Chapter 17
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yesang flew into the mansion and he raced up the stairs . then without knocking, he blasted like a rabid dog into Jinyoung`s room. His eyes raced to the bed and it was empty and then he yelled for his maids that came blazing into the room .

He asked where Jinyoung was and they pointed to the bed but it was unvacant which confused all of them . Ms Lee went to the bathroom and like the rest of the space lacked Jinyoung. They looked at each other but they didn't give each other any answer. 

Ms Jun turned her attention to Yesang and saw that he was had closed his eyes in attempt to conceal his anger but it was futile as they already knew he was furious

“ he was here just moments ago!”, she whispered softly 

” Well now he isn’t”, he spat fire at them and then all came to worse .

Ms Park peeled off the blankets and what she saw shocked everyone in the room. Yesang had attached a watch to Jinyoung's body to monitor his vitals but currently that watch was submerged in a basin of water . The waterproof watch was so that in case he sweats Jinyoung`s vitals could still be measured but now it seems he used that to his advantage which is not surprising because he is an athlete and knows his way around these types of watches. He had used the water that matched his body temperature to take it off and as the water cooled , it falsely reported to Yesang that Jinyoung's pulse was dropping . 

Yesang ironically chuckled at the scene , he never actually thought that Jinyoung would escape . It has unfolded that the constant abuse may have drove him to this but he really can’t say he wanted to keep him alive for longer . On that very same note, Yesang thinks Jinyoung is too much of a child to master the courage to escape from someone like Yesang unless he is courting death for himself . Best case scenario is that Yesang will assume he must have went to buy some food .

( in the basement)

"Eat slowly !", Jinyoung respectfully requested the man to eat .

Hyunki was staffing everything into his mouth and not caring what that thing was. He barely looked at Jinyoung ever since Jinyoung placed the food in front of him 

At current, Jinyoung was seating directly outside the cell and he had brought all sorts of delicious foods to Hyunki. It's true that he did take off the watch but he only did that so he can go buy food in town . Since he lacked the appetite , when he came back , he gave them Hyunki who ate like he has never tasted such delicacies

Jinyoung chuckled at the way he almost choked at the food and he told him he can carry on eating . According to Jinyoung's words , Yesang was not going to be back for a long time  so it's best if Hyunki slows down 

" young sir , why are you in this place ? Did that creep abduct you as well? ", Hyunki asked Jinyoung who responded by scoffing which quickly transitioned to crying .

" I can leave anytime but I know he will find me and kill me . honestly I am not afraid of that , I only fear that I won't be the only thing he kills ", he chuckled and he handed Hyunki another small juice box.

Hyunki opened it but as he was about to drink it , he heard sobbing from Jinyoung so he redirected the box back to him . Jinyoung  superimposed the way Namkyu used to try and feed him . in that brief moment , he cried like he had been holding back for far too long . 

He missed Namkyu so badly and wondered how he was doing . he hated being with this tornado called Yesang. All he desired was waking up to the smell of bread and red wine . Jinyoung always showered earlier than Namkyu and would wait with him as he made breakfast but he only ate his later after school. Now he wakes up to the same breakfast but it feels devoid of something like a familiarity

" carry on crying . that way your heart won't be suffocated by things it can't express", he consoled Jinyoung who carried on crying like a child  while he drank the juice .

'Kiddo! You are very young to be held by this beast . please escape !', Hyunki thought softly fearing to pat Jinyoung who looked very clean compared to him who seemed like he was just been exhumed. 

He had seen so many people brought to this mansion and they have all been social with him . Most were for sexual benefit or were abducted but all had a dirty aura to them that Jinyoung lacks and for that reason Hyunki seems to liken him to his young nephew, Sangon.

' lord , please don't let Yesang find Sangon and please let this boy leave before he longer has the option to choose ', he prayed for him .

***

” Aren’t you going home today ?”,   Garam asked Shiyang who responded that he just needs to finish a report before he heads out . 

Shiyang has officially turned Garam's desk into his own that no one even bothered to find one for him . Naturally he could have just used the Chief's office but he is still of a lower rank than that. 

He placed away his tablet and he turned full face to Garam who knot his eyebrows to him . Garam had been seating in the adjacent desk eating gummy bears

He placed all the pictures in front of Garam and then of Hyonson and Taeyeon . He then took out Jinyoung's and Namkyu's. The last picture was of a white page and aligned them all together .

" before you start , the only thing that wasn't used is a toothbrush . and of the vital organs remaining , the skin and bones are missing ", he spoke as a matter of a fact and Shiyang asked him if he knows what that means 

" there are two victims that have to die and something tells me that the first has already been picked ! ", he added and Garam smirked at him for this 

" and how do you suppose that is the case ? ", Garam hesitated but Shiyang didn't respond to him .

Shiyang shook his head and he pulled more files . He didn't have an answer.. Garam took out his phone and he begun to  some watch football in his phone because there was nothing he could do in the meantime . 

****

Yesang looked at the station and he waited until he was certain that he Gyeongja was leaving the station . He followed her while she headed home  .

She got on the train that lead to her apartment and it seemed she lived alone which was a bad move . 

