19th Pack: Special Class Tournament Arc: Finals Part 1
74 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-

Trading Game

19th Pack

Special Class Tournament Arc: Finals Part 1

-

“And now ladies and gentlemen, the next match has been decided!” The teacher said through the microphone, his voice ringing all around the colosseum and highthening the hype that the crowd had as they cheered.

“We have the winners of the first round! The two astounding duelists who were able to best the genius, Edo Phoenix, and his partner Mamoru Noro, Mei and Serena!” 

The cheers that resounded in the colosseum heightened as the two purplettes walked onto the stage, both doing their best to keep a calm composure under all the eyes that were on them.

“And the ones that will be facing them are the winners of the second round! The pair of duelists who managed to defeat the twins Gloria Tyler and Grace Tyler who were known for their infamy of tag dueling, Fubuki Tenjoin and Ryo Marufuji!”

The crowd cheered equally as loud at the appearance of the two young boys, though it seemed that more came from the girls rather than the boys that were present in the colosseum. Fubuki, as usual, gave his cheery smile and waved back to the audience, while Ryo simply remained silent, though he did give a small wave back.

“Ahh, I can’t believe that we lost that~” She heard a voice say from behind her, and she craned her neck to see that it was none other than the silver haired girl who had, as she herself had just said, lost the previous match.

“Indeed. And here I had thought that it would have at least taken more from them to defeat us.” Gloria groaned as she took a seat on one of the many empty seats of the venue, with Grace sitting beside her.

“Oh, good work out there.” She said welcoming the two back. “It was a great duel overall though, you even managed to build quite the board.” For the standards of this world that is, but then again, that was also probably the best showing of an Amazoness deck that she had seen, even if it probably could have been better.

Grace let out a sigh as she rested her head on her hand. “Mou Yuuna, you say something like that but that Ryo easily defeated us you know!” She said aloud with a pout.

Gloria herself seemed to be in deep thought, not even chiding her twin when she began to whine about how annoying Ryo and his high and mighty attitude was. After a few seconds to organize her thoughts, the golden haired duelists turned towards her.

“Yuuna, if possible could you teach us what we did wrong in that match? And if you don’t mind could you give us some more help in thinking of a strategy to defeat both Ryo and Fubuki if we were to duel again?” She asked her.

Grace’s eyes went wide and came closer to her, mere inches from her face even, with her hands in front of her chest. “Yeah, yeah! Help us Yuuna! You helped us with remodeling our decks and gave us cards like Onslaught and all, so you could definitely help us find a way to defeat Ryo right!?”

“Ah, well, I could probably give you a pointer or two I guess.” She said, pushing the silver haired girl away gently. “But later, for now let's focus on the duel. There, it’s already started.” She said pointing towards the centre of the colosseum, where as she said, the two pairs of duelists had brandished their duel disks and started their match.

“”DUEL!!””

Fubuki Tenjoin & Ryo Marufuji: 8000LP

Mei & Serena: 8000LP

“Alright! I’ll be going first!” Fubuki declared excitedly, going first and not drawing to begin his turn. The brown haired boy took a glance at the five cards that he had in his hands, and began his play of the turn.

“I’ll start with the spell, Cards of the Red Stone!” He said, revealing and activating the draw spell, a card that he had opened with two games in a row. “It lets me send one Level 7 ‘Red-Eyes’ monster from my hand to the graveyard to draw two cards, then I can send another Level 7 ‘Red-Eyes’ monster from my deck to the graveyard!”

Fubuki then revealed a card in his hand, that being the gemini version of the card in question. “I’ll discard Red-Eyes Black Flare Dragon from my hand to the graveyard to draw two, and I’ll also send a copy of Red-Eyes Black Dragon from my deck to the graveyard!” 

Fubuki then drew two cards, replenishing his hand, and continued with his turn. “Now I’ll activate the spell, Red-Eyes Insight!” The brown haired boy placed the card on his duel disk’s sword projection, and the holographic projection shone on the field.

“This card lets me send one ‘Red-Eyes’ monster from my hand or deck to the graveyard, to add one ‘Red-Eyes’ spell or trap from my deck to my hand except ‘Red-Eyes Insight’!” He declared, explaining the card’s effect and choosing the card that he would send to the grave and add to his hand.

“I’ll be sending Red-Eyes Wyvern from my deck to the graveyard, and I’ll add Red-Eyes Fusion from my deck to my hand!” He said with a grin as he added his deck’s archetypal fusion spell to his hand, along with milling a card that would reborn a Red-Eyes in the end phase.

Fubuki then raised his right hand high, holding the card that he had just added to his hand with Insight. “Now I’ll activate the spell, Red-Eyes Fusion!” He said as he slammed the card onto his duel disk, its holographic counterpart appeared on the field and shone

“This card lets me Fusion Summon one Fusion Monster that lists a ‘Red-Eyes’ monster as material from my Extra Deck using monsters from my hand, deck, or field as fusion materials! And if I do, it’s name becomes ‘Red-Eyes Black Dragon’, but I can’t normal or special summon for the rest of the turn!” He explained the card’s effect once more, and showed the two materials that he would use for the fusion.

“I’ll Fuse Red-Eyes Black Dragon and Gearfried the Iron Knight from my deck!” The brown haired duelist declared the two fusion targets, and they both appeared on the field, the red eyed dragon letting out a roar as the black armoured knight swung its blade arm, with Fubuki himself raising his hands high.

“O black dragon with eyes of red! Together with the black knight of iron, combine your powers and be reborn anew!” He completed the chant as he swung his arms down. “Fusion Summon! Descend! Red-Eyes Slash Dragon!”

The moment Ryo completed the summoning chant, a roar emanated in the colosseum, and a armoured dark dragon descended from the sky, its body garbed in sleek black armor with red orbs and a pair of extremely sharp blades in its arms, its wings spread wide, creating an incredibly ferocious look.

