Chapter 36: UN Council
178 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Word Count 1372]

"We are giving you one last chance, marshal," The United Nations representative from the USA, Lukas Taylor, said from the large screen.

It was the usual council meeting to follow up on the progress of the Jaeger Program.

With the fall of Black Widow, a Mark VI Jaeger which had cost the council 'some' funds, it was inevitable that they would summon Marshal Stacker Pentecost as soon as possible to debrief them.

The council wasn't in a good mood, as they had already started thinking about the idea of cutting short the funds being allocated to Anchorage Shatterdome.

Despite the admonishments from those men dressed in suits and ties, Marshal Pentecost remained unfazed by their warnings. They didn't know that he had a huge help now. He could see limitless potential from Dr. El's emergence.

And he was going to silence the council a little bit with the new profound knowledge that he now held.

"Dear sirs, I have managed to amass new knowledge that could potentially help us in our resistance against the Kaijus," Marshal Pentecost started confidently, his back straight and his chin raised. He didn't look like a man silently suffering through a terminal illness.

The council quietened with their brows earnestly raised in interest.

"The Kaijus don't attack just for the sake of it. They are here for a reason. A mission," Marshal Pentecost spoke loudly.

"The mission itself is the sole eradication of humanity and that we already have an idea about. These Kaijus, these monsters, I have learned that they follow orders. They are merely the dogs and their masters are silently in the shadows perpetrating everything. From my source, they are called the Precursors, alien beings from an advanced civilization that had been in existence since the age of dinosaurs."

"Excuse me, marshal…" The UN representative from Britain tried to interrupt but Stacker Pentecost raised his hand to bar any form of interruption. This was his moment and even if the council was above him in authority, they had to let him finish whatever he was going to say… no matter what.

"I have already found a possible way of ending this war but it is a very risky plan. I have been told that the Breach is an unstable dimensional tunnel that stabilizes only when a Kaiju is being sent to wreak havoc. The plan is to send a thermonuclear bomb down their throats and cut the connection they have with our universe." When he finalized his plan, he cast a meaningful gaze at the Russian UN representative, Andrei Molotov.

"That's all."

Marshal Pentecost put his hands behind his back and waited for the council's decision on the matter.

If they voted against it, then he was prepared to go solo and use everything in his hands to make it work. He just hoped that Dr. El had more surprises for him. Especially that mysterious combat suit of his, if they were able to apply it on Jaegers-

"Marshal, one last chance," Lukas Taylor said sternly after they had discussed it over on their side.

"We have decided to see if your plan is viable. We will be watching from the side. And if you fail us this time, we will proceed with the Coastal Wall Project."

Marshal Pentecost nodded in agreement.

"A question for you, marshal." The British UN representative L.Cole joined the conversation.

Marshal Pentecost nodded.

"Who is your information broker?"

Marshal Pentecost replied seriously, "My source prefers extreme anonymity."

"But his identity wouldn't remain a secret for very long. He will eventually come into the limelight," he then said with confidence in his voice as if he could already foresee the future.

'That should shut them up, at least.'

Stacker Pentecost felt that he had said everything that he had to say.

And the meeting ended well, this time around.

This time he didn't have to argue and waste his mental energy.

Marshal Pentecost then sighed and roughly ran his hand down his face.

"I feel tired already. What could Dr. El be doing right now?" He asked himself before deciding to go and look for him.

And then it happened. Just as he was about to take a step, a drop of blood dripped down his nostril and onto the ground.

"Just for how long?" He said rhetorically with a sad smile on his face.

He then took out the military tin from his breast pocket, opened it, and took a colorful pellet from it.

He looked at it for a moment before popping it into his mouth. He didn't forget to wipe the bloody mess from his nose.

"No, I can't die yet. I have a lot to do. And Mako is waiting for me. Mako… I think it will be good for her if she worked together with Dr. El," Marshal Pentecost reminded himself.

It was funny how he was already thinking of making his adopted daughter meet with a handsome bastard like Dr. El.

But hey, the more brains involved the better.

Marshal then boarded the elevator that led to the floor where Dr. El's new laboratory was.

The rangers that met him along the way saluted him with utmost respect which he replied with a curt nod.

The new laboratory was on the left wing, far from other rooms, a place reserved only for Dr. El.

When he arrived at the front of the door, he gazed at the passcode security system.

He knew the password but he felt that it would be disrespectful to barge into Dr. El's domain without informing him. He barely knew anything about the man. He just couldn't help but imagine the experimental procedures that he was doing.

And just as he was about to knock, coincidentally the door opened for him but marshal Pentecost saw someone quite unexpected.

It wasn't Dr. El but one of the Hale Sisters, Jennie Hale.

Her expression seemed to be at peace and tranquility like a Tibetan Monk. She looked free as if all her problems had been dropped off her shoulders.

Her skin was vibrant more than ever. She looked liberated. And she had that goofy smile on her face.

What was Jennie Hale doing here? Stacker Pentecost thought in surprise.

Jennie had yet to notice that the marshal was looking at her. She was currently a sexually satisfied woman in her own fantasy. The aftermath of the mind-blowing sex was still lingering deep in her mind.

The way Kal had drilled into her like a wild beast, his deep masculine voice as he called her name over and over again, the way he had fondled her breasts and played her body like piano, all these thoughts swam disproportionately in her sex-crazed mind.

"Ahem, one two, back to earth, ranger," Marshal Pentecost loudly cleared his throat to snap the hazy-minded Jennie back to reality.

And what the hell was 'one two', was he by chance preparing himself to speak on a mic? Marshal Pentecost scolded himself.

Marshal's voice worked wonders and when Jennie Hale came to herself, she didn't know what to say. She hadn't expected to meet the marshal when she had finished the best sex of her whole life.

"Uh, sir…" Jennie stammered awkwardly while biting her lip anxiously. She didn't care that the marshal would know about her sex life. What made her anxious and embarrassed was the smell of sex still lingering deep into the lab.

"Jennie. Hale. What do you have to say?" Marshal Pentecost cast an inquisitive glance at her while slowly nodding.

Jennie decided to spew some bullshit.

"Dr. El suddenly needed an assistant and I happened to be nearby, I guess."

"Oh."

"Eh, marshal, I think it's best I rush to get some rest since the work I was subjected to was so heavy. I thought Dr. El was customizing a brand new slave for himself," Jennie said hurriedly without catching a breath and then released a tired sigh.

"Oh." Stacker Pentecost then moved aside and allowed her the space to escape through.

Jennie didn't waste her time there and off, she disappeared like lightning.

"Interesting," Marshal Pentecost found himself muttering before going in.

But Kal El had already anticipated his arrival!

***

7