Chapter 30: My besto friendo [II]
448 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

***

"The trick to being a good chef is the right woman. A woman who will make a better man. Better at cooking. Better at everything."

-Joichiro Yukihira

Word Count 1217

***

[Jennie's POV]

What the hell was I thinking? 

I can't believe I acted like a fool in front of such a devilishly handsome strong male!

Ugh, I blame it all on the crisis that I have just been spared from.

I think that short call with death at the Pacific had made my head sorta confused.

I don't know how but it seems someone saved me and my sister from the Kaiju.

I could still remember that scene… that blinding light that seemed to have been the one to have ushered the genesis of creation.

And then after that… nothing.

I couldn't remember anything. I think I had blacked out. 

When I had finally gained consciousness, I found myself in my room with the monarch of all headaches driving me crazy. It felt as if a truck had rammed into my head.

I had felt like shit throughout the morning rituals as I prepared myself to visit marshal for some answers and most definitely… my savior… our savior.

I had a lot of gratitude for them whoever they might be as well as a burning curiosity. 

I had been famished, my tummy growling incessantly as if it had been deprived of food for centuries.

Can't really blame myself when I was a huge foodie, huh? 

The cafeteria would always be my 'saving point' in any timeline.

I had just closed the door behind me, and that's when I saw him.

Those ever-so-blue eyes, brighter than even the sky. Those were eyes that had inadvertently made me think about all those vampire romance novels I had read during my teenage days.

How cliche could it get?

The man in front of me had been a manly man. A man that emitted superiority and power that could inevitably rouse the most perfect submissive side of any woman. An alpha male. Virile and full of the 'force'. I mean sexual force.

Dressed in an elegant and stylish Armani suit that emphasized his powerfully built muscles, ah, he couldn't get any more tastier. 

My body, which had been deprived of satisfying sex for almost seven good years, reacted quickly to the presence of a perfect… mate. I really blame it all on that shit load of supernatural romance I had read.

To put it in the most perfect way, the stranger had been an adonis and I had been terminally besotted.

How could I have resisted his oh-so-lethal charm?

I hadn't been coolheaded as my usual self but had behaved more like an innocent girl meeting her first crush.

It had been embarrassing but it was a relief that the hottie guy had been laid-back and accommodating, not like those grumpy werewolf pups.

I had been mesmerized by his smile and I swear, just from the amusement in his eyes, I knew he had been playing with me since he knew how his charm was a cheat.

A natural bastard. At that time, that was the only thing that I could think about to describe him.

Additionally, I think I have found myself my ideal type of man. My past two RIPed exes couldn't be compared to him. (Kaiju assholes probably sent their souls to hell for cheating behind my back.)

Yeah, I didn't have a good relationship history. But that had been seven years ago before I joined the Jaeger academy together with my sister. 

'But oh boy, I think my days are going to be… fulfilling from now on.' 

Currently, I was chatting with the beautiful man - now Kal or El - about random stuff.

It's good that he was a good talker and… funny.

But… I think he was a little bit crazy!

Or maybe even that was only an understatement in itself?

Anyway, didn't that make us a soon-to-be match made in heaven? I giggled in my mind as I led Kal into my hallowed grounds - the cafeteria.

'This is going to be so fun.'

"What is your ideal type of woman, Mr. El?" I asked him playfully while ignoring the gazes and hushed whispers from the people seated in the cafeteria.

"My ideal type of woman, huh?"

I don't why I had asked him but I couldn't resist my womanly curiosity.

***

[MC's POV]

'Oh Jennie, is Todou by any chance your ancestor?' I chuckled to myself.

"My ideal type of woman, huh?" I touched my chin with a thoughtful expression on my face as the people made way for us.  

As I was thinking, she had already taken the servings for both of us from the cook with hers being…

"Let me help you." I took one plate from one of her hands without thinking.

I then eyed the plate which she had distanced away from me as if she had anticipated that I would try to help.

"Wow, I am surprised. Can your little stomach survive the onslaught of such large amounts of food?" I asked blandly as we walked over to an unoccupied table for two.

"You are welcomed to see the eighth wonder," She winked at me before sitting at the table and I followed suit.

"Ah~" I heard her moan as she took a taste of the bean soup.

"This is what my tongue had been missing all along~" She closed her eyes momentarily as she was probably reveling in that foodgasm.

"You look lewd right now," I commented with a smirk while taking a bite off a piece of meatloaf.

"How?" She looked at me with a pretty smile of her own.

"Just kidding." And I took a scoop of beans with my spoon and ate it.

"The taste is not bad but it would have been better if it had some Royco."

"What's Royco?" She leaned forward.

"It's something I enjoyed on one of my trips to Africa," I answered. 

"I would like to try it." Her eyes gleamed in excitement.

"It sounds delicious."

I couldn't help but chuckle. She looked like a child.

"Yeah, it's a good ingredient. You're a big foodie, girl."

She shrugged while pouting. "Food is bae."

"But it's a pity that I don't think we would find that ingredient if you wanted to try with all the mayhem that Kaijus are causing," I shook my head lightly while playing around with my spoon.

I had no appetite. I think food was no longer a basic necessity to me.

Jennie's expression dimmed after hearing my words and she sighed, "It's truly a pity then."

It was from my past life, Jennie. That's why. And it was just a passing thought. Also, I am not a good cook, haha.

"Hey, you still haven't answered me about your type of woman?"

"I guess my type of woman is…"

And we talked over the meal until we finished. Of course, Jennie just had to be Jennie, and she couldn't resist leaving my food as a leftover.

She claimed that it wasn't worth it for my food to be wasted.

And I had to suffer through lessons about food wastage.

This all happened before we were led to the main room of operations where Marshal Pentecost was waiting for us.

 

14