Red-Eyes Slash Dragon - Dark/Dragon/Fusion/Level 7/Effect: 2800/2400

The dragon then glowed, the silhouette of the original red eyed black dragon appearing behind it as it let out a silent roar, an indication that the Fusion Monster was treated as Red-Eyes Black Dragon as it was summoned with Red-Eyes Fusion.

Red-Eyes Black Dragon - Dark/Dragon/Fusion/Level 7/Effect: 2800/2400

“Now I’ll set two cards face-down.” He said as two face-down cards appeared behind the fusion summoned dragon. “And with that, I’ll end my turn.” And with that, Fubuki ended his turn with a Fusion Summoned monster whose targeting protection wasn’t online, two backrow, and with three cards remaining in hand.

Her eyes narrowed as her brain racked up the possible set cards that he would have to summon Red-Eyes Slash Dragon out of all the other targets that he could have summoned, and concluded that one of those sets must be none other than Red-Eyes Fang With Chain. 

After all he was going against Mei, whose Boss Monster of choice was a monster that specifically targets to banish, something that his Red-Eyes Slash Dragon could protect against should it have a card equipped to it.

Which means that he would at the very least have a disruption to some of Mei’s plays through Red-Eyes Fang With Chain, though the targeting protection effect itself wouldn’t matter if Mei chains both effects of ABC-Dragon Buster at her opponents turn.

“Alright then, my turn!” The violet haired girl said, placing her hand over her duel disk. “I’ll draw!” She shouted as she drew her card for turn, starting with six cards in hand as all those that goes second does.

She briefly ruffled through the cards she had on hand. Seemingly deciding on which play she should go for in this matchup against Fubuki and Ryo. The small girl wondered whether or not should she go on the offensive or defensive, remembering how much of a punch that Ryo’s own deck holds.

She of course, was quite worried at the two set cards that sits behind the red eyed Fusion Monster, the possibility that one of the cards that he sets being Red-Eyes Fang With Chain was quite high, why else would he summon Red-Eyes Slash Dragon?

But she had a way to circumvent that problem, after all, her deck was something that she and Serena had made with the intention of defeating Yuuna in mind after all. And so she started her play, taking a card from the six cards in her hand and playing it.

“I’ll normal summon Jinzo - Jector!” She declared as she summoned the machine monster onto her side of the field, the goggles wearing cyborg appearing and releasing white sparks of electricity from his cables.

Jinzo - Jector - Dark/Machine/Level 4/Effect: 800/2000

The eyes of Fubuki widened a bit at seeing the monster that Mei had normal summoned, while Ryo narrowed his eyes as his brain started to think of the choice of card that the violet haired girl would run.

It was a choice that was quite smart now that he thought of it, Jinzo itself was an infamous card known to be able to negate the effects of trap cards while it was on the field, and although quite small, it does have some cards that could help summon the monster onto the field. 

Mei herself uses a deck of mostly Machine-type monsters, and her own deck doesn’t rely heavily on traps and so does Serena, and he doesn’t doubt that she could summon her own Boss Monster without the need of a normal summon.

Which means that against Fubuki who in contrast, does rely on his trap cards, it would be a card that was extremely advantageous when played against them. 

“Fubuki!” He shouted his partner’s name.

“Yeah! No need to tell me!” The brown haired boy responded to his call with a grin on his face, though the playfulness that he held was turned to seriousness. “I’ll activate the trap card, Armory Call! And I’ll chain it with the continuous trap, Return of the Red-Eyes!”

The two backrow cards were then revealed, with none of them being the card that the violet haired girl had been cautious of. “If I control a ‘Red-Eyes’ monster, Return of the Red-Eyes lets me target one Normal Monster in the graveyard and special summon it!” Fubuki explained.

“I’ll special summon Red-Eyes Black Flare Dragon in defence position!” With that said, the flaming red eyed dragon was summoned onto the field, being summoned in defence position as a wall of protection against battle damage. 

Red-Eyes Black Flare Dragon - Dark/Dragon/Level 7/Effect: 2400/2000

“And now Armory Call’s effect!” Ryo continued for his partner, resolving the chain of effects that were activated in response to the summon of Jinzo - Jector. “This card allows us to add one Equip Spell from our deck to our hand, then we can equip it to one appropriate monster that we control!”

Fubuki then added an Equip Spell with the trap’s effect, and showed it to both girls that he was facing against. “I’ll add the Equip Spell, Power of the Guardian! And I’ll equip it to Red-Eyes Slash Dragon!”

Saying so, the Equip Spell was then equipped to the Fusion Monster, and with that the monster’s targeting protection was now online.

“Ah, I see. So he’s playing goodstuffs that could circumvent Slash Dragon’s weakness if he were to go first huh.” She mumbled aloud as she watched the duel went on, finding the reason as to why Fubuki would run such a card.

Equip Spells were quite notorious for being bad, just as bad as Ritual Monsters unless we talk about Drytron, Nekroz and Megalith to some extent, as some inherently minus the player, and thus cards were printed to support them appropriately, some of them being extremely broken in certain scenarios.

Having support cards like Gear Breed, Armory Call, Hidden Armory, and some few archetypes that generically supports Equip Spells like the Noble Knights, there have been some Equip Cards that are quite notorious.

And in a playground format, Power of the Guardian was one of those extremely strong cards. 

Mei’s only form of non battle removal includes cards that target, be it her ABC-Dragon Buster, Ignition Beast Volcannon and even Panzer Dragon, were all cards that needs to target.

But with a card equipped to it, Red-Eyes Slash Dragon would be able to negate the activation and destroy the card, which was at the very least one form of interaction. 

