Chapter 25
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‍‍‍‍‍‍‍Garam threw away his weapons and he flew towards Shiyang . Before the youngster could understand why his senior was throwing a fit, he forcefully pulled him causing Shiyang to drop the lid on the floor . 

Garam practically dragged him to the exit but unfortunately before they could escape the room , the bomb went off and effortlessly threw them out of the building through one of the still-open windows . 

Mid-air Garam pulled Shiyang and hid him underneath his body so that the flying debris from the explosion don’t touch him. He proceeded to tuck Shiyang's skull into his embrace to make it easier to turn him. Soon after he shifted their positions so that Shiyang lands on top of him . By the time Garam's body bombarded the floor, Shiyang's head was still protected by Garam's body 

It’s an understatement to say that he didn't see that coming . The lid was so light and the vessel sounded distinctly empty , which might mean that the bomb was probably beneath the container and the circuit was on lid. He was so careless despite what Garam told him about being cautious . in other words , had not Garam spotted the circuit on time or at all both would be goners by now , thanks to him .

Shiyang rolled off Garam as he coughed the dust that he had incidentally inhaled . His head was throbbing and his face was burning as if he was scalded . The wound from the glass-accident was in-ignorable and his leg bones made the whole limb feel numb .From his back all the way to the waist was aching but nonetheless he felt like he made it rarely alright from such a massive explosion that collapsed a double-storry in a matter of seconds after making him and Garam airborne in a heartbeat.

“ I am so sorry!l, he apologized as he turned to Garam to find out that he was unresponsive.

Shiyang coughed more of the dust as he went to Garam . For some abrupt reason, Shiyang was trembling  as he tapped him on his shoulder. Garam was not reactive nor was he even looking like he is even conscious . His hair was all over his face and there were multiple cuts on his face as well as bruises all over any exposed part of his body . Shiyang looked at the man . The silence he got in return shook him tremendously as he couldn’t  even process the situation . Things elevated to the worst when he spotted a blood of blood rampantly growing underneath Garam`s stagnant body 

He tried to shake him up more vigorously but it was as pointless as it was traumatizing . Before long , the tears like blood flew down at interchanging speeds .  With the realest effort and multiple aching bones , he struggled to pick Garam from the floor , then loaded him into the car . He tried to turn on the radio to call the fire department but he couldn't see as he was persistently crying . His fingers rumbled all over the radio but he forgoed that . he tried very much to unlock his phone to call , he couldn't even unlock it as well due to the fact that he shook with every attempt.

About half an hour later, he got to the hospital carrying Garam on his back . His clothes were covered in a  lot of Garam blood. The health workers took him away and he just collapsed in the hallway.

Chaewon, Choohee and Taeyang arrived at the hospital two hours later . Minjun had told them that an explosion occurred at the place where Shiyang and Garam went .  they took way longer to get here because the traffic was not helping and plus they couldn't leave without making sure that the witnesses are safe .

a nurse in butterfly scrubs showed them the room where Shiyang was . They found a doctor tending to him and him sitting on the bed with his arms on his knees . Most of his arms , legs and face were bandaged but the wrappings were light showing that his injuries were not deep as they were multiple. Chaewon attempted to talk to him first but he didn't say anything . Then Choohee tried to elicit what happened to Shiyang but he was still not saying anything . He just laid his head on his hands and he cried soundless and effortless tears .  What haunted him the most was the fact that Garam warmed him not be childish. All throughout today , Garam was looking out for him and that was the second time that Garam had stuck his neck out for him and the second time , he arguably bought Shiyang`s life .

Chaewon and Taeyang exchanged looks as they didn't understand why Shiyang was hurting so much but Choohee probably had much of an idea . There is usually one reason why only one officer from a pair ends up in ICU while the other doesn't !Knowing how Garam is, ChoHee is justified to think that he must have been trying to be a hero.

Another  doctor came in to the room and told them that Garam has lost a lot of blood and sustained injury in vital structures .they are not sure if his brain will work after the surgery .

