The Soul of The Hero (Chapter 8.5)
1.8k 17 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Soul of The Hero (Chapter 8.5)

Ever since the battle at Warminster, I as the Hero have been forced to stay more vigilant on our borders. The Royal Warminster Palace is still being repaired from the attack. This has left the council very split on what to do. 

After learning what I did today, I realized that I was possibly wrong in my judgment of the terrorists. In a meeting the other day, the Duke of Warminster performed a damage report centered around the attack from a few weeks ago. 

“Damage Report: We are missing the captive Elvin Princess, all the captive demons, a substantial amount of damage to the Royal Palace and Commander Wiscard lost his life.”

The reveal of the captive Elvin Princess and Demons was something I was not aware of. “The whole time I just assumed that they were terrorists, but I was wrong. We are the Problem”.

“Hero-Sama are you alright?” A familiar peer of cold red eyes interrupted me from my thoughts. 

“Claire?” Claire was once again by my side by herself, as I had sent Ralf and Thorne away to help guard the North and South borders. 

“Hero-Sama you seem very tense. Is something stressing you?” I could never truly read Claire. She doesn't exactly show her emotions on her face, but it felt like this question was sincere, so I opened up to her about my worries. 

“I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm supposed to be fighting for humanity against a Tyrant demon lord, but It feels like we are the ones who are Tyrannical.” As I vented all of my thoughts out to Claire, I started to think about why I was even here. 

“Hero-Sama you are a good person. I've met a lot of nasty Humans, but you treat demons like people. You are not like the rest, I promise you.” Claire's words replaced the guilt and worry in my heart with determination.

“Thank you so much, Claire,” I said as I hugged her tightly. 

“Hero-Sama… is it OK for you to be hugging someone like me?” She whispered in my ear, her voice slightly quivering. 

“Haruka,” I replied, recalling the name I used to go by in my previous life.

“Excuse me, Hero-Sama?” Claire looked up at me, as she was about 10 cm shorter.

“Haruka is my real name. I want you to call me that.” I whispered into Claire's ear, causing her face to turn bright red.

“OK, Ha-ru-ka…” I watched Claire fumble the pronunciation a few times, which made me start to laugh. 

"Haruka." She finally pronounced the word right and it caused both of us to blush and I turned away from her. 

"What is your plan now, Hero-Sa- Haruka" She corrected herself before finishing her thought. 

"It's very simple." I unsheathed my sword and slashed the magic sealing chains off of Claire's wrists. 

"I'm gonna do what my heart tells me to do."

"Yukito I miss you a lot. I promise I'll make you proud of me in this life!" 

"Where are we going then?" Claire said flexing her fingers with darkness Mana. 

"Oh, Claire you free to go back home. I'll make sure you return safely." I said smiling and waving her off. 

"Excuse me, Haruka. I'm not leaving your side." She said matter of factly. 

"So, where are we going?" Claire asked once again with a smirk written all over her face. 

"I'm not gonna be able to convince you I guess. OK Claire we are going to Obril." I pointed to the west direction with a compass I pulled out of my pocket. 

"Why there?" Claire questioned. 

"While I was at the palace this morning I overheard an official saying that Obril is where they think Phantom Gloom will strike next." I gritted my teeth as I thought about the girl who I had fought with last time. 

"They are the Party that attacked the capital right?" Claire's question forced me to remember the battle that ended with one of the assailants escaping. The way she moved was really familiar to me for some reason, but I couldn't put my finger on it. 

"So they planned a trap for them and you're worried they're gonna fall right into it?" Claire continued, interrupting my thoughts. 

"They sent a Palidin. Who is an apprentice of the 12 Holy Knights. If Phantom Gloom just runs into a battle with him it won't be good for them." I concluded. 

"Well let's get moving to Obril then." Suddenly, Claire's back sprouted enormous black wings that flapped, sending strong gusts of wind towards me. 

"Wait are you a Dragon?" 

"Hehehe, you removed the magic sealing cuffs that kept my magic dormant. Let's go Haruka!" 

-

 

Haruka as the Hero was...
  • Surprising Votes: 17 11.6%
  • Obvious Votes: 130 88.4%
Total voters: 147
60