Should Mei choose to go the battle phase and attack, the Power of the Guardian’s effect would trigger as a battle was declared involving the monster that it was equipped to and gaining a counter, giving Slash Dragon an increase in attack that would put it higher than ABC-Dragon Buster, and also battle and effect protection.

Not a bad play overall, and while it wasn’t as disruptive as having Red-Eyes Fang With Chain, it was an acceptable play. Even if he were to hard draw the Equip Spell, Power of the Guardian was still a pretty good card overall.

“I’ll activate Jinzo - Jector’s effect!” The violet haired duelist declared, pointing towards the monster on her field. “While on the field, it becomes treated as ‘Jinzo’, and I can tribute this card to add one ‘Jinzo’ monster from my deck to my hand except another copy of itself!”

Mei then took a card from her deck, and showed it for everyone to see. “I’ll add Jinzo to my hand, and with Jinzo - Jector’s effect, I can then reveal all set cards in your spell and trap zones, and if there is a trap card among them, I can special summon ‘Jinzo’ monsters from my hand up to the number of traps that you have on field!”

“And since she had just added a Jinzo to hand, and since Fubuki does have Return of the Red-Eyes on board, it would special summon it.” She also noted how the effect of Jector had changed slightly from summoning a number of ‘Jinzo’ monsters up to the number of trap cards revealed by its effects, but in this case it was a plus since all the set cards that Fubuki has were already flipped face-up.

“Since you have one face-up continuous trap on the field, I can special summon one ‘Jinzo’ from my hand! I’ll special summon Jinzo in attack position!” She then placed the monster card on her duel disk, and the armoured physic appeared on her field in place of it’s smaller counterpart, standing while glaring at the armoured red eyed dragon while crossing its arms.

Jinzo - Dark/Machine/Level 6/Effect: 2400/1500

“Whoah! She managed to easily summon Jinzo!” Grace said with wide eyes as she saw the Machine Monster easily make its way onto the girl’s side of the board. The silver haired girl then adopted a thoughtful look on her face.

“But why would she run a card like Jinzo in her deck? I don’t think that it fits the theme that her deck has at all…” Her golden haired twin also nodded to her question, seemingly also questioning why Mei would use such a card in her deck.

“It’s a meta call.” She informed them as she watched the match carefully, to which she got a pair of confused looks, a raised eyebrow in Yuri’s case at her choice of wording, in response to her simple answer. 

“As you both know, Jinzo is a card that can easily turn off one third of the card in the game, specifically trap card, something that’s incredibly common in our decks specifically, especially the cards that we use to generate advantage.” She elaborated.

She pointed to herself, and continued the explanation. “For my own Dragonmaid deck, it’s the continuous trap, Dragonmaid Downtime that would let me add a ‘Dragonmaid’ card from my deck and bouncing Dragonmaid monsters I have, and could also bounce a spell or trap my opponents control.”

She continued explaining, this time pointing towards the twins. “And in both of your cases, it’s Amazoness Onslaught, which would let you special summon an ‘Amazoness’ monster from your hand once per turn during the battle phase, giving it a small boost in attack, and banish any monsters that battles your ‘Amazoness’ monsters.”

“And including Fubuki’s own Red-Eyes Fang With Chain, they’re all strong cards that are traps. And since they’re all trap cards, if she has Jinzo, she could counter it all.” Yuri deduced, to which she nodded.

“As I said, it was a meta call. A card that she added to her deck in order to specifically counter the cards that we would use in this tournament and certain matchups.” It was probably a card that she had sideboarded into after seeing that she would be facing Fubuki and Ryo, though she personally wouldn’t use it as the only meaningful card that it turns off in this match up was Red-Eyes Fang With Chain.

That, and she’s running a machine deck against Cyber Dragons, a deck that has a huge punish against that kind of deck. And she was more than sure that Ryo was running the card in his Extra Deck.

“I’ll now activate the spell, Fusion Deployment!” The violet haired girl declared as the holographic projection of the card appeared before her. “This card allows me to reveal one Fusion Monster in my Extra Deck and special summon from my hand or deck, one of the Fusion Materials whose name is specifically listed on that card!”

“However, I cannot special summon monsters other than Fusion Monsters from my Extra Deck this turn.” The case of her duel disk then opened, and Mei took out a card from her Extra Deck slot and revealed it, the card of course was her Ace Monster. “I’ll reveal ABC-Dragon Buster, and I’ll special summon B-Buster Drake from my deck in attack position!”

Placing the card on her board, the metallic green drake then appeared on the girls’ side of the field, carrying its twin cannons on its back as it stood in front of the violet haired girl that had summoned it.

B-Buster Drake - Light/Machine/Union/Level 4/Effect: 1500/1800

“And I’ll activate quick-play spell, Unauthorized Reactivation!” Mei said as she activated the quick-play spell in sequence. “This quick-play spell allows me to target one Machine Monster that I control and equip one appropriate Machine Union Monster from my hand or deck to that monster, but the Union Monster that I equipped with this effect cannot be special summoned this turn!”

Pointing towards the appropriate Machine Monster on her field, Mei decided on the target and the card that she would equip it with, going along her usual combo line. “I’ll target B-Buster Drake! And I’ll equip it with Union Driver!”

The Futuristic machine then appeared behind the metallic green drake, its rider jumping out from the car as it appeared. And Mei then continued through her combo. “I’ll now activate the effect of Union Driver!” She declared.

“While it’s treated as an Equip Card, I can banish it, and equip one Level 4 or lower appropriate Union Monster from my deck to the monster that this was equipped to!” Mei then took a card from her deck, and revealed the card that she had taken.

“I’ll equip C-Crush Wyvern to B-Buster Drake!” The golden machine then disappeared from the place, in its place was the purple winged mechanical wyvern, who began docking with the green drake, making it immune to trap effects.

