Chapter 1
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" The fingerprints weren't visible to the naked eye. But thanks to the victim's use of hair products with grease in them, when the culprit strangled her, they left prints on the backs of her neck. The prints we obtained are a match to Mr Won's. For this reason we believe Mr Won murdered Ms Song", he concluded

" Objection! ",

" Though Mr Won admits that during the act of procreation they may strangle each other and that they did engage in such an act a few hours before the victim was found, the culprit used both hands and all prints were visible. Furthermore her genitalia and gluteus maximus shows significant discoloration devoid of inflammation that persisted even twenty-four hours later. Meaning that the act he talks of is infact post mortem ",the M.E continued 

" Again more post mortem discolorations were found on her neck and breasts validating that he did touch her post mortem ",

The court were complete silence and even the defending lawyer was out of words. Who kills a woman afterwards then manhandles her corpse through sexual intercourse while she is pregnant? 

The judge ordered the court to continue after thirty minutes.Everyone slowly left after respecting the judge but soon their conversations lingered over the words said by the handsome man with an physique of a terrified individual.The medical examiner remained seated on the witness stand .He turned his head and he looked to the defending lawyer who was going through his phone 

Soon later , despite the court room being occupied by five officers and three other spectators, it was nonetheless saturated with an air of tension.. 

When the case was brought to Gunam Medical center,  Kitae being the public defendant was trying to prove that Won was innocent. Infact Namkyu had told him that Won's alibi and the part of strangulation might prove his innocence however midway through the case , Namkyu finds the post mortem and ante-mortem bruises. Plus the fact that her genitalia, buttocks and breasts had hand imprints similar to those on her neck, just threw Won into the whole. That is when he swapped sides to be on Yoohan's side that was proving Won guilty.

Kitae did give Namkyu a lot of money for him to expose the information but Namkyu told him that it is pointless as the information could be easily retrieved from his client who was withholding facts . Maybe Kitae knew that his client was lying while he worshiped the golden rule that the body never lies. Won might say one thing but the evidence will point 180° in another direction. 

He blinked away from him and looked at Yoohan who was typing in his laptop. It annoyed him how he acted indifferent to Namkyu 's statement but then again he is aware of the transaction that occurred between Kitae and Namkyu and he wasn't the least bit please. He promised Namkyu that after this trial he would be the one on the defendant side for accepting a bribe from Kitae.

(Thirty minutes later)

"According to the evidence presented before the court, Mr Won ManChul , you are hearby sentenced to twenty-five years in prison with no parole for the murder of Ms Song Haeun. Furthermore for violating the dead and battering her body , a further twenty years is added to your sentence.meaning your are to serve forty-five consecutive years ." , The judge called out before she slammed the desk with her wooden mullet, without word she stood up and left, clearly bothered by the hideous behavior that Mr Won had done to Haeun 

Haeun's family broken in thankful glee. They had long been against the relationship of ManChul and Haeun, telling her that an ex-convict for domestic violence can never truly change. Now over a feud for his excessive drinking and her refusal to engage in her 'female duties ', Haeun no longer walks the earth .  Her mother screamed at ManChul who was quiet almost like he felt no sort of regret for doing such a deed to a woman who love him to the moon and back. His sole focus seemed as well among the ground of spectators 

Namkyu walked outside the courtroom following along the many people who were happy for the sentence ManChul received. Immediately as he stepped outside the doors , he saw Detective Lee Garam walking towards Yoohan who was on a phone call. 

Those two are pretty close and act like brothers though sometimes one could be testifying against another. 

Yoohan is thirty-nine while Garam is forty-four. Garam is however a bit larger than Yoohan who has to keep in shape to look good in suit while Garam is only concerned about being able to run after a criminal.They are in completely different leagues but seem to get along fine .

Though he didn't graduate top of his class, he is by far among the top lawyers in Manong, with Kitae and  HyeSong leading the list. His sole goal is to bring justice and his number one vice is people who accept bribes to dilute the truth and push themselves on the lime light. Probably this personality was created by the fact that his mother was once wrongfully accused for stealing jewelry for the rich people she worked for, only to find that the jewelry had never been delivered in the first place.

As for Garam, he is just a detective who applied for the position to be able to feed his crippled father and rebellious sister. She keeps going for prostitution with the top-dogs of Manong discounting of all the reprimand that Garam tells. 

Yoohan is blessed with dark brownish hair that has been trimmed to give him an authoritative stand. His chiseled face make him appear way younger than he is , probably just a few years older than Namkyu who is twenty-seven. Thanks to his bone straight and medium-size eyebrows added to his perfect curve lips, he appears three times more intimidating than his friend who is licensed to carry a gun.

Namkyu exhaled deeply. After all he can't expect to have made an impact in the industry, he has only been here for six months and this is his tenth case but his second to appear in court because the first one , the culprit just confessed. 

