The Reunion of Phantom Gloom
719 11 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Reunion of Phantom Gloom


After reconciling with Haruka, we met in what I referred to as the meeting room.

I sat at the round table beside Vasati and Rina on each side. The first thing we needed to decide was what our next target was. Since Vasati and I had both turned fourteen, King Azziros will likely want us to attend the Grand Vertus Academy.

“Haruka you are well informed on the goal of Phantom Gloom, right?” I asked her to confirm that she understood our intentions.

“The downfall of humanity, right?”

“Exactly. With you being a human, I would understand your reasons to disagree with it.”

“Eira. Would I have done all of this if I had a lingering attachment to humans?”Haruka motioned to the countless boys and girls who were standing around us as we spoke.

“That is a very good point. In that case, we will look for our next target.”

"Wait just a moment, Eira," Rina interjected abruptly.

“What’s up, Rina?” The surprise on my face was visible as I spoke. Rina rarely had much to say when we constructed our plans for Phantom Gloom.

“The Fame of Phantom Gloom has grown immensely over the past 5 years you two have been gone. There are numerous wanted photos of You, Vasati, and me all over Othal.”1Othal is the name of the Country governed by Humans. Rina's announcement appeared to stun even Haruka and Claire.

“Those wanted pictures all include our faces covered by masks, right?” This was the most important thing to know. If our faces had been featured in any of those wanted pictures, we would have a huge problem.

“They are, however, if we showed ourselves in any city inside of Othal, they would find us instantly. The Kingdom of Othal has us ranked as S-Rank criminals.” Rina’s announcement forced all of us into silence. Being an S-Rank criminal means we would be executed without trial if any of us were ever caught inside any human-run city.

“We simply cannot operate the organization the same way we have in the past. We have the backing of the King, but unless he declares war against the humans, we don’t have a safe space to be outside of Demonshire.”

Rina’s explanation made plenty of sense. With wanted pictures of us all over the humans' capitals it would be very hard for us to attack any city in Othal.

“That is very much a problem then. In that case, I will suggest that we lay low and increase the training of these new members.” Following my suggestion, I directed my gaze towards the hundred new members.

“They have been trained very well, Eira.” Haruka’s reply caught me off guard a little bit because I had been trying to sense any magic power coming off of them, but I couldn’t.

“So, it was you who taught them how to conceal their magic power.” For a moment, my statement seemed to catch Haruka off guard, but she quickly composed herself, flashing a smug smirk.

“You bet.”

“Fine then. I’ll test them to see how far they have come.” I smiled and abruptly rose from the table.

“Eira~ I don’t think this is a good idea.” Vasati grabbed my forearm as I stood up from the table.

“I’m not going to destroy the place. I know how to hold back.” I clenched my fist, feeling the phantom tension of nonexistent muscles rippling in my forearm.

 “Yeah…” Vasati's smile was warm, yet beneath its surface, a subtle hint of doubt flickered in her expression.

“Are you doubting me?”

“Absolutely not.”

“You’re lying.”

“I would never.”

“You are right now.”

“I’m not.”

“You are.”

“No, I’m not.”

“Yes, you are.”

As Vasati and I continued to bicker between ourselves Claire interrupted the two of us with a compromise.

“Excuse me Princesses, but we created a designated training facility inside of this place.”

“” Oh really.”” Vasati's eyes seemed to perk up as she answered at the same time as me.

“Yes, follow me.”

Claire stood from the table and walked to the wall behind where we were sitting and touched a tile on the brick-covered wall. This wall opened up and revealed a huge room covered by what looked like a dome and an immense amount of Mana.

Vasati and I quickly ran into the room, followed by everyone else and I was stunned by the design. It was a completely clear dome that could fit hundreds of people inside. The dome was created with Monaphire, a see-through material that was as hard as a diamond.

This place was also covered with a powerful magic barrier. While I was experienced in some types of barrier magic I had never seen a type of barrier magic that was this powerful before.

“Haruka this was your work, right?” My question was based on the factor that only the ex-Hero could have the amount of Mana necessary to keep a barrier this strong up continuously.

“Yeah, I assisted in the creation of it.” Haruka’s answer created more questions in my mind. Assisted in the creation of it? Who else has enough magic power aside from Vasati and me to help create it?

“I also helped.” A young foxkin girl, who was covered in a black robe walked forward. Her slender form was partially concealed beneath the familiar violet-colored cloak that we all dressed in.

While I couldn’t see her face behind the mask, I would guess she was around me and Vasati’s age.

“This girl's name is Mira.” As Haruka introduced her, she slightly bowed and smiled.

“You can take off your mask Mira.” Following Haruka's request, Mira gracefully complied, lifting her mask to unveil her striking features. Her porcelain complexion glowed, accentuating her dark blue eyes, which seemed to sparkle with endless magic power. Her long lustrous blue hair added to the ethereal beauty that radiated from her presence.

“Stop staring at her Eira,” Vasati whispered in my ear.

“What! I’m not staring!” As I shouted in defiance, Mira broke into laughter at the sight of our bickering.

“You two make a great couple.” Her warm smile was genuine even though she had been laughing at the two of us.

"Absolutely! She's my future wife, after all," Vasati boasted smugly.

“Wow, Congratulations!” Mira began to clap in applause.

“Vasati. We're supposed to wait until your father announces it.” I exhaled a soft sigh of annoyance.

“It’s not a big deal.” She pouted.

“If you say so.”

I paused before casting my gaze back on the center of the dome. Which had what looked like an altar at the center of it.

“What’s that?” I asked as I began to walk in the direction of it.

“That is our state of the arc new technology,” Rina announced proudly as she followed me to object.

“This is Albatross. The first relic to be able to copy other realities.”

Will Eira Use Albatross to return home?
  • Yes Votes: 13 26.0%
  • No Votes: 37 74.0%
Total voters: 50
30