“And now, I’ll activate the spell, Shaddoll Fusion!” She declared, activating a card that she most definitely did not think of to splash in a deck that was as tightly knit as Mei’s. 

“This card allows me to Fusion Summon one ‘Shaddoll’ Fusion Monster from my Extra Deck, using monsters from my hand or field as fusion materials. However, if my opponent controls a monster that was special summoned form the Extra Deck, I can also use monsters in my deck as fusion materials!”

She then picked the monsters that she would use as fusion materials, taking a card from her deck and showing it to her opponents. “I’ll fuse B-Buster Drake on my field with Shaddoll Dragon from my deck!”

The two monsters that she had designated as fusion materials then floated upwards, both the metallic green wyvern which was equipped with the purple drake, and the string tied corrupted dragon

Mei clamped her hands together, and brought them down, not performing any sort of chant to summon the monster. “Fusion Summon! Appear! El Shaddoll Construct!” She held her hand out, and the mechanical fairy appeared on the field, standing like a giant doll that towered over even the red eyed dragon, its mask-like face emotionless as threads of light emitted from her.

El Shaddoll Construct - Light/Fairy/Fusion/Level 8/Effect: 2800/2500

While a roar erupted from the crowd at another Fusion Monster making its way onto the field, she sat on her seat and wondered. Did she opt out of the small Volcanic engine knowing that most of her other monsters doesn’t out the monsters that Fubuki and Ryo have?

Red-Eyes Slash Dragon has targeting protection, and by far it was the Red-Eyes Fusion Monster that has the most utility, barring the monstrosity that was Dragoon of course. But every other Red-Eyes Fusion Monster, along with most of the CYber Dragon Fusions that exist has an attack that was higher than ABC-Buster Dragon, so what would she do in a situation where both Slash with a targeting protection and a high attack monster on the field?

She had run cards like Panzer Dragon and Ignition Beast Volcannon as other means of removal, and as combo extenders to send the pieces for ABC-Buster Dragon to the graveyard if she hard draws the Polymerization. 

But those were cards that needed to target to activate their effects, something that Slash protects though, and those monsters certainly do not have enough attack to destroy the monsters through battle.

El Shaddoll Construct however, can fill that role, being a Shaddoll Fusion Monster that requires a Shaddoll Monster and one Light Monster, it could also be an extender that would fit where XYZ or Link Monsters would be in a modern ABC Deck.

And instead of the small Volcanic package that would at most result in one removal and some discard fodder, the small Shaddoll package that she runs would probably generate more advantage.

“Now I’ll activate the effect of El Shaddoll Construct, C-Crush Wyvern, B-Buster Drake and Shaddoll Dragon ,all in sequence!” She declared, activating the effects in one long chain of activation.

“If Shaddoll Dragon is sent to the graveyard by a card effect, I get to target one spell or trap on the field and destroy it!” She declared, explaining the effect. “I’ll target the Red-Eyes Slash Dragon!”

Ah, so she’s using Dragon as spot removal, that’s a choice. It isn’t ABC-Dragon Buster who’s on field, so even if it’s negated it won’t minus her if it’s negated, and Fubuki’s only move right now it to use Slash’s effect which would remove Power of the Guardians from the field, leaving it vulnerable to battle and Construct.

Fubuki, of course, saw this as well, and grimaced. “I’ll activate Red-Eyes Slash Dragon’s effect!” He declared in response. “When a card or effect is activated that targets a card that I control, as a Quick Effect, I can send one Equip Card that I control to the graveyard and negate the activation, and destroy it!”

He sent Power of the Guardians, the only Equip Spell that he had on board as cost, and negated the effect, leaving Red-Eyes Slash Dragon without any protection whatsoever.

“Next off, B-Buster Drake lets me add one Union Monster from my deck to my hand when its sent from the field to the graveyard, and I’ll add A-Assault Core to my hand!” Saying so, she added the monster card to her hand, and continued to resolve the chain.

“Now C-Crush Wyvern’s effect! If it’s sent from the field to the graveyard, I get to special summon one Union Monster from my hand! I’ll special summon my added A-Assault Core!” As she said, the mechanical orange machine appeared on her side of the field.

A-Assault Core - Light/Machine/Union/Level 4/Effect: 1900/200

“Now El Shaddoll Construct’s effect!” Mei continued, resolving the last of the effects in the chain. “If this card is special summoned, I can send one ’Shaddoll’ card from my deck to the graveyard.” 

Done explaining Construct’s on summon effect, Mei chose the card that she would mill with the effect. “The card that I will send, is Naelshaddoll Ariel!” She declared, sending the main deck water Shaddoll monster to the grave to activate its effect.

And sure enough, she realized that this too, was a card that was meant to be used against her, and smiled. “I see, so it’s like that.” She murmured as she nodded her head at the plays that Mei was performing.

“Naelshaddoll Ariel’s effect!” The violet haired duelist declared. “If this card is sent to the graveyard by a card effect, I can target up to three cards in either player's graveyard, and banish them!”

Mei then declared the three cards that she would select as targets of Ariel’s effect, and as she predicted, it was all three cards that were quite needed in Fubuki’s graveyard. “I’ll banish Gearfried the Red-Eyes Iron Knight, Red-Eyes Wyvern, and one Red-Eyes Black Dragon!”

The brown haired duelist could only stand with a bead of sweat going down his head as he saw the three cards that were needed for his set up and plans on the crackback being banished, leaving him with a shaky smile.

“Now I’ll banish A-Assault Core from my field, and both B-Buster Drake and C-Crush Wyvern in my graveyard for a Contact Fusion!” She declared, continuing for the end part of her combo. “I’ll summon ABC-Dragon Buster!”

