A New Challenger
570 12 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 A New Challenger


CW:

There is a little bit of Homophobia in this chapter. Just figured that I should let you all know. I hope to see all of you soon for the next chapter!

After Vasati and I left the slums to return to Flandre, we were greeted by a letter on the door of our abandoned old dorm.

“First Princess Vasati le Demonshire and Princess Eira de Bethencourt, you have been summoned to the Royal capital of Demonshire for an audience with King Azziros. Immediately.”

As I read the notice aloud to Vasati, she let out a huge sigh.

“I’m sure you were expecting this as well Eira.”

“I was not personally expecting for him to order us to come the moment we got back.” I let out a small chuckle as I answered her.

“That is my dad for you. Always ordering her daughter around.” She shrugged and started making her way toward the dorm exit.

“No rest for the weary I suppose,” I remarked, trailing behind her toward the exit.

“Well, he is going to be your father too eventually,” Vasati smirked as she casually draped her arm around my neck.

“Wait, shouldn’t we be more dressed up for an audience with King Azziros?”

“If you want to, then go ahead,” Vasati answered plainly.

“Well, it’s not that I want to it’s just more that I figure that is what is expected.”

“Then don’t do it. My father does not care for all of those formalities. He will be much more interested in how much stronger we have gotten anyways.”

While I did believe Vasati’s claim to be true, the last thing I want is for the royal council which is already against two girls getting married to complain about what I was wearing.

‘Politics are hard’ I let out a small breath of annoyance.


We reached the royal capital of Demonshire instantaneously thanks to the advanced teleportation that Vasati and I had both learned while we were away for those long five years.

I opted for the silky white dress that had been a gift from my parents two years ago. Its delicate fabric cascaded gently, enchanted by wind magic, and adorned with intricate lace patterns that whispered of timeless elegance. The intention was for me to wear it to my 13th birthday party, but I missed it, so my parents sent it to me through the mail and I received it from Farru.

“Eira that dress looks really pretty on you” Vasati's compliment sent a flutter through me, momentarily causing me to blush, but I quickly broke into a warm smile.

“Thank you, Vasati. Your skirt is also pretty cute.”

While Vasati wasn’t exactly dressed as a princess should be, she still appeared elegant to my eyes. She adorned herself in a flowing, silky white long-sleeved shirt, its fabric draping elegantly over her frame. Paired with it was a lengthy pink skirt, which seemed to twinkle with light in contrast to her usual dark-colored clothing.

“Thanks!” Vasati reached for my hand with a gentle yet confident grasp, intertwining her fingers with mine.

“Are you ready?”

“Yeah.”

“Great."

As the Vasati pushed open the door in front of us, we were greeted by a massive hall filled with people. The council was present and could be seen lined up on both sides of the massive red carpet nearest to the throne of the King.

In the front of the room, hundreds of nobles seemed to have been waiting for our arrival. Among the bunch, I was able to quickly identify my parents among the crowd who waved in our direction.

I waved back with my free hand, but countless glares seemed to be thrown in the direction of Vasati and I.

“First Princess Vasati le Demonshire and Princess Eira de Bethencourt please come forward.”

A royal order from what looked like to be the King’s advisor was announced loudly to everyone inside the room. Vasati and I walked forward until we reached the throne of the king.

“Everyone bow before the great King Azziros of Demonshire!”

Everyone inside the room followed the order and bowed. Vasati and I hung our heads down until we received an order allowing us to stop.

Once we raised our heads King Azziros was observing us with a serious stare. I felt my heart stop for a moment. As he opened his mouth I almost flinched, but Vasati’s grip on my hand tightened and she gave me a warm smile.

“Princess Eira de Bethencourt of the great Vampire tribe, and my daughter Vasati…”

As Azziros addressed the two of us all I could do was stand there and wait for his next announcement.

“I have gathered all of the Nobles of Demonshire to announce your engagement.”

“What.”

I couldn’t stop myself from letting out a quick remark in surprise, but in moments the entire room erupted with loud murmuring.

“An engagement between two women?”

“Is something like that even allowed?”

“Why would the King allow this?”

As Vasati and I overheard everything I felt the dark aura of Azziros overflow the room. Everyone who dared to speak before grew silent in the presence of the sinister mana.

Five years ago, this level of mana would’ve forced me to kneel as many of the nobles did in the presence of that power, but I was able to continue to stand despite the sheer power that Azziros was displaying.

“These two girls have gone above and beyond. They reached a level of power that most of you couldn’t even dream of. My daughter is the first in line to the throne and will rule over all of you in the future. You will treat both of them with respect!”

His declaration echoed across the room, and no one dared to speak after him. Until an older black-haired boy stood and from the crowd and walked over to where Vasati and I stood.

His face resembled Vasati’s pretty well and his eyes held the same darkness that I had grown to love from her.

“Father! I cannot accept this!”

His sudden announcement seemed to even shock King Azziros.

‘Is this... Vasati’s brother?’

While I was aware Vasati had siblings since she was the Princess of a royal family, she never talked about them to me.

“Cerulle… I told you not to come here.” Azziros covered his face with his palm in what seemed to be annoyance.

“Father! You promised me you would let me marry Eira!”

His statement threw the room into a sudden bit of chaos. Everyone began to talk amongst themselves and what seemed like a happy meeting was now a nightmare.

“Cerulle, Eira does not wish to marry a man. She chose to marry Vasati.” Azziros tried to calmly explain it to him, but he refused to listen.

“No! I refuse to accept that! She’s probably just a little confused. Why would she want to marry my useless sister over someone like me?”

“Cerulle, mind your manners here-.” Before King Azziros could finish, I interjected.

“What did you say about Vasati?” My eyes glowed with a silver light, and I released my mana into the room.

I walked forward towards him until I stood directly in his face.

“I don’t even know who you are, but you want to badmouth my fiancé in front of me?”

Vasati turned to me in shock at my words, but she also walked forward and stood at my side and glared at him with one of the most intense gazes I had ever seen from her.

He laughed at my anger as he grabbed a strand of my hair and kissed it.

“Your words are so cruel, but that is what I love about you.”

Before I realized it, I smacked him and the impact rang around the room, to the shock of all who were present.

“Gross.” I grimaced as I whipped my hair across my shoulder.

Vasati seconded my gesture and stood in front of me.

“Cerulle, I will never hand Eira over to you.”

“Then I will take her away from you. By force.”

Moments after he spoke what felt like an earthquake occurred inside of the throne room. All members of the council seemed to shriek in fear as if they knew what was coming.

"Is this his magic?" I asked Vasati as pillars inside the throne room began to crack.

“Yes, this is-“Before Vasati could finish answering my question I felt the presence of the most powerful magic I had ever felt before.

“Dissolve.”

In a moment the powerful earthquake had vanished from the room, and I turned my head to see Azziros who was fuming with anger. His magic power was definitely worthy of being called the Demon Lord. No one could match that level of power.

“Cerulle, now that you have ruined this meeting with your nonsense… get out.” Azziros seemed to have to take a deep breath to stop himself from destroying the Throne room.

“Sorry father, but I can’t just sit by while this happens.” Cerulle turned to Vasati and stuck his hand out in front of her.

“Vasati le Demonshire, duel me. The winner will take Eira’s hand in marriage.”

Vasati will _____?
  • Wipe the floor with Cerulle Votes: 53 67.1%
  • Beat him, but not too badly Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Let Eira handle it Votes: 25 31.6%
Total voters: 79
26