the lamppost, and slowly yet firmly advanced towards the 'corpse.'

"... Star Platinum!!"

Took a bit of time to do since I'm too lazy lmao. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy it~

8