Chapter 20
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍A knock came on the door and Jinyoung got up from the large sofa when he was passing time playing a game on Yesang`s laptop. He was initially reading about Hena but got bored 

He was still wearing a cleansing mask because he really doesn't like having his skin tainted with chemicals like those that came from the mask he was wearing . Yesang had some cleansing mask and knew that a box of ten can last him a while but that wont apply for Jinyoung who is obsessed with having clean skin. He used five masks yesterday and he he kept an overnight one but had changed it nearly three times . 

Ontop of that he has showered four times and took half an hour each time . Yesang had Waite for peach time but eventually just abated the plan when Jinyoung confessed that he while take a while . 

He opened the door and he found a tall male . The male exclaimed at the avocado mask but Jinyoung paid him no heed and he went back to the kitchen to grab some water. There was no need for formalities because Jinyoung has seen him during the plane ride here . One thing he didn't expect it is that he would look so much like he needs a lot of rehab and hydration.

"I thought he was joking about the face mask . anyway well done on what you did ", hyunsuk walked into the house carrying plastic bags with food inside. One of the other bags had a pharmacy label , installing that he had brought the skin care staff that Yesang reported had finished

He went towards the kitchen island and he placed everything down. This apartment is just an open-space with divisions only for the restrooms and the bedrooms. Otherwise every other place has clear view of the other. In Hyunsuk`s plastics were so much salad and clear juices . Yesang is a very picky eater and also doesn't like to eat just about anything which is why Hyunsuk has buy food like these

"I didn't get your name ",

" Jinyoung!"

" really ! I thought it was Jose ", he spoke and Jinyoung looked at him .

He held out a gift card and jinyoung hesitated to take it . Hyunsuk kept swing it in the air but jinyoung instead took the salad from the plastic and he went back to the sofa to watch movies on the laptop .

Hyunsuk leaned against the counter and he scanned him . he could tell that Jinyoung was still very young but he has the thought processing of an adult which he probably picked from his brother and that might explain why he was able to do what he had done. Hyunsuk has been in the field of the likes of Yesang enough to know that anyone who does a mission like this so quickly and coherently has definitely executed one before.

Despite how Yesang practically asks him for help with the mission and supplies like this , Yesang has not been open about Jinyoung . He didn't share any details about Jinyoung, not even his name . hyunsuk was rather surprised when Yesang mentioned that he is bringing someone to the mission and that someone turned out to be male and a very young male to be exact .

All in all, it is horrible and dangerous if Yesang keeps Jinyoung close him because that would mean he is living with a monster but what`s even worse is when Jinyoung himself is about to become one .

"Why are you here ?", Yesang emerged from the corridor and he was wearing formally as always .

No matter whether he has taken a shower or is about to go to bed, he is always wearing smart casual or simple formal . it is a very uptight dress code but it was his signature one  plus he looks good in it .

"I brought breakfast and this !", Hyunsuk showed him a gift card .

Yesang took it and then jinyoung handed him the laptop .

He entered the details and he read the contents .

"When did this come in?",

"A few days ago but I had to verify somethings", 

Hyunsuk looked at Yesang and then at Jinyoung who seemed curious .Hyunsuk looked back and forth the two males but was particularly interested in Yesang`s explanation

"He told me his name and said that you let him touch your guns", Hyunsuk mocked Yesang but Yesang ignored him all together as he was trying to understand what the contents were saying .

"Someone called a hit which is not good ", Hyunsuk told jinyoung but he was clueless.The way he said it was like he was lecturing a toddler.

"Don't tell him that !", Yesang answered .

He gave Jinyoung the laptop who jumped to it . Like a toddler , he immediately begun to search through but unfortunately the screen had been shifted to the tablet by the coffee table that Yesang already took

"You know, its not okay for you to have an associate ",Hyunsuk stated

"What they don't know won't hurt them !",Yesang answered in reference to the previous mission

"He isn't coming for this one . take him home ", he ordered and he left while he held the tablet in his other hand .

Jinyoung got pissed at Hyunsuk for suggesting that he leaves .

"Chin up kid ! ",

" don't call me that ! ", he hissed at Hyunsuk who was shocked by that . indeed Jinyoung was mad .

" he really can't keep bringing you to missions", 

"Why ? All 'they' want is a dead person and they don't necessarily have to know exactly how it was done ", Jinyoung lost his appetite .

"You are too young to understand . you should hanging out with Jose and not getting feisty  with wanting to murder someone ", he consoled him but Jinyoung was not listening to him .