The three machine monsters appeared on her field, docking and interlocking with one another, and forming Mei’s current deck’s signature Boss Monster, that being the two headed mechanical marvel that was ABC-Dragon Buster.

ABC-Dragon Buster- Light/Machine/Fusion/Level 8/Effect: 3000/2800

She did some simple mental maths, and muttered out. “That’s almost lethal.” As she realized that right now, Mei could not end the match with the amount of damage that she has on board, as even if she launched an assault with all her monsters, Fubuki and Ryo would still have some Life Points remaining. 

“I’ll activate the effect of ABC-Buster Dragon!” Mei declared, activating her Fusion Monster’s Quick Effect. “Once per turn, as a Quick Effect, I can discard one card, then target one card on the field and banish it!”

Saying so, she pointed towards the one monster that right now stood between her and victory. “I’ll discard Union Scramble, and target Red-Eyes Slash Dragon to banish it!” She shouted.

With the command given, the Machine Fusion Monster fired its special salvo, banishing the red eyed Fusion Monster from the field as Ryo had nothing to respond in turn, and leaving his board with only a single monster on board.

”Now, battle!” Mei continued to declare, moving on towards the Battle Phase. “I’ll attack your Red-Eyes Black Flare Dragon with my El Shaddoll Construct!” She said as she waved forward with vigour, commanding the Fairy Fusion Monster to attack.

The construct obeyed, shooting it’s purple strings towards to burning black dragon, not even activating it’s Catastor-like effect as it destroyed the monster simply with its high attack that overpowered the monster’s defence.

“Now I’ll attack with my remaining monsters!” She continued on, declaring an attack with the other monsters that she had on board, intending to lower the Life Points that her opponents has, and putting them close to lethal.

But as it turns out, she wouldn’t be able to chip those damage in. “I’ll activate the effect of Swift Scarecrow in my hand!” Fubuki declared, revealing one of the three cards that still remained in his hand. 

“When an opponent’s monster declares a direct attack, as a Quick Effect, I can discard this card to negate that attack and then end the Battle Phase!” Saying so, the brown haired duelist discarded the monster in his hand, and with that ended the Battle Phase.

And with no cards left in hand as she moved onto Main Phase 2, Mei could do nothing but end her turn. “... I’ll end my turn.” She said reluctantly as she ended her turn with two Fusion Monster and Jinzo, with no remaining card in hand and no backrow whatsoever.

“Now then, it’s my turn.” Ryo said as the turn player switched to him. “I’ll draw.” Drawing his card of the turn, the blue haired duelist started his own turn with six cards in hand.

“I’ll activate the effect of Union Scramble in my graveyard!” Mei declared, activating the graveyard effect of the trap that she had discarded for cost in the previous turn. “During either player's turn except the turn this card was sent to the graveyard, I can banish this card from my graveyard to target one of my banished Light Machine Normal Monster or Light Machine Union Monster, and return that card to my hand!”

She then took a card from that was banished and showed it as she added it to hand. “I’ll add the banished B-Buster Drake to my hand!” Now with a card in hand, Mei now had a disruption in the form of ABC-Dragon Buster’s banishing effect online.

Seeing that Ryo narrowed his eyes as he glanced at the cards he had on hand, thinking of the ways that he could possibly use as an out for this specific situation that he and Fubuki had been cornered to.

Soon enough the blue haired duelist decided on his first move, that being summoning his signature monster. “I’ll special summon Cyber Dragon from my hand!” He said as he summoned the Light Machine Monster from his hand with it’s innate summoning condition as only Mei has monsters on her side of the field.

Cyber Dragon - Light/Machine/Level 5/Effect: 2100/1600

And it was at this moment, that a huge turning point for the duel happened. As a player who knows the ceiling of a Cyber Dragon deck, but not all of it’s ins and outs, Mei had thought of banishing the Cyber Dragon on the board with the effect of ABC-Dragon Buster.

But she had opted not to.

After all, she knew that Ryo’s deck was what Yuuna would call a ‘combo deck’, and as she had seen from the last match, it was a deck that could summon a monster with an incredibly high attack, though it seemed to not have any kind of innate protection whatsoever.

And so, in preparation of dealing with such a card like Cyber End Dragon, Mei had opted to hold her singular form of disruption, intending to use said effect when Ryo would summon one of his stronger monsters.

And that, was no doubt, the biggest mistake of the match.

“Now I’ll Contact Fuse my Cyber Dragon, your Jinzo, and your ABC-Dragon Buster!” He declared as the silver mechanical dragon let out a roar as it held its head upwards towards the sky, and fused with the other Machine Monsters on the field.

“W-what!?” Mei shouted aloud with widened eyes as she saw most of her board and remaining form of disruption being removed before it could even activate its effects or activate it’s tag out effect. 

“Appear! Chimeratech Fortress Dragon!” He declared as he waved his arms forward, and the giant mechanical purple dragon appeared behind him, it’s large dragonic head pointing towards the two girls he was facing along with it’s circular body.

Chimeratech Fortress Dragon - Dark/Machine/Fusion/Level 8/Effect: 0/0

“Chimeratech Fortress Dragon can be special summoned from my Extra Deck by sending it’s fusion materials from either field to the graveyard.” He stated, explaining the monster’s summoning requirement. 

Mei scowled as she heard that, no doubt figuring out how that singular card was an out and a perfect counter to her entire board. The crowd cheered wildly at the spectacle, amazed at the singular move that had easily removed all but one monster on Mei and Serena’s field, while also putting a body on Fubuki and Ryo’s side of the board.

“When Chimeratech Fortress Dragon is special summoned, I send all other cards that I control to the graveyard.“ Ryo explained the monster's on summon effect, sending all other cards that were on his side of the field to the graveyard.

