Chapter 1- New Job!
2.8k 6 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"If you want this job then don't dare to lift your gaze and look into the young lady's eyes. Got it ? "

As the mature-looking woman who I came to know named Minami-san warned, I nodded with a reply as I continued following her.

"Understood."

The palace was big enough to make me wonder whether I have been living in the same country or not until now.

Well, the district I live in is far away from here and I only dared to visit such a high-end place for this butler job which I miraculously got selected from a count of 100 people.

I don't know how and what were their recruitment criteria but strangely, amongst the crowd of professional-looking adults, I, a high schooler got selected.

The interviewers gave me a green flag in which Minami-san was also included. The final tick was to be done by the lady I would be serving if I get this job.

Currently, I am going to meet that Young Lady to try the last of my luck. Thankfully I at least used the last face pack I had in store to look good and wore the only presentable three-piece suit I have in my cupboard.

'Ah, she's fast… '

Due to my inner banter, I nearly lost her trail and got lost midway. This place was seriously huge enough to scare me.

There were some elegant-looking handsome men and gorgeous women, wearing typical butler and maid uniforms while performing their respective tasks. Seeing the disdain and loathing in their eyes upon witnessing me, diminished my self-confidence.

But I can't back away at this point or say I don't have any option.

I have only 20k Yen remaining in my account which would not even fulfill a month's school tuition fee and my rent. Not to talk about electricity, food, and other stuff.

I might get a job in a convenience store but the pay is way lower than this job was offering. More precisely, the average convenience store could only offer 1% of what these guys are offering.

I can't even count how many debts and favors I could return with just one month's payment. Many of my and my parents' loads would wear off.

'I have to get this job anyhow… !'

Clenching my fist in resolve, I fastened my pace and followed Minami-san to the first floor where she suddenly halted in front of the door just opposite to staircase.

It was a big door, with western designs carved on it. This door was exquisite enough to let me know who might be on the other side.

Minami-san knocked on the door twice before she pushed it steadily.

I gulped in nervousness as the dim light from the other side inserted into my vision. Minami-san after parting the door went inside before turning in my direction.

Taking the hint I also walked in with wobbly steps but fortunately, I didn't let myself fall and finally reached my destination.

The room was reeking with a strong smell of coffee and something else which I quite didn't identify.

My head was leaned down from the start and the only thing I was able to see was a pair of healthy legs pressed against each other. The woman who seemingly would be the young lady, was now some meters away from me.

Minami-san was no longer around me which I could sense, while standing there with my hand crossed in front.

I have been taught by Minami-san to not even greet the young lady and only speak when she allows or asks me something.

"Hmm~amusing. Indeed amusing~ You did a great job Minami-san~."

I heard a very seductive tone belonging to a girl who might be older than me. From mere voice, I could somehow discern that the Young Lady is a beauty in all rights.

I felt that her voice other than praise contained something I have been used to.

Abhor.

Maybe I was thinking a lot these days but for some reason, I felt some shiver down my spine when I heard the voice. Or was it something else?

'Why it feels I have heard this person before… '

Before I could dwell in my memory and dig out who this person resembled, the pair of naked feet suddenly stood straight as a long black nightdress dropped down her knees.

Those feet belonging to someone I couldn't dare to offend, approached as I felt nervousness making my blood dry up.

But contrary to my expectation, she didn't say anything or left the room which I thought might be the case after seeing my condition. Rather she put her slim and sculptured finger under my chin before forcing my head to look in her direction.

I followed what she wished but soon I regretted it.

The face which came in front of my vision made me realize that the modern-day Young Lady of such a prominent house looks familiar.

Those red eyes. That small mole on her chin. That charming face. And that dangerous smile.

Yes, I can't be wrong. She is definitely the person whom I owe something up to this date and whom I could never forget even though it's been so many years since that day.

My ex-classmate and first love.

Akira Takahashi.

"We meet again, Ha~ru~kun~...

__________________

A/N: - I changed MC's name since the previous one was on a whim. Anyway, this story is more on the darker side with some depressing past but not r*pe and other shit. Just bullying and stuff.

Drop a comment~

51