Bonus
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adahlia smiled.

She had every reason to smile because Beta Lifa had now taken her under her wing as her student. She accompanied her to her patrols and was allowed to watch her fingers.

Only one thing annoyed Adahlia.

And that was Mads. She had wanted to get rid of him. Dead or alive, she didn't care. She wanted to drag him in front of Alpha Alva and force him to tell her the truth. She wanted to... She wanted so much that she didn't know exactly, what she would have done. But the other pack protected him with an iron fist. Adahlia had failed to bring him back.

His existence made Adahlia weak. She was constantly compared to him. She was constantly told not to be as weak as he was. She constantly heard that she was the sister of a fugitive.

How was she supposed to lead the pack like that?

Even Einar often spoke to her about Mads. He accused her of Mads being to blame for soldiers stealing his sister. This was not Adahlia's fault. And she reminded him of it with bared teeth.

Einar now accompanied his mother. Alpha Ava made him and Adahlia fight together to make them stronger. And they were.

No matter how much the pack annoyed Adahlia with her brother, she only had to show her teeth and they took a step back. And that, too, was something she smiled about.

Yes. One day, the pack would forget Mads.

And if she had to present his head to the pack. Only his head, of course.

And her parents?

They were glad that Mads was safe.

Her mother was now particularly annoying. She constantly told Adahlia that she had to pay attention to the feelings of others. That she had to appreciate every member of the pack.

"Respect is important!", her mother just said. "The pack doesn't just have to respect you, sweetie!" They sat at the breakfast table. There was tea, scrambled eggs, and bread.

Adahlia's father smiled. "We want you to be a good Beta. That the pack will be proud of you."

Adahlia rolled her eyes. "Oh, yes?"

Her mother blinked. "I don't like your tone, dear."

"My tone?", hissed Adahlia angrily. "I’m constantly told that I am the sister of a traitor! The sister of a worthless Omega! Respect me? If I'm Beta the pack will fear me!"

"Your brother is not worthless. Adahlia! So can’t talk about your brother like this! What does Beta Lifa teach you?"

"How to become a good, and strong Beta! How I can lead the pack at Einar's side. How to get their respect. Strength. Strength brings respect. Fear is respect! Nothing is more important than strength. That's why omegas don't belong in our pack! If it weren't for the witches, we'd be chasing the omegas away!"

The witches.

There was only one thing Adahlia was really afraid of.

She wasn't afraid that the pack might look down on her, no. That wouldn’t happen. She would make sure of that. But witches? Sorcerers?

Magic scared her. And when the soldiers took Emmie away, Adahlia realized how thin the protective wall was that the contract with the witches gave her pack. They could’ve taken Adahlia with them. She didn't miss Emmie. No.

Emmie was a weak alpha.

Adahlia’s parents sighed. They were silent during the rest of breakfast. This was convenient for her. She had enough of her parents' chatter. Of course, Adahlia loved her parents. But she also thought them stupid. Weak. Not so weak that they would be omegas, no.

The fact that they loved Mads made them weak.

And it made them come up with silly ideas.

Adahlia did not want to appreciate the pack members. She wanted to lead them! She wanted to make the pack even stronger. Einar agreed with her. When their time came, they would sort out even harder than Alpha Alva. And then, they would roll over Alpha Aksel's pack. The land would belong to their pack!

And Mads would atone for his betrayal...

 

I decided to surprise you with a little bonus-chapter. ;-)

0