Chapter 39: A Double Event [I]
146 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Word Count 1437

***

Time skip - Three months.

Much had happened in the span of those three months before an anticipated attack from the Kaijus.

Humanity became as prepared as possible and all of these could be attributed to only one man - Kal El.

It was really a surprise even to himself. Kal, no, now nicknamed 'the shut-in doctor' and 'Hand of god', had played a very important role in increasing the chances of the humans against their alien enemies. The moniker 'shut-in doctor' was due to his reclusive nature of spending most of his days in the recesses of a laboratory. As for the 'Hand of god', it had something to do with his talented, dextrous hands capable of almost creating anything mechanical or technological and his inventions were simply top-notch and astounding. Heck, some nerdy characters even dubbed him as the New World's Modern Hephaestus which was so ridiculous in itself.

Kal didn't have any issues with the nicknames. He didn't give them any further attention and only found them amusing, to say the least. He liked to do things the way he pleased and didn't care much about the thoughts of others. His assistance to his fellow humans was a whim or maybe a grand scheme for him to solidify his presence among them as an irreplaceable individual - a way for humanity to put all of their hopes and beliefs on him. And it was working. Kal was already recognized as the Messiah that humanity could ever hope for in those tumultuous times. He was not an asset that the UN Council could control for themselves. He was the one looking down at others from atop the pyramid of power. To antagonize such a deadly individual was akin to cutting a straight ticket to the underworld ticket or even earning the mass ire of the public. Like obedient dogs, these top politicians knew how to hide their tails between their legs when met with a beautiful, uncontrollable monster.

Now you might be wondering what Kal El had done to deserve such treatment, right? It was simple really. He had done what he did best and introduced something that shocked and picked the utmost interest of all. It was all about the project which he had earlier on talked about with the marshal. Project Armoured Core.

The Jaegers were the mainstream machines of war but they lacked good mobility and a certain level of sophistication. Project Armoured Core covered that weakness. Taking knowledge and inspiration from a video game, Kal introduced the concept of 15 meters tall Mechas to stand alongside the Jaeger Program. Those 15 meters tall Mechas were then called Armoured Cores or ACs in short.

They were cost-effective and didn't require much time to create from scratch compared to the conventional Jaegers. They also equally needed personnel to pilot them and to create some sense of authenticity, Kal El proposed that they should be called 'ravens'. Just how authentic and shameless could he get?

Anyway, the ACs were meant to assist the Jaegers in their expeditions along the Pacific Rim. They were highly weaponized and lethal. They had sniper rifles on the left arm capable of shooting long-range, extremely penetrative anti-kaiju bullets. Although bullets couldn't be compared to missiles, the ACs proved this notion wrong with firepower capable of digging deep into extremely thick Kaiju skin shown to be invulnerable toward normal bombs. Although they could not outrightly kill a Kaiju, they were good attention diverters to give the Jaeger enough time to incapacitate it. The Kaijus wouldn't probably sit ducks and wait to be annoyed constantly by such small ants, right?

Apart from the sniper rifles, they had laser rifles embedded in the right arm. These laser rifles were powered by micro-fusion cells with each cell being a self-contained fusion plant. This meant that they could last longer in a prolonged battle and dominate the battlefield with high-energy attacks.

To factor in the issue of unnecessary weight, they were also equipped with small nuclear missile launchers on the shoulders that could easily send Category I and II Kaijus to Oblivion. That wasn't even the most impressive feature of the ACs. They were able to fly in the air courtesy of rocket thrusters and they also had inertial dampeners that could absorb inertial forces and other forces that could hinder mobility. Now capable of counteracting the effects of rapid acceleration and deceleration, maneuverability and agility became the strong points of the ACs.

Unsurprisingly, the Precursors hadn't been inactive during those three months much to Kal's expectations. He had already foreseen such a scenario which in fact, just aided him in demonstrating the awesomeness of ACs to the world. In preparation for hitting humanity hard, the Precursors still remain steadfast in their mission of wearing them out. With the level of destruction and the death count being toned down, the world couldn't be more appreciative of a genius like Dr. Kal El.

Sometimes, he wondered if he was atoning for his heavy sins or his guilt or if it was just him acting on something trivial. Was he even capable of redemption? Yes, maybe a little with the genocidal behavior. He could only save himself and be better for himself. Good or bad, it really didn't matter. This world had nothing to offer him except for the excitement of an adventure.

And also with funds from the UN council running thin due to the cost of production of 20 Armoured Cores and the subsequent training of their pilots- ravens- Marshal Pentecost had been forced to relocate with his crew to Hong Kong Shatterdome.

The timeline was accelerating faster toward the major events in the movie, something that showed how much the future wasn't set in stone. The future was untameable and sometimes even knowledge that stretched far beyond the present could be rendered useless. Contingencies, caution, and absoluteness in power could easily curb such unpredictability. But was it that simple?

Hong Kong Shatterdome,

Currently, Kal was training with the Hale Sisters and Mako Mari.

He had one of his hands behind his back and a bland look on his devilishly handsome face.

Standing opposite of him were the three angry women who wanted to spar with him.

They were all attracted to a strong, dignified male and wouldn't waste the chance for some pointers.

Each one of them had wanted to spar separately but Kal had rejected it and said it was a waste of time. It was better for them to come at him all at once which had made them dissatisfied.

"You will suffer so much for your arrogance. You truly are underestimating us, the Hale Sisters… you are underestimating me, Abigael Hale!" A pretty young woman with long dark brown hair clenched her small fists while taking a fighting posture. She looked all cute and innocent, especially when throwing a tantrum.

And well, much to his surprise, Kal found that she looked all too familiar. Another one of those faces from his past life. She looked like Haile Steinfield. Like damn! If he had been one of those harem-seeking horny main characters, he would have been more than happy to add her to his list and establish a successful Bluetooth connection. The idea of sisters or even both sisters and mother (Oyakodon) was something that cultured men couldn't resist. Sadly, just sadly… he was no ordinary man. He had no definite interest in being accompanied by women who would always be under his constant protection. Deadweights.

"Kill!" Mako Mari seethed in Japanese. She was a beautiful Asian woman with a standard bobcat that highlighted her oval face. Hot damn wasn't she hot as hell with all that good mannerisms out of the window?!

"Boy, you truly are intolerable!" Jennie Hale spoke slowly with a smirk on her face. She was the calmest of the three. Her skin was extremely vibrant and had a healthy sheen. Her breasts were fuller and perky. It seems she had been given dozens of nutritious protein shakes.

"Don't underestimate girl power. I wanna see how you will remain smug after we've kicked your sorry ass." She chuckled lightly while slowly positioning herself in a circular position.

"Just you know I am not underestimating anyone. I just find it unmanly if I bully all of you with my two hands."

"Using one hand only is me showing… respect!"

How extremely annoying!

What kind of respect was he showing?!

He was utterly and brutally disrespecting them!

And then the three women moved at the same time and attacked with only one agenda in mind.

To break a dick!

***

8