2-1 First day of school
16 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Six months have passed since Philip lost consciousness. When his father found him unconscious in bed and unable to wake up, he immediately took him to the hospital. Unfortunately, nothing was detected in him. Richard and Luke tried to examine him on their own, but found nothing either. It seemed that he was simply sleeping. So they had to wait with the hope that he would wake up on his own. The only thing they could do now was to continue with their plans.

The second half of August has arrived, the day Luke's first school year at a private school for exceptionally talented children officially begins. Richard and Philip were not to start theirs traditionally, until early September. Both at different schools, and on the condition that Philip would be awake by then.

The speeches by the principal and a few others had just ended, which Luke of course completely ignored, and the children dispersed to their classrooms.

He probably wouldn't even admit it to himself, but Luke wanted to find himself here and maybe even find friends. After all, he treated Philip and Richard more like co-workers, and those annoying ones at that.

His class was small as is common in this type of school, consisting of just ten people. Five boys and five girls. Each with an IQ above one hundred and thirty.

For most, this was truly impressive, but Luke in his previous life had been among much smarter children. Although the conditions of his upbringing were harsh and he was never really allowed to make friends with anyone.

Anyway, he hopes that this time will be different. He would most prefer to go to a normal public school, but he also didn't want to disappoint his parents. Besides, the school's location practically in the center of the city allowed him to send his clone in any direction without hindrance.

Everyone introduced themselves to each other, which Luke noted in the back of his mind when it came to him.

"Hi. I'm Luke Cooper, my sixth birthday is in November. What I like most is solving complicated puzzles and spending time with my parents." He tried to present himself as best he could.

"Hi Luke!" Everyone exclaimed in unison.

"WOW! You are so high though, how tall are you?" Asked one of the girls. Luke noted that her name was Marie.

"One meter forty." He replied. He had grown a few centimeters over the past months of training.

The girls began complimenting Luke, not only for his height, but also for his good looks. For that day, his mother did wonders in bringing his overlong, greasy hair into shape, pulling it back and tying it into a small tail. In addition, his school uniform matched him perfectly with a gray jacket with black trims and a gold school emblem as well as dark pants. Even his slightly stooped posture and blackened eyes couldn't prevent it. Some things you just can't get rid of.

"Momma's boy." Of course, the boys immediately became jealous and whispered insults under their breath.

Luke felt somehow uncomfortable by all the attention. This was a new thing.

"Please be quiet! Now that you know each other I have some announcements to make." The class quickly fell silent at the voice with the British accent of their new teacher and educator. A serious middle-aged man with slightly graying hair, dressed in a suit. Sir Owen Howard.

"First of all, I would like to welcome you once again to the thresholds of this noble establishment. You will spend the next five years of your lives here. I hope you will get along with each other. The school severely punishes any misconduct. All classes start at 7:00 AM and end at 3:30 PM. Lessons in the first grade are divided into four hours of general classes and four hours of individual classes, specially selected..."

The announcements took a good fifteen minutes. All that Luke already knew anyway. The most important thing for him was the individual classes in which he could choose for himself what he would be taught. Although he has already lived one life and is very intelligent, it's not like he knows everything. To begin with, he chose fencing classes, which for some reason were very popular and he needed in order not to completely neglect his training, and computer science, where more knowledge would come in handy for his various plans. The rest didn't interest him.

After that, the first classes began. They immediately started in full swing. Something about lost time can never be recovered.

Apparently, all general classes were taught by their tutor. Only the individual ones have different teachers.

He was already planning that the first four hours could be taken over by a clone. Finally it was time for the first break. They could stay in class or go out to the specially equipped patio.

Luke decided to stay and eat his second breakfast. Everyone had separate desks with a drawer for a laptop and a few other tools. The classroom itself was filled with all kinds of teaching aids and electronic equipment. It wasn't for nothing that this was the best and most expensive school in the city, where one person out of several hundred applicants was admitted.

"Hi." One of the boys approached him. "Let me introduce myself again: David Harrison William Roman Swanson. My parents own and run the Swanson Corporation."

Well, yes, a kid from a rich home, raised to always seek contacts and benefits, and preferring to find trouble. It's better to be nice to him, such people can be remarkably limited.

"Hi. Luke Cooper. Nice to meet you."

"What do your parents do?"

Extraordinarily limited.

"Nothing much. My mom is a chemist at a pharmaceutical company, and my dad is an aerospace engineer."

"Oh. And the distant family? Surely you have someone significant in your family?"

Be nice Luke! Get your hormones under control!

"No, as far as I know, distant family is nothing special either."

"Then you must be really talented, if you managed to get here."

Man fuck off!

"I was lucky, last place on the list." He didn't want to stand out too much.

"It's like this. I understand, finally people are limited by genes, it's not your fault that you have losers for a par..."

Thump!

That's how Luke was suspended on the very first day of school.

I think that since this volume, I have improved the quality of writing a little. I'm still implementing myself. Comment if you liked it!
PS. Yes I know that in America they use feet and other body parts, but my story takes place in a parallel reality where Americans have come to their senses and use normal measurements.

2