Chapter 15
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍It was already three am and the holding cells were quiet. Everyone was probably asleep including the guard too.However he was still awake . He sat at the corner of the cell directly at the foot of the moonlight leaking into the space.

Namkyu had been basking in his thoughts for the past hours. His wounds had air-dried and he was lucky to have not caught an infection. The cold floor was biting his body but he didn't bother to move. His face still had streaks of blood going down to his chin.

He was so detached from reality. There was just too much that came rushing to his head.He recalled the day that Jinyoung left home and he wondered if he should have stopped him and maybe none of this would ever happen. 

He begun to question his decisions, his sacrifices and his role in Jinyoung's life. It doesn't make sense to Namkyu why Jinyoung would be filled with that much hate to kill like beast but no matter how he looks at it, he blames himself for everything. He is beginning to think that him taking Jinyoung from his parents was a bad idea. He recalled the day he became and adult and got custody of Jinyoung. Also maybe Jinyoung had troubles at school but because Namkyu was so busy with work , he couldn't have properly assessed the behavioral changes. And instead whenever Jinyoung acted a certain way, he categorized it as teenage mood swings. Now it seems his ignorant ways have let a bad seed bloom inside his beloved brother. 

Hearing Hyonson call Jinyoung was the most petrifying agony he had ever experienced. The victims called his brother whom he had been praying that he was alright . Given his basis on psycho-analysis , the modus-operandi for Hyonson and Taeyeon does match his brother's personality and it pains him to acknowledge this fact. Jinyoung's introversion, his athletic trait and his emotionless mindset .

His brother went missing and the kidnapper who is probably the serial killer, played with him. He got framed for the murders when the murder weapons were posted to a phone in his car. On so many occasions did Garam and his team imply that he could be the culprit . All this took a toll on him because the evidence presented does support this conclusion. The police were wrong to think like that but they weren't exactly baseless. 

To be honest,everytime images of Jinyoung flash through his head, he wants to convince himself that Hyonson was mistaken or that this phone call is wrong but he really can't convince himself to get deluded by arguable narrow-minded explanations. At this point of time ,he doesn't know whether to actually believe that his brother is alive or that he actually was the one responsible for all of this. When he thinks that the man at the hospital could be the one responsible, he feels a little less guilty but a lot more burdened since that must mean he has Jinyoung. Furthermore the Jinyoung he raised is sweet so that heartless man must be manipulating his brother. And maniacs like that always break when disobeyed, either by physical abuse or actual blood-spill

He began to drop tears quietly while reminiscing about his brother. He now understands the feelings his clients had.  He resents himself for being innocent and thinks that things turned the way they have because of him and his selfishness. Had he left Jinyoung home, this man wouldn't have touched Jinyoung and his little brother would be safe and not walking on a tightrope. 

He wants to apologize to Jinyoung because he thinks he was a bad big brother . He feels like with how deep into this Jinyoung is , he might never see him again. 

****

Jinyoung sat at the end of his bed and he hugged his pillow while crying onto it. 

He heard in the news report that Namkyu got arrested. And like last time , Yesang beat the lights out of Jinyoung . Currently his legs have bruises all over and and his arms have open cuts. Parts of his skull throbbed implying that he must have open cuts. his ribs were probably cracked and his right eye was swollen shut. It hurt when he cried but it did more when he tried not to .  

He knew he had messed up Namkyu's life and definitely broke his spirit.He was in too deep for this and to think that he made Namkyu take the blame was too painful. He regrets mentioning his name .  he regrets that he hurt the one person in this world who would undoubtedly die for him. 

He doesn't know why he mentioned him! 

All the sacrifices Namkyu has done were for Jinyoung but he didn't hesitate to mess up his world like this. On top of that , the fact that he followed Yesang and stayed with Yesang while he way the one who was making Namkyu's life a living hell , was pure manslaughter. 

He fell to the side and he carried on sobbing heartfully

****

Yesang was distracted driving. His hands still pinched from punching and beating Jinyoung that much. The makeup and synthetics he added to hide the wounds makes the bruises burn with the longer he tries to ignore them 

In less than twenty-four hours, he had assaulted Jinyoung twice to the point where he is starting to hate being around him.Although it was clear that he was angry, he doesn't know why he got that upset so quick. Plus he didn't mean to hurt Jinyoung but he really didn't think that Jinyoung would incriminate his brother like that. 

He always thought that Jinyoung was a burden and everytime he hits Jinyoung, it does shows that he does bear some pent-up resentment for him which doesn't make sense. He wants to turn this car around and go check on him but it feels confusing that he can worry about him when he is the one who put him in that situation. 

Ilseong who was in the passenger seat would occasionally look at Yesang and could tell that his mind was light years away. When he wasn't checking on him, Ilseong studied the blueprint of the target area. The print was a duplicate from the one that Woojin was at present tweaking 

Yesang never really approved the mission that Kwangsun put him to because it isn't in his territory. Kwangsun wants him to find the weakness of the four officers that worked with the pedophile secretary. He wants him to use those weaknesses to exploit the rest of the documents that he can use to blackmail the ministry of defense. The ongoing plan is to raid the first high ranking officer and threaten him with his family. The man is at the moment still at work and held at gunpoint by some of Kwangsun's men. 