"Dr Namkyu!", A man called behind him

Namkyu swiftly rotated and observed him. He didn't know when he had arrived but he was just less than five feet from him with a clean smile

He appeared around the late thirties. His face was clean and his posture fluent. He appeared like a verbose reader with how withdrawn his eyes appeared .  His extremely full lips added to his thin eyebrows made him look a bit handsome if one ignored how abnormally tall he was. Furthermore his smile was so long with gorgeous curves highlighting that he probably had a beautiful set of bunny teeth and a lush pout.

" Congratulations on the case! You managed to find the M. O and catch the culprit", he told him before smiling his paralyzing smile one again. 

He thought it was a member of the victim's family so he expressed that it was his job and not a matter of concern. Before long he ask his name and he introduced himself as Jeong MinSeok and said that he is a family of the victim.

Namkyu knodded then excused himself. As he walked away he turned back and he saw MinSeok standing there , waving and smiling. 

He looked somewhat like one of the victim's ex-lovers. His face and smile though bright and inviting lacked emotion and only displayed a dark vortex 

Before long Namkyu walked out of the courtroom and headed home

***

He rattled the keys of his apartment before he walked inside . 

Regardless of him not being among the top ten of Manong, he does live in a beautiful apartment. Everything is modern and chic to the tip.The custom-finish of the counter tops , the lustre polish of the decorations all summed with the vintage appeal of the flowers around the room made the space scream with sophistication.

The apartment is basically a large open space with many divisions. 

Walking away from the door and turning to the left along a passage is a corridor. On the left while on the corridor is the kitchen, which has been sectioned off from the room using white walls.  Along the corridor leads to the office which Namkyu uses while working at home. Facing back towards the right side of the room , there is another corridor which leads to three bedrooms, a single master and two guest. Each has an inbuilt bathroom and a gorgeous view of the town allowed by a splendid balcony 

Other than that the first thing one sees, is the enormous sitting room that is sealed off with extremely humongous yet sublime glass window that open up to the balcony.

He threw his keys of the key holder on a small table ahead. Immediately after changing his shoes, his little brother walked into the room completely dressed but still wiping his hair. Despite how hot it was , he was dressed in blue jeans and a dark leather coat. 

Nineteen year Geun Jinyoung, is nothing like his brother. despite having a small face.He is very tall for a teenager even taller than his brother Namkyu.He takes pleasure in long silence and seldom says a lot except that when he does speak, all he utters are rude words. His bubbly personality is masked by that shade of coldness but otherwise he is the best. 

One would think that since he is quite , he spends a lot of time reading when in fact he does is play video games all day. His school work is always lagging behind. Even when Namkyu got tutors for him he never attended. He even dropped out of an academy that he used to go to.

His interesting characteristic is that he is supper athletic. He plays tennis like he is writing a mantra. All the  twenty-four trophies on Namkyu 's office have Jinyoung 's name. He has never ever lost a single match and Namkyu has never missed all his glories. 

Probably the reason why Namkyu doesn't nag him is because he already has a university scholarship through his training. He always tells Namkyu that he wants to be the best and he is .

" Do you want to touch me? Stop staring", he reprimanded him while still wiping his extremely black hair  that covered his eyes . For someone who loves playing in the sun ,he does take unrealistic care of his skin and literally showers four times everyday

" Where are you going?", 

" I have a life , get one", he belittled him before he threw the towel on his face 

" atleast let me meet her", he called to him but he slammed the door before Namkyu could finish his sentence. 

HyoSon his work partner, had told him that raising a teenager is like undoing a bomb in the dark. One wrong move and someone could mess up for life. And this is what Namkyu has to deal with ever since their parent's divorce. He refused to have them take Jinyoung saying he will care for him and he has been doing so ever for twelve years. 

He went to the kitchen poured himself a glass of wine and took the bottle with him before he went to his office Which is just as elegant as his house. the large window also opens to a balcony while the rest of the space inside is like the office of a principal. he went towards the fire place and used his remote control to turn on the heat. afterwards he sat on his leather swinging it gleefully.

There hasn't been a case this week so he has the weekend off.his mind ran all over the place but mostly to the check Kitae had gave him. he isn't planning on using it  but maybe he can keep it as a trap for him but the thing would be how is he going to prove that Kitae tried to bribe him. even if he secretly recorded Kitae, he can't use that in court. 

he unlocked his phone and he locked at the picture. Kim Suho, his previous girlfriend. They broke up because Namkyu was working too hard and not focusing enough on her. He has contemplated asking her back many times but Jinyoung told him not to because no one simply leaves for that reason otherwise she must not love him back. 

He threw the phone on the table and just lingered on his thoughts while emptying the bottle 

0