And as it turns out, there was a synergy in that self board wipe too. “Alright! I’ll activate the effect of Return of the Red-Eyes!” Fubuki declared as he pumped his fist. “If this card is sent to the graveyard by a card effect, we can target one ‘Red-Eyes’ in the graveyard or banish zone, and special summon it!”

Another deviation, she noted. The Return of the Red-Eyes that she remembers only triggers when it’s destroyed and sent to the graveyard by the opponent’s card effect, but it seems that it’s floating effect is far more lenient in this version, that and it could even return banished cards too, quite the strong floating effect, that.

“I’ll special summon Red-Eyes Slash Dragon.” Ryo declared, and the armoured red eyed dragon returned onto the field, letting out it’s loud roar asit unfurled its large wings and readied its blades.

Red-Eyes Slash Dragon - Dark/Dragon/Fusion/Level 7/Effect: 2800/2400

It doesn’t have it’s targeting protection effect, and the target that it would have for its attacking effect was also banished, but it was a body with a moderately high attack on the field.

But still, those two cards could not out the Fusion Monster that was El Shaddoll Construct, a card that was quite forbidale against Cyber Dragons, or rather Ryo’s current iteration of the deck, does not run an Extra Deck out to the monster as he doesn’t have an Infinity that could simply suck it up and turn it into an overlay unit, and Cybernetic Overflow would need a turn as its a trap card. 

The only outs that she knew Ryo had were none other than Eltanin and Dark Hole, both cards that would also wipe his own field. Though she doesn’t know if he does run any forms of spot removal.

“Now I’ll normal summon Cyber Dragon Core!” The blue haired duelist said, placing another card on his duel disk, and the skeletal frame of the titular Cyber Dragon appeared, standing next to the other monsters that were on his field.

Cyber Dragon Core - Light/Machine/Level 2/Effect: 400/1500

“Cyber Dragon Core’s effect!” He declared, activating the monster’s on summon search effect. “If this card is normal summoned, I can add one ‘Cyber’ spell or trap from my deck to my hand!”

He then took a card from his deck, and revealed the card to his opponents. “I’ll add Cyber Repair Plant from my deck to my hand!” So he said as he added the spell card to his hand, and continued with his turn.

“Now I’ll activate the spell, Machine Duplication!” He declared loudly as he activated the spell, a move that would explain the reason as to why he would choose to add Cyber Repair Plant rather than Cyber Emergency.

He’s planning to fill his graveyard to the brim with cards and then recover one, does that mean that he has a fusion spell already in hand? Is it a normal Poly or is it Power Bond? Or could it be that he had Overload Fusion in hand? Though the latter option would be counterproductive with Cyber Repair Plant as it would shuffle material back to the deck…

As she kept thinking of the possible cards that were still unknown, Ryo explained the use of the card that he had activated. “This card allows me to target one Machine monster that I control with 500 or less attack, and special summon up to two monsters from my deck with the same name as the face-up monster!”

“Cyber Dragon Core gets treated as ‘Cyber Dragon’ while it’s in the field or graveyard!” Fubuki said with a grin as he motioned towards the silver skeletal machine. “Which means with the effect of Machine Duplication-”

“I can special summon two Cyber Dragons from my deck!” With the activation of the spell card, Ryo had filled his entire field with monsters, the pair of cybernetic dragons appearing beside him.

Cyber Dragon - Light/Machine/Level 5/Effect: 2100/1600

Cyber Dragon - Light/Machine/Level 5/Effect: 2100/1600

“Now I’ll activate the spell, Power Bond!” And as she had expected, Ryo did in fact, have a fusion spell on hand, and was aiming to try and end the game here and now. “With this card, I will Fusion Summon one Machine Fusion Monster from my Extra Deck using monsters from my hand or field as fusion materials!”

 With a wave of his hand, Ryo motioned to the monsters that he would use as materials for his Fusion Summon. “I’ll fuse Cyber Dragon Core which is treated as Cyber Dragon, and one of the Cyber Dragon that I control on field!”

As he declared so, the two monsters were absorbed into the cortex of blue lightning, both of the monsters letting out a roar before being fused into one singular monster in a flash. “Fusion summon! Come, Cyber Twin Dragon!”

The monster that appeared was a gigantic two headed Cyber Dragon, with two different heads that was pulsing with purple electricity as it made its way onto the field, each letting out their respective mechanical roars.

Cyber Twin Dragon - Light/Machine/Level 8/Fusion/Effect: 2800/2100

“And with the effect of Power Bond, Cyber Twin Dragon gains attack equal to its original attack!” He declared the attack boosting effect of the fusion spell. “However, during the End Phase of the turn this card is activated, I will take damage equal to the amount of attack gained from this effect at the time of the summon.”

Sparks of electricity sparked along the twin-headed mechanical dragon, it’s two heads letting out a loud mechanical roar as its attack was doubled, becoming the monster with the highest attack in the field. 

Cyber Twin Dragon - Light/Machine/Level 8/Fusion/Effect: 5600/2100

But although it does boast an attack that could bulldoze through most monsters in the game, it was not a card that could out El Shaddoll Construct.

Which reminded her of another tidbit that was basically bull, which was the inability of the players unable to read the card text of the other player’s cards, something that she circumvented with her System and her own knowledge.

 She knew that Shaddolls were already released during the Pendulum Era, heck, she was quite sure that both Winda and Construct had been limited and or banned at one point of 2015, though the card was released in an incredibly high rarity at the start, which means that it was all but impossible to get in this world.

Which probably means that Ryo probably doesn’t know of Construct’s effect, which does not bode well for him.

“Battle!” He declared, moving onto the Battle Phase and intending to try and finish the game. “I’ll attack your El Shaddoll Construct with Chimeratech Fortress Dragon!” He said as he declared an attack with the monster whose effect was different from the original version that she knew.

“If Chimeratech Fortress Dragon attacks, Damage Calculation is not applied, and it can attack your monsters for each fusion material that was used for its Fusion Summon! For each time this card attacks, it inflicts 400 points of damage!” He explained the monster’s effect.

The purple mechanical monster that stood behind Ryo unfurled it’s circular body, multiple heads of Cyber Dragons appearing across its body, and it started to charge up its attack that would inflict burn damage.

Ah, but in the eternal confusing ruling that was the Damage Step and its sequences, The Damage Step happens before Damage Calc. Which means that the effect of El Shaddoll Construct’s effect to destroy at the start of the Damage Step happens first.

“El Shaddoll Construct’s effect activates!” Mei declared loudly, seemingly also understanding the sequencing of the effect activations. “At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles a special summoned monster, I can destroy that monster! Shadow Construct!”

Ryo’s eyes widened as he heard the Fusion Monster’s effect, realizing that the monster was virtually something that he could not out with his current board of monsters. The Fairy Fusion Monster releasing light purple hard light strings that attached itself onto Chimeratech Fortress Dragon, constricting it and turning it into mere particles of light after a glorious explosion.

Fubuki and Ryo held up their hands up to protect themselves from the resulting explosion, both looking with wide eyes at the singular Fusion Monster that still stood tall in their opponent’s field.

“I-it has that kind of effect!?” Fubuki shouted aloud, the constant smile that usually adorned his face trembled ever so slightly as his mind raced, thinking of the possible ways that his current deck of cards could do to out the card that he was currently facing.

He turned to look towards his blue haired partner, who still looked confident despite the odds had turned against them as they realized the danger that El Shaddoll Construct represents against decks whose main form of removal was none other than battle.

Ryo himself sweated quite a bit as he checked the rest of the cards in his hands, deciding on the next move that he would perform in the duel, moving past the Battle Phase and onto Main Phase 2.

“I’ll set two cards face-down, and I’ll end my turn.” Ryo said, setting a card face-down in his spell and trap zone as he ended his turn with a board of high attack monsters and a single card left in his hand, which was none other than the Cyber Repair Plant that he had added with Core.

“At the end of the turn, the effect of Power Bond activates.” Ryo said reluctantly with a frown, and received burn damage equal to the amount of attack that his Fusion Monster gained thanks to its effect, which was none other than 2800 points of damage, both the boys wincing as electricity sparked from their duel disks.

Fubuki Tenjoin & Ryo Marufuji: 5200LP

And with what was almost a full board of high attack monsters, the turn changed. And now it was Serena’s turn to attempt at cracking the board that Ryo had set.

“My turn! Draw!” She declared loudly as she drew the card for her turn, with no card activating in the Standby Phase and immediately moving on onto the first Main Phase of the turn.

Which, as far as she was concerned, wouldn’t even be that hard. She could simply go for Leo Dancer and wipe the whole board clean and OTK from that position, something that was made infinitely easier since she has Construct on field and with Fubuki and Ryo taking the damage from Power Bonding Cyber Twin Dragon.

“First off, I’ll activate the Continuous Spell, Fire Formation - Tenki!” The indigo haired girl said, as her first play of the match was activating her archetype’s generic searcher. “When this card is activated, I can add one Level 4 or lower Beast-Warrior monster from my deck to my hand!”

With the searcher card being activated, Serena then declared which of the cards in her deck that she would add to her hand with its effect. “I’ll add Lunalight Kaleido Chick from my deck to my hand!”

Saying so, she added the monster card to her hand, and continued with her plays. “I’ll normal summon Lunalight Kaleido Chick!” The Lunalight monster with a kaleidoscopic cape-like wings then appeared on the field, twirling as she placed herself beside the mechanical fairy that was Construct.

Lunalight Kaleido Chick - Dark/Beast-Warrior/Level 4/Effect: 1400/800

Said Lunalight monster then glowed with a purple aura, her attack being boosted slightly with the effect of Tenki being on the board, increasing her attack by a mere 100.

Lunalight Kaleido Chick - Dark/Beast-Warrior/Level 4/Effect: 1500/800

Motioning her right arm forward, Serena continued with her play, “I’ll activate Lunalight Kaleido Chick’s effect! Once per turn, I can send one ‘Lunalight’ monster from my deck or Extra Deck to the graveyard, and the name of this face-up card on the field can be treated as the sent monster’s if used as fusion material this turn!”

As she was done explaining Kaleido Chick’s dumping effect, one which was a soft once per turn, she chose the card that she would mill with its effect. “I’ll send Lunalight Panther Dancer from my Extra Deck to the graveyard!”

With Serena sending the Fusion Monster for cost, a silhouette of the chocolate skinned Beast-Warrior appeared behind the small yellow chick, the monster being treated as the dumped Fusion Monster while it is face-up on the field should it be used as fusion material this turn.

Many who had seen the plays that Serena has done in this tournament, or her dueling recently with the support cards that she had, would of course notice the requirement for the Boss Monster of her deck, that being Lunalight leo Dancer, needing Panther Dancer as one of its fusion material.

This requirement, while normally would need to be first summoned through a line of Fusion Climbing from Cat Dancer, could be circumvented with the archetypal Fusion Spell that she had already used in the previous match against Edo and Mamoru, and the other way was with the monster that she had on board, being Kaleido Chick’s name changing effect.

And Ryo, being the ever careful and ever watchful duelist that he was, knew of this. And he could somewhat predict what Serena’s current line would consist of. As far as he knew, there was no need for Serena to send Panther Dancer to the grave with Kaleido Chick’s effect, as the same could be achieved had she simply used Lunalight Fusion.

And therefore he concluded one thing, which was that Serena currently has no form of access towards Lunalight Fusion, and therefore needs Kaliedo Chick to resolve in order to Fusion Summon Leo Dancer.

