Chapter 65- Reunion…
311 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Akira's POV: ]

The expression Haru-kun had upon hearing about his parents was complicated for even me to understand. Someone who knows him the best and has observed him so closely, I was also at a loss at how Haru-kun was feeling at the moment.

He told me to send them inside his room and instructed me to take some sleep which now I surely would since my priority lay in seeing my Haru-kun waking up alive and fine.

The moment he called my name and held my hand, I knew that everything was good now.

All I wanted was to have Haru-kun by my side and that varmint Kazuko dared harm my Haru-kun?!

Simply unforgivable.

I didn't tell Haru-kun how that bastard ended up in the private prison I have prepared just for that guy since my innocent Haru-kun might have gotten disgusted by me.

Those screams of agony and how that pest was begging me to kill him were so...thrilling that I went slightly overboard. Nevertheless, the consequences of trying to harm my Haru-kun were anything but less than what I inflicted.

My father supported me all along since he already understood where my happiness resides and who could make me feel the most fulfilled. He has promised me that once I graduate from the school he will arrange the engagement ceremony.

That was the primary reason why I decided to call Haru-kun's parents in the first place since it was both my uncle's and father's wish that if their in-laws were alive then they should also be a part of the ceremony.

I didn't protest much since in the end, I was getting together with the person for whom I have only yearned.

'Hehe~our surname would finally be the same...can't wait~'

*****

[Haruto's POV: ]

This certainly feels strange.

Akira has left my side and informed me something that has exhausted all my previous sleepiness at once.

It has been over two years since I was abandoned by my parents, my only family because of their financial circumstances.

All I knew was that some massive loss my father had to face before his company was sealed and handed over to the bank. In fear of being caught by the debtors, he took my mother with him and left me behind.

I have been paying the debt monthly through various jobs until now and thanks to the heavy amount of wages I have been receiving after serving as a servant I was able to pay a huge portion.

I have no idea why they suddenly decided to come back when there was still a certain amount left to pay but since they were already standing outside of the room, I couldn't have told Akira to send them back, can I?

A nurse opened the door for the visitors before two familiar faces walked in.

They looked the same as usual, maybe because the foreign air suited them.

They thanked the nurse before walking side by side in my direction.

My heart was painfully beating at the moment to the point where it was getting difficult to maintain my unchanging expression.

Regardless, I stabilized my emotions as I saw the expressions on my parents' faces changing drastically as soon as their eyes landed on me.

"Haruto..."

My mother didn't wait before she dashed in my direction. I didn't resist her hug to not insult her and also...it was true that I missed this warmth too badly.

"Haruto... Haruto...my child..I-I am so sorry..."Mom's choked voice reached up to me since she was wailing as she spoke. She was hugging me with strength like any moment of separation would make me vanish from her sight.

I looked at my father and saw that despite the fact that he remained silent until the moment, he still had moisture built up in his eyes. For my mom to cry was not extremely surprising but it was different for the man who didn't even shed a tear after losing all his lifetime worth of fortune just in one night.

I had complicated emotions about all this sudden reunion.

A side of mine wanted to blame my parents who abandoned me like I was a used rag and left me all alone to deal with their problems. Wanted to question them, why were they getting all emotional now when I walked through such a hard phase of my life? If they cared about me then why did they return exactly now when I have already fixed my life somehow? All these questions have been continuously revolving in a corner of my mind since the time Akira told me about their arrival.

But the dominating side of my mind just wanted to relinquish this warmth and cry aloud all my grief right now. All those days I spent in the single-room apartment while feeding on just noodles and sometimes only bread, I often thought about my parents and how they would have been.

So of course it was given that my heart warmed up after being surrounded by the familiar person whom I have regarded as my guardian until two years ago.

In the end, I gave in.

"I missed you... " Encircling my arm around my mother's back I whispered in a soft voice before the tears I have been holding until now, started pouring down my cheeks.

No one spoke anything else before the nurse warned my parents to not strain my injuries too much, to which my mother vigorously nodded and loosened her hug.

"You have grown a lot, Haruto... " My mother said as she gazed at every inch and corner of my face with tears still daring to spill any moment.

"But you both look the same," I said with a smile.

Mom took the tissue paper from the table beside my bed before she helped me wipe my nose when suddenly I heard Dad's voice for the first time after so long.

"Haru...we are sorry-" Before he could have said anything further I interjected.

"No, Dad. Please don't. I can't accept your apology since I never held you responsible. I did go through many hardships yet somehow I never blamed you both for whatever happened to me. So please, don't apologize. "

It was true that I never blamed or thought badly about my parents all these times since everything I went through seemed like a phase of my life that came for the greater good. That phase transformed me and made me the person I was right now.

I might not be great but I still hold some confidence in my current self, since I was chosen by such a wonderful girl, after all.

Of course, there were times I badly felt their need but to tell them that would only elevate their guilt. There are things better left unsaid.

It seemed Dad wanted to say anything further but in the end, he sighed with a soft smile before ruffling my hair just like he used to do in the past.

"You sure have grown up to talk like a mature guy. Is it because of that girl? "

I blinked and found myself going speechless since it was too embarrassing talking to my dad related to things about my relationship.

But in the end, I have already decided to marry Akira so definitely I would introduce her to my parents soon.

"Well, actually... "

I changed things and two about what happened between me and Akira after we met a month ago as my parents eagerly heard everything.

It has been a long time since we conversed like this, I also got teased a lot by them. Feeling this familiar yet long-forgotten atmosphere made my heart feel lighter somehow.

And all this was because of a single person.

'I don't know how I would ever be able to repay you, Akira... '

*****

A/N: - Just tie yourself up with a red ribbon and present yourself to the lioness. She would have her favor repaid in her own way.

Got a nice idea for R-18.

Drop a comment~

4