After Yesang was out of sight , he looked at the picture that actually popped up on his screen . It was Sehu , Namkyu's ex . And it is clear whose call tis was .He didn't want it to be obvious to Jinyoung because he might want to do it and this time he might not get lucky . 

The short version of events is that Yesang was told to hurt those people and make it look accidental . But the other murders were not done by him . Under orders, he only ever hurt Hena, Minghwa, Mina  and Gyeongja . It was clear from the get-go that he is not the only one in this . He cant figure out whom is doing it but he knows it was whose order because that very same person is ordering him to complete the other missions. He is a bit uncomforted by this because he doesn't like to not have control. If he actually considers Sehu, it would be his fifth female that he seems like a blind order( random serial killing done by orders and feels like there is a pattern but there is no concrete evidence to support that )

(Two days later)

Namkyu had long took a leave of absence from work for two months and time was flying by very quickly .And to the irony of it, most of his time is spent at the police station

At current he was seating in the break room and he watched as the officers tried to join links from all sorts of recent suspicious murders . They were looking into accidents that were so far off the radar that it didn't even look anything like what Yesang would do .

A unit dealing with these recent suspicious murders have been formed and Minjun, Shiyang , Garam , Chohee , Chaewon and some transfer cop( to replace Gyeongja) are working it . Despite Shiyang being the official leader of the team , Garam is giving more orders than everyone else.  Today however , Garam is out following a lead on the murders .

Shiyang keeps asking Namkyu questions and Namkyu gives short responses . there is really not much explaining that needs to happen but then again it would be extremely foolish to act like that clarifies everything. All they know is that there is a maniac on the loose and they have to catch him but they really don't know anything because Yesang has never been sighted and never leaves any clues . Although they still think the killer is Jinyoung, they have kicked him off the suspects  and are looking at ex-convicts or any suspicious person that have been reported .

Namkyu  can vaguely recall what Yesang looks like because he met him so long ago at the trial . He could tell them that but it wouldn't be helpful .Another thing he wonders if he should tell them is that he has talked to Yesang but they are going to hate him since he knew that something would happen to Gyeongja before then. They might have even kept her safe ,plus Yesang also said that Namkyu can not tell anyone anymore

"Have a sandwich", Shiyang gave one to Namkyu but he declined it .

Shiyang looked at him looking so pitiful and he thought about the stress it must be on him .

Namkyu raised his eyes and found Shiyang looking at him . He didn't break contact for a while causing Namkyu to ask him what the problem was . he didn't say anything to him and he pulled his tablet and he gave it to him .

On the screen were the words written in blood .Namkyu panicked and that should from how he started to pick at his nail beds . 

"I don't..",

" You are going to answer my questions with this or this ", he shook and nodded his head . for some reason , it seemed like he didn`t  want the others to know what they are talking about .

"He is talking about something that you are not entirely confused of ", 

Namkyu nodded

" do you think that you have ever seen his face? ", 

Namkyu nodded

"So you remember it? ",

Namkyu shook his head

"Is there anything you would like to tell me ?", 

He hesitated and shook his head . there is no way he is telling him about the premeditation of Gyeongja.

He pulled the sandwich and he gave it to him . Namkyu was already tearing up and he ate the sandwich while crying . He felt guilty for Gyeongja`s passing because if he did report it , even if they didn't catch Yesang , they may have saved her . 

" the department said you can go home today . I will have someone take you back ", 

Out of nowhere , his tummy rumbled .He hasn't eaten a proper meal in weeks , his body has been on survival mode 

Shiyang and Namkyu drove into a drive-through. The food at the station isn't bad but it isn't good either. It takes a certain type of person to enjoy it . 

Shiyang came back and he gave Namkyu all the food. In no time , he launched his teeth into it and he swallowed everything . He ate like he was being chased and barely chewed some of that  before sending it down his throat. He wanted to cry at the lovely taste . it felt like his body was eating itself and right now he got to see paradise for the first time in a long time . He sniffed in and carried on pushing the fries and bugger into his mouth .

He looked away from Namkyu and focused on the tablet . Suddenly Namkyu offered him some fries while his face was brimming with oil. Shiyang declined because they looked dirty and like Namkyu has a far better use for them .

Namkyu and jinyoung have this strange trait of always offering people food even when they themselves are starving . actually Jinyoung started it and slowly Namkyu did it for his med school colleagues and Hyonson. It was probably for this reason that she liked him quickly and the same came can be said with his colleagues whom he hasn't seen ever since graduation. Immediately when he graduated , he took a specialist training in forensics

​​​​​​​

0