Judging from the blueprint ,his house is brimming with high-tech surveillance and with the grounds being patrolled by four men . This was a courtesy of working with the nation's security systems. However Woojin can easily bypass that security despite it being for a short period of time . Nevertheless that amount of time should be no problem when Ilseong and Yesang are present. 

" Tomi is already on the ground and he has identified the targets. I will turn off security for five minutes. It should give you enough time to access the perimeter. If anything goes wrong, avoid all dark spots and windows ", woojin told Ilseong who scoffed.

After a short drive , Yesang parked a few feet from the house and away from the security radars. Everyone got out of the car and headed to the boot.

The small space had all sorts of assets and tools. All were prepared by Tomi but Yesang brought his own because Tomi has a tendency to sneak things inside. The last time , he added scanners in the googles and almost copied Yesang's eyeprints for id but luckily Yesang wears coded contacts that interrupt the signal. It reported to him that someone tried to scan him and from then on ,he has been very cautious around all of the things Tomi prepares. While he geared up his own inventory and Ilseong checked the guns.  he gave some to Woojin and he chose knives for himself.

He locked the knives all over his suit and put his matte space mask on. He proceeded to shove some sprays in his rear pockets and he swinged a retractable grappling hook launcher across his back. Afterwards he strapped on his gloves. His all-black outfit was completed by a lusterless black earcom and non-reflective black googles .

Ilseong dressed up so fluidly and ever so elegantly like he was modeling his attire. He kept a stern face that even the non-existent wind made it look like it was frozen just to watch him. The dull finish of his mask matched with his pale complexion along with the blue tint of the moon replicated the effect of the ocean with twinkles of water. He fetched a bonnet and when he drew back his hair to hide it , he look like an angel released from marble. 

Yesang didn't realize that he was outstaring Ilseong so much. He watched all his actions like he was painting a portrait especially the part when Ilseong pushed his hair back . Yesang was only moments away from dropping his jaw when woojin flew a gun to him .Yesang's reflexes were so fast and accurate that he caught the weapon without even looking at him. Nonetheless him doing so called Ilseong's attention making Yesang adorably embarrassed for leering.

After that akward scene, Ilseong who not once checked his audience,zoomed forward. Once again Yesang's reflexes helped him because he caught Ilseong by the straps around his back.

It shocked everyone including Ilseong. He arrested motion when Yesang steeped to his side . Yesang yanked off Ilseong's knife guard and placed a gun holster. He switched their weapons even though Ilseong's strength is with knives. He had gave him the gun that Woojin just tossed because he won't ever operate Tomi's gadgets. 

He returned back to put on his staff. No one dared ask what he was doing to have be left behind with dressing up. Anyway he just grabbed a small bag about the size of a purse.Without saying anything they both advanced forward. 

The walls were eight feet high and well lit.Woojin spoke into the earcoms that Tomi will turn off the lights in a few seconds. And he will disable the security systems for three minutes once the radars are off. In other words, Yesang and Ilseong must hurry up and not kill anyone

Despite Yesang's bloody career, he condemned that anyone be harmed. His whole idea was that after this mission, the victims shouldn't be able to prove something happened to them. That way they can't lodge a complaint and the others won't get overly paranoid nor aware that they are on a hitlist.

They waited at the border of the radar while Woojin toggled with the technology. 

The air got tense ad the both of them sat in silence. Yesang's fist's burned and he was a bit sore . The short run from he highlighted that he must have injured himself while pounding Jinyoung. He wanted to exclaim the discomfort but he also knew he has to suck it up.

"  Black looks nice on...", Yesang tried to mock Ilseong.

Yesang had already turned to him but just then met Ilseong rolling his eyes. While he tried to recalculate that action from Ilseong, Ilseong took out the gun holster and rudely threw it to Yesang's feet. 

For some reason that mildly infuriated Yesang. He regretted trying to be concerned only to get this insult. He really wanted to attack Ilseong but then his conscious told him that that would be projecting his guilt for hitting Jinyoung and taking it out in Ilseong . He forfeited the idea by kicking the gun to him and blasting off at the beep from Woojin. 

Ilseong got drenched in a blurry mood. Facts aligned , when he saw Yesang staring at him while he was dressing up , he purposefully slowed down so that Yesang could look all he wants. He knows that everytime he wears a face mask and reveals only his eyes, Yesang always gawks at him so intensely. And today was a little more shameless than he thought. The fact that he could make Yesang stare like that gave him a little confidence and thought it softened Yesang but it seems he was wrong. 

Even when he was sassy to him , that compliment he got from Yesang was extremely sweet and he did like it. He thought that if he acted like that , Yesang would mock him again and they would both laugh. Instead it clear that Yesang got triggered.

He begun to think that whatever distracted Yesang through the drive must have catalyzed him now. It felt really sour to think that Yesang didn't buy the whole act of cuteness from Ilseong and instead it shoved him further away. He got pinched but knew he couldn't do anything nor could he say anything.  

0