Shiyang got dizzy and he ran to the toilet then threw up . Chaewon followed him but Shiyang furiously locked the door. He doesn't want them to see him looking like this . If they ever did despise him , they are going to curse his birth when they find out that he is the one that set off the bomb and Garam protected him.

ChoHee wanted to hate Shiyang for the condition that Garam is in but seeing the way that Shiyang is handling this issue makes it seem like he is beating himself more about it than anyone ever could.

##

Yesang was already in bed and so was everyone expect Jinyoung who couldn’t stop thinking about Luke. For that reason, he waited till midnight to come and pay Luke a visit.

Hyunsuk is the one who suggested that they bring him back . Since they can’t really establish how he or whoever sent him traced them down nor how Luke knew that Jinyoung was at the mission , the smartest thing is to not sweep the whole thing under the carpet until it is verified that it is that insignificant. Jinyoung was told to lock him with Hyunki but he didn't and instead kept him in the attic. The whole room is really well-made despite it not being a common room in mansion . Most of the structure is well taken care of and very well-reserved . Nevertheless currently there is only a bed by the window , two chairs and a small table .

Jinyoung lifted a bucket of cold water and he dumped the contents onto his head . Like an explosive , luke woke up and curse a lot . Jinyoung told him shut up . 

The youth placed the bucket down on the cold dry floor of the attic. Afterwards he sat in the chair directly in front of Luke. He crossed his legs not out of habit but because the situation demands it.

“A gps has been implanted onto your stomach wall , shank and heart . Remember that they form part of a circuit meaning that you have to remove them all at the same time . Under the press of a button or failure to remove them at once ,  those  will explode and there is a chance that you might die"

“Chance?”, he exclaimed and Jinyoung grit his teeth because he is telling him to keep quiet 

"we have decided not to kill you because we don’t need a corpse . Basically we require you to help us uncover something .We will provide everything you need", Jinyoung whispered with such a professional manner 

“I am not going to work for you. If  you are going to kill me , just do it .  “,

“I could but I won’t . Assumably you have something to lose and I am giving you a chance to protect it by letting you live. But if you want to die , please go ahead but remember that the people who sent you definitely have something on and they are not afraid to use it against you . “,

Jinyoung was right . Luke doesn't have a brother , it’s actually his cousin and she is in university in France . Luke has not seen her in three years because he had to some dirty work to keep her in school .  They do talk but it has recently not been active because the person who gives luke missions told him to stop that as that it really dangerous .

So to protect her , he keeps her at a distance but he really misses her because she is the only family member he has close by . His family is back in Brazil and they are so poor that they can't even afford to keep the siblings in school . His father works as a garbage collector  and his mother tries to earn money by doing small jobs. Luke's uncle is a soldier in some country and left the cousin to Luke's family after he found her as an abandoned baby during one of the missions. Anyways Luke came to France with her since  they were  both supposed to enter the university but something happened and she was the only one that could get into nursing school. 

“ what do you want ?”

Jinyoung untensed and backdown .This is the third time the has to make a major convincing and all those times it has worked. The little kid in him wanted to scream in joy . He really doesn’t like having to talk but when he does he wants it to be a game-changer and that has been the case ever since .

Back in Yesang’s room , he watched this scene unfold and he was a little proud of jinyoung. He did want to know how the other murders occurred but he didn’t know how he was going to find out let alone ask Jinyoung . And this proves that indeed Jinyoung is a valuable person. 

“Ms Jun , can you handle the kitchen ?”, he called and instructed her to cook something nice and HEALTHY! That would mean she has to go shopping and since she is the most mother-ish of all the caretakers, she might bring more clothes for Jinyoung . For all the time that Jinyoung has been here, ms Jun has been the one buying him clothes, toiletry , tennis magazines , novels and other things after he has choose them from a catalog.  

It's quite nice to have a rich assassin paying your bills !

0