2-4 Problems in the afterlife I
31 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I've had enough, I'm leaving!" Shouted the older man, throwing the newly forged sword to the ground.

Chinami only waved her hand. Another hopeless case. After all, she didn't expect much from the people of this world, but she had a remnant of hope that she would find at least a somewhat talented blacksmith here, with this she could already achieve something. However, nothing of the sort. She had already lost count of how many of them had left recently.

"I don't quite understand what you want to achieve?" Her father asked.

"It's just my little idea, nothing big, but they all don't have an ounce of talent."

"They were the most talented craftsmen in the whole world. Their products sell for hundreds of thousands."

"It just means that buyers don't know what real talent is."

"Sometimes I think you're too smart for your age."

"Of course, I'm your daughter at last!"

At these words, Yoshitora smiled and took her in his arms, tossing her up.

"Aaa! Stop it! I'm not a child."

"Hahaha. You're only five years old, of course you are. My most beloved little girl."

Chinami could only roll her eyes. She was still amazed at how wonderful her new family was. She didn't want to lie to them, but she didn't really have much choice. After all, who would believe her that she was the reincarnation of a past two-thousand-year-old murderess who had recently worked as a replacement for the God of this world.

Being honest with herself, she had to admit that she could actually prove it all, but she didn't want to. She might have to reveal the truth someday, but right now she wants to spend as much time as possible with her family without all these worries.

So for now, she giggled as her father spun around with her around him.

When she finally managed to break free, she ran off.

"My lessons are about to start. I'll see you later!"

"Have fun!"

Chinami didn't go to school. She wasn't interested in getting to know other children. She was too old for that. As a result, she convinced her parents to hire private teachers for her. For Rokuko's family, this was a small thing.

At first she wasn't interested in lessons either. After all, they were things she either knew or didn't need for any reason. That changed, though, for two reasons. First, as the heir to the Rokuko group, she had to be highly erudite. Nevertheless, she didn't want to disappoint her parents. Second, she could use this knowledge to create a better Soul Society than the one she lived in before. Maybe by doing so she could prevent the tragedies she suffered in her last existence.

First of all, she had to start training new Shinigami. Admittedly, it would still be a long time before the first Hollows appeared, but it would undoubtedly happen. The balance she had created simply demanded it. Light cannot exist without darkness, just as darkness cannot exist without light. The chain of fate that binds souls to bodies will corrode in some cases. She must prepare for that. Until she finds a suitable blacksmith, here or in the Soul Society, the Shinigami will be forced to deal without Zanpakuto. In temporarily, she is left to teach Kidō, although she was not the best at it she certainly remained at the top. Other things remained to be rediscovered.

As she walked along pondering like this, she was stopped by a voice coming from the TV. "...this is another confirmed case of a pregnant woman in more than ten months. The phenomenon is appearing all over the world, and doctors are helpless. No one wants to intervene until the lives of mother and child seem safe. The longest pregnancy has lasted for more than twelve months. We are connecting now..."

Twelve months? If you subtract nine months of normal pregnancy time, it started when I stopped the souls from reincarnating. Thought Chinami running to her room. I currently possess too little of the Shard's power to fix this, but something must be done about it as soon as possible.

I don't have time for lessons now, I'll come up with an excuse later. With this thought, she transferred to the Soul Society.

...

More souls appeared in front of me. For the last brawl, the Commander sent me here to give a welcome to the newcomers. What an agony, it wasn't even me who started it!

This time it was some skinny old man with tanned skin and big eyes with pointed pupils. He had remnants of graying hair tied up in a bun and a thin beard with a mustache shaved down the middle.

Standing next to him is an ox? This is the first animal I see here, they also go to the Soul Society? And why the hell does he have three eyes.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked.

"My name is Tōtōsai, draw your sword, er... who are you?"

"You can call me Kenpachi. For some reason the Commander started calling me that. Sounds pretty good, no? Wahaha!"

"What is this place?"

"Soul Society. You died old man."

"No no no, it's a mistake!"

"Listen, I know it's difficult..." When I was about to explain the whole situation for the next time, a butterfly flew up to me with a message. The Commander wants to see me. Finally! I was already heartily sick of it!

"I have to go, someone will take care of you soon, don't leave this place!" I shouted, quickly running away. The old man was still mumbling something there, but I preferred to hurry, in case the Commander changed her mind.

By the way, this is really interesting. In our world, snails were used for communication. Here there are butterflies. I wonder if they use frogs somewhere?

Wahaha!

...

"Where am I? I thought I was back in my body..." Philip mumbled to himself, wandering through the forest.

He appeared here some time ago. He kept sensing a thread of Chakra connecting him to his body, but couldn't locate it.

Probably a side effect of Edo Tensei, he thought. My soul was forcibly torn from my living body, something the creator of the technique never anticipated, so I was sent back to the Pure Land, despite the existence of some kind of connection. I must find a way to return, but what can I do without being able to use chakra here?

Suddenly he spotted an old man in the distance who was riding toward him, sitting on what appeared to be a three-eyed ox.

"Excuse me! I think I'm lost, what is this place?" Philip decided to ask.

"Soul Society. You died kid! Hahaha!" He replied, then started laughing like it was a great joke.

Crazy?

"Actually, it's not quite like that. My soul left my body, but it's still alive, I just need to find a way to return." He tried to explain the situation, ignoring the retching.

Which only intensified the old man's laughter until he finally flew to the ground.

"That makes two of us. Hahaha!" He mouthed, still giggling.

"What does that mean?"

"Come with me, I think I know what you are missing."

"What?"

"A sword!"

...

Chinami called a meeting with a dozen people she had previously selected as likely disciples for Shinigami. Each was characterized by what she could call Power. It was not, however, an emanation of Reiatsu. Rather, it was something else that she couldn't quite define. The only thing she was sure of was that each of them had the talent to become truly powerful. At the very thought of this, her old instincts were awakened and her blood began to boil.

Now is not the time for that. She admonished herself. It will still be a long time before they at least begin to approach my level. I will certainly train them properly, but first the problem must be dealt with.

"I called you because I have a mission for everyone. Some problems have arisen in the world of the living that need special attention. I can't take care of everything myself, so I want to send you there. Think of it as a test. There will be no place here for those who fail." She began her speech.

"What should we do?" Kenpachi asked.

Chinami still could not believe in the existence of this monster. Probably as a mortal, he could match or even surpass her former self. Although death had weakened him, greatness still emanated from him. She couldn't wait to see his full strength. She also immediately decided to call him the first Kenpachi, no doubt he deserved the title of strongest Shinigami.

"I will send each of you to a different place where you will meet the souls attached to their mothers' wombs. The establishment of the new Soul Society disrupted their birth, so you will perform a reversed passage ritual on them so they can be born properly. Unfortunately, a long time has passed and some may have been warped. In that case, you should eliminate them. You have already gone through basic training, so this should not be a challenge for you. Understood?!"

No one made an issue of it. They knew they couldn't argue, she properly drilled them into discipline.

Using the power of the Shard, she created a passageway for them. For now, it was the only way to get through to the world of the living.

There was so much left to do. It would be useful...

Her thoughts were interrupted by a light that flashed somewhere in the distance.

Asauchi?!

I apologize for the recent lack of chapters, but I got sick and didn't have the strength to write. I hope another one will appear on Monday, but I don't promise anything because I'm still going to work despite my illness xD
The chapter itself was supposed to be longer, but for the reasons mentioned above, I have to split it in half. I hope you will enjoy it. Let me know what you think. The quality may be a little worse than usual, sorry for that.

3