Invitation
487 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Invitation


“This duel is over! The victor is Princess of the Vampire Tribe, Eira de Bethencourt!”

After forcing the hand of King Azziros, the battle between Cerulle and me was over. He was a powerful demon, but I was able to beat him without even using any of my blood magic.

The barrier quickly receded as I turned and jumped off the pillar and I flew up above the pillar to look for Vasati. She was sitting on the far-left side directly next to my parents. I swiftly glided over to her position.

“Eira!”

Vasati grappled me into a powerful hug and my mother patted my hair as she let Vasati continue to hug me.

When Vasati finally released me from her hold, my father was observing the two of us with a smile on his face.

“Eira, your mother and I understand that you are very capable of handling yourself, but we wish you wouldn’t put yourself in so much danger.”

“Father…” My voice trailed off in disbelief. This feeling was almost foreign to me.

“We will continue to support you, Eira, no matter how far away you are from us.”

My father, Einar, rarely ever seemed worried about something, so I was very surprised to see his face full of concern.

“Eira, Lord Azziros wants you and Vasati to enter the Grand Vertus academy.”

The words that were spoken didn’t shock me at all. This was what I had been preparing for years. The Grand Vertus Academy was an academy that was very much dominated by humans, but it was on central ground.

“I’m sure you have prepared for this for a while, Eira.”

“I have.”

“Well then, before you set off a week from now, come to the Bethencourt Main Branch.”

The Main Branch of the Bethencourt Clan is a very sacred place. While my father is chief of the Vampire Clan, the Main Branch house is a place that was only used for the sparse ceremonies.

“Father, are you sure?” The main branch is a place I have only been to once in my entire life. The occasion was my 5th birthday.

The reason is that is the day when you are supposed to learn about your magical affinities. I was very advanced in my knowledge. However, because I was reincarnated, I was able to discover my affinities much earlier… I think.

“Yes. With my daughter going across the continent, the only way I wouldn’t be worried is if I knew you were carrying around our heirloom.”

‘We have an heirloom?’

“Well, Father, I will meet you a week from now at the Main Branch.”

As I bowed my head slightly, I turned my head to my mother, who had tears welling up in her eyes. Even though the girl named Eira was the daughter of these two parents, I wasn’t. The emotion that they felt couldn’t be shared with me.

“Eira, hug your mother.”

My father’s sudden outburst was followed by a slight prod in my back from his hand. I shuttered with the thought that we were face-to-face with her for the first time in half a decade.

“Mother, I-“

Before I could finish my sentence, she enveloped me in her warm embrace. My mother and I had rarely shared this emotion since I was five.

After she released me, I backed slowly until I was beside Vasati again. She gave me a warm smile as I turned in view of her. Vasati quickly clasped my hand and intertwined my fingers with hers.

“Don’t worry about her, mom. I’ll take great care of her.”

Vasati’s sudden statement led to a slight flutter in my heart. She was pretty much bragging about our engagement in public.

“I’m sure you will, Vasati.”

My mother flashed a smirk in the direction of me as she spoke. I suppose that was her showing her acceptance of Vasati.

“We will be off then!”

After sending my goodbyes over to them, I turned around and began to walk to the edge of the pillar. Vasati walked over the edge while grabbing my hand and pulled me over the ledge with her.

I shouted in shock momentarily shock as my face was blasted with the chilly air towards the top of the atmosphere.

Vasati intertwined her fingers with mine as we continued to fall and I quickly cast my wind magic and we both hovered gently about 130 meters from the ground.

As we observed the Kingdom from the airborne view, the sun flashed a vivid color of violet for a moment.

This planet has two moons compared to the one I was used to on Earth. When our sun fully sets over the land, we have a brief moment when the moon passes over the sun and that is what creates the mystical glow.

“This is kind of like a date, right?”

Vasati’s sudden proposal broke me out of the trance I had been stuck in as I observed the view cloaked in violet.

“I-I mean, if you w-want it to be…”

My voice was barely over a whisper as I spoke, and Vasati leaned in until her nose touched mine. The moment the contact was made, my face began to heat up again.

“I love you Eira.”

Moments later, Vasati connected her lips with mine, and my eyes widened in surprise at her sudden action. I quickly returned her kiss on my own and we continued like that for minutes.

After we separated from each other, I stared into her cold black eyes and thought about what happened to Haruka in my past life. This time I couldn’t make that kind of mistake.

“Vasati, I’m going to protect you, so make sure you stay close to me.”

Vasati blushed for what looked like the first time and returned a smirk to me.

“As if you could.”

Vasati followed her words while releasing what felt like a new variant of her dark magic. The surrounding air seemed to pull me back to the ground as I lost control of my flight magic.

‘Ah, this is gravity magic.’

I tried to release my magic power to escape, but no matter how much mana I channeled, I couldn’t escape her magic. Moments before I would’ve hit the ground, I felt familiar warm arms grasp me bridal style.

When I looked up, I was face to face with Vasati again with her devious smile.

“I will be the one protecting you, Princess.”


I am so sorry about the wait for updates, but I was super busy and I felt like I needed a break for my mental health. We're going to get right back to where we were though. Also join the discord! https://discord.gg/FVy5YRuZ

23