He checked for the CCTV signals  in the area and there seemed to be only at reception for the building she was living in . He hacked that and replayed past recordings for the on-watcher . After he had done so , he waited about thirty-five minutes in his car before he picked a huge bundle of shopping bags and some cake with balloons and a humongous bouquet . Together with them , he held a clipboard then he hid his face in a mask and behind the large roses and he walked into the apartment.

" i am sorry sir but I have been asked to deliver these to Nahm Gyeongja . They are from a secret admirer . they were sent two weeks ago but there has been a delay ", Yesang spoke with an accent behind the gifts and the receptionist man said he will call to confirm those details .

After a few minutes , Gyeongja agreed for the gifts to be delivered since she finds it believable that Namkyu would have fancied her back then to buy gifts. the receptionist gave Yesang her room number and he journeyed there .

(Ten minutes later )

When she opened the door , Gyeongja was greeted by a large bundle of flowers , gift bag and more balloons.  She smiled heavily as she asked the ' delivery guy ' to place the objects down , inside her apartment .

Immediately as Yesang put them down ,  she gleefully went to them and started to touch them . He watched as she picked the bouquet and smelled it .Slowly Yesang begin to countdown from ten.  The roses smelled bland not because of what Yesang said but because he had sprayed anaesthesia and the devil's breath into the bouquet .

She picked the note and she tried to read it .

"Despite t-the c-cir-circumstances ...",

She stopped reading then she turned to look at Yesang but her vision was blurry but she managed to see that he was wearing a mask 

She broke towards the floor and she hit the table with her head before she fell face first onto the ground . In seconds she was already paralyzed .

Yesang who was dressed like a delivery man stood stationery without a single display of emotion . He took out some surgical gloves from his pockets and he thoughtlessly dragged her to the tub . he opened piping hot water and he carelessly dumped her inside. The tub filled quickly and he made sure all her limbs were submerged before he opened a small container and tossed an effervescent pill inside.

Afterwards he left and he went to the reception , as expected the man was unconscious. He had inhaled the anesthesia as he was answering the phone requesting for permission to let Yesang enter but what surprised Yesang was that he had foamed up . he checked his pulse to make sure he was dead and it was too low . He turned back to Gyeongja's apartment

He walked to the shopping bags , unearthed a surgical attire and he dressed in it. Following on he took out some surgical tools before he went to the bathroom.

He took out Gyeongja from the tub and he undressed her. Finally he did the thing he came here to do .

Three hours later , he walked put of the bathroom , to his gift bags. He undressed leaving him looking like a delivery man. He picked everything and left the apartment . 

He walked out the gifts and he went back to his stolen car . he drove off 

****

Garam walked to the cell that Namkyu was in and he unlocked the door . he then proceeded to undo the chains .

"Excuse me , am I free?", he asked not really understanding the cause of such an action but before long he aggressively dragged Namkyu outside .

Together they went back to the meeting room where everyone was gathered . Namkyu felt out of place because he was just simply a hot mess

He looked at everyone dressed in a shallow mood and he didn't quite understand what was the matter . he looked for a familiar face but what then interrupted by Garam's abrupt questioning 

"Are you looking for Gyeongja?", he asked with a very hoarse voice but Namkyu shook his head no.

"Well that is a relief because it would have been hard to talk to her without any skin", he sarcastically joked 

Namkyu protruded his eyes . By default he turned to the large projection screen and he gasped in disbelief.

There was a picture of human skin perfectly laid , in the next picture was a human with red skin exposed to the air almost the musculoskeletal models they use in anatomy classes but the last picture was the one that gave Namkyu the chills .

In what seemed to be blood were the letters , I WARNED YOU.  DIDN'T I? , written on the white bathroom walls 

He recalled that the doctor at the hospital told him that he would skin Gyeongja if she doesn't back off and he didn't need a lab-test to deduce that the blood on the wall was his own since he remembers that he was told that blood his blood would be used to paint it .

As he was still looking at that image , out of nowhere a punch landed across his face and before long another punch came . Chonhee was beating the life out of him for no abrupt reason . Minjun jumped to restrain her and she just cried as she was pulled back .

" She was skinned while she was still alive and that blood on the wall is a match ! A HUNDRED PERCENT MATCH FOR SOMEONE ", Bomsoek echoed

"How can you say I did it when I was locked here the whole time?", he screamed at Bomsoek

" Not yours, Jinyoung's ", Garam spoke with teeth clenched .

Namkyu kept quiet and he looked at Garam as if he was speaking parables .

" the CCTV was hacked , and the only witness we have is the receptionist who was found unconscious at the scene .this morning he experienced cardiac arrest from inhaling anesthesia mixed with cyanide . There is not a single witness left , not one ", Yeonghwan sobbed at the seriousness of the situation and that made Namkyu feel worse 

" when did she...", he failed to speak and that is when Bomsoek announced that it has been four days since she didn't come to work .

He felt dizzy ! He didn't know what to think and what to perceive of this . in three months , over twenty-nine suspicious deaths have occurred and all of them , there is only him to link to the case .

Chonhee shrugged off Minjun then stood facing Namkyu

" in case you are wondering , we don't have her skin . all these pictures were taken with her phone since most phones don't need you to unlock them for the camera . the phone was next to her body that was undressed , peeled and then redressed in her home clothes",  Chonhee tried not to cry but failed as did Namkyu

Jinyoung's blood! Gyeongja's skin !

' please don't let it be Jinyoung! Not again!'

0