And as soon as he had concluded that, he set out to interrupt the play. “I’ll activate my face-down!” Ryo declared as he waved his arm forward, one of the two face-down cards that he had on the field flipping up and revealing, “The trap, Cybernetic Overflow!”

The trap card that depicts the still not legal Cyber Dragon Sieger shone, “With this card, I can banish ‘Cyber Dragons’ with different Levels from my hand, face-up field, and or graveyard, then destroy an equal number of cards that you control!” He said, explaining the trap card’s effect.

“I will banish one of the Level 5 Cyber Dragon, and the Level 2 Cyber Dragon Core who is treated as Cyber Dragon in the graveyard, to destroy both El Shaddoll Construct and your Lunalight Kaleido Chick!” With the two cards banished and the cost of the trap card being fulfilled, both of the monsters that remained on the girl’s field were then destroyed, leaving Fire Formation - Tenki as the only card remaining on their board.

However, by clearing the board of their monster’s, Ryo had fallen onto Serena’s trap. “I’ll activate the effect of El Shaddoll Construct!” She declared loudly, waving her left arm outwards as she activated the Fusion Monster’s graveyard effect.

“If this card is sent to the graveyard, I can target one ‘Shaddoll’ spell or trap in our graveyard, and add it to my hand!” Hearing the indigo haired girl’s explanation of the monster’s effect, all other contestant’s eyes widened as they all saw Serena added the one non-monster Shaddoll card from the grave to her hand.

Mei, who was still quite shaken after seeing her whole board being easily broken, managed to realize where exactly this play was leading onto, “The only Shaddoll spell card that’s currently in our graveyard is-”

“Shaddoll Fusion!” The indigo haired girl declared, immediately activating the Fusion Spell that was added with the effect of Construct. “This card lets me Fusion Summon one ‘Shaddoll’ Fusion Monster from my Extra Deck using monsters from my hand or field as fusion materials. However, if my opponent controls a monster that was special summoned from the Extra Deck-”

“You can also use monsters in your deck as fusion materials.” Ryo said with a low tone as his eyes moved towards his own Cyber Twin Dragon, the monster that was summoned from the Extra Deck, and fulfilling Shaddoll Fusion’s second condition.

“I’ll fuse Shaddoll Squamata with Lunalight Yellow Marten from my deck!” Serena declared, raising her arms upwards as the two fusion materials that she would use directly from her deck, and the two monsters appeared on the field briefly, before being absorbed by the spiral of black and purple, fusing to become one singular monster.

“Fusion Summon!” She said as she brought her clasped hands down, completing the simple chant. “Appear! El Shaddoll Winda!” With a loud distorted roar, the corrupted monster appeared on the field, with the corrupted Winda grasping her staff as she rode above Pulao, Wind of the Yang Zing, light purple strings puppeteering them from above.

El Shaddoll Winda - Dark/Spellcaster/Level 5/Fusion/Effect: 2200/800

“I see, so both of them are running a small Shaddoll engine.” She mused loudly at her seat, leaning forward as her mind raced at the implications. “Seeing that Mei summoned Construct and Serena summoned Winda, it could be assumed that they’re only running ones that correspond with their deck’s attributes. But it wouldn’t be too far-fetched if they run the other fusions too since Extra Deck space isn’t really that tight.”

She narrowed her eyes as she her mind expanded on the matter of Extra Deck space in the current format with only Fusion Monsters, “Not to mention that Mei also ran Jinzo and a small Volcanic engine, which would also allow her to go into both Fire and Dark Shaddoll monsters, that and she runs Ariel. I could see her running Winda if she goes first in addition to ABC-Dragon Buster if she gets a great hand, and Grsyta isn’t half bad in certain situations.”

Her mouth started to twitch, and she placed a hand under her chin as she continued muttering loudly to herself, “No, knowing Mei she probably runs only the Shaddoll Fusions that she has a corresponding attribute of, which could mean that she would run every single one of them except Shekhinaga.” 

Though most of this was simply possibilities and her own conclusions that were pulled from simply seeing the cards that she had seen the girls use in the two matches including this one, the possibility of them actually running other cards that she didn’t think of could still be high. 

“I’ll activate the effect of Lunalight Yellow Marten and Shaddoll Squamata !” Serena continued, activating both graveyard effects of the monsters that she had used as fusion materials in sequence. 

“If Squamata is sent to the graveyard by a card effect, I can send one ‘Shaddoll’ card from my deck to the graveyard, I will send Shaddoll Beast!” She says as she sends the Dark monster to the grave to thin her deck and gain a free draw.

“And now Yellow Marten’s effect! If this card is sent to the graveyard by a card effect, I can add one Lunalight Fusion from my deck to my hand!” She says as she added her archetype’s archetypal Fusion Spell with Yellow Marten’s effect.

She then continued on, activating the effect of the Shaddoll Beast that she sent with Squamata’s effect. “Shaddoll Beast’s effect! If this card is sent to the graveyard by a card effect, I can draw one card!” She then drew another card from her deck, and now had seven cards in hand and a monster on board, plusing through the entire interaction.

“Now I’ll activate Lunalight Fusion!” She declared immediately, activating the Fusion Spell that she had added with Yellow Marten. “With this card, I can Fusion Summon one ‘Lunalight’ Fusion Monster from my Extra Deck using monsters from my hand or field as fusion material, and if my opponent controls a monster that was special summoned from the Extra Deck, I can also use one ‘Lunalight’ monster in my deck or Extra Deck as fusion material!”

The indigo haired girl then declared the materials that she would use for the Fusion Summon, “I’ll fuse Lunalight Crimson Fox and Lunalight White Rabbit from my hand, with another Lunalight Panther Dancer from my Extra Deck!”

The three monsters