Prolog
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It is not easy to grow up in a pack. Everyone has their role. There are alpha and beta. The most important in the pack. (And the biggest show-offs. Really!) They are born as such and are physically superior to others. The alpha is always the biggest wolf in the pack and usually, the position remains in the family. In addition, there are many members without rank. They make up most of the pack. The simple foot soldiers. The citizens under the rule of the Alpha.

Alphas... Bah!

With one exception. My best friend. She is not 'bah'.

(Oh yes! Betas are also not exactly lovely. But at least not quite as bigheaded...)

The weakest among them is the Omega. No one is born an omega. No. This rank is given to the wolf or wolves who do not shine in brawls and perhaps even in school with great success.

No wolf wants to be an omega. The weaklings of the pack.

That is an unfortunate position.

Each pack deals with them differently. Sometimes they are the cleaners, sometimes they are simply ignored, and sometimes they just have the slightest say in decisions when the Alpha gives the pack a say.

In the larger packs, there is also the rank Delta. Delta wolves are subordinate to the Alpha and Beta. They work for this position. My home pack is one of the smaller ones. We do not have that rank. Which I personally think is good. We already have enough conceited, and bossy show-offs!

Yes. Every pack is different. And some do not understand each other. Which can also be very annoying...

There is only one thing that unites all werewolves. The hatred for witches and wizards and the fear of ending up as slaves.

This is my story.

It is not a story about heroes and not one of these literary tragedies. It's not a story about how the Alpha falls in love with an Omega wolf and the two quickly go on to happily make babies and have them spectacularly.

It's also not one of those cheesy stories where all the time people talk about the joy of having their own welp, and the Alpha has to protect his partner. I don't like stories like that. Well, they really get on my nerves!

My neighbor recently had a baby. And none of it was romantic! The production of the baby alone had been annoying... I mean... Can't babies be made quieter? With the window closed? Does the whole neighborhood need to know? And my neighbor was in a bad mood throughout her pregnancy. She was downright obnoxious! There was no joyful romance. No.

And the birth? Neither exciting, spectacular, nor romantic! She had decided to send her baby into life outside. Just below my window. Thank you. And since some of our houses are carved into the rock, like my home, the windows are not glazed. Splendid! Thick curtains protect us from the cold in winter, but against a childbearing mother, the curtains fail.

(Child and mother are doing well, by the way.)

So: It's not an alpha and omega romance! But, there is an omega wolf in this story. An extremely grumpy omega wolf with a dark sense of humor and a penchant for sweet cakes with pink glaze.

Myself.

Right now, I'm busy running for my life like I have nothing better to do.

How did this happen?

Honestly?

I had a bad day! There. That's why. But it all started not so badly.

Although, if I think about it, maybe it did! There was the cookie thing. The day my life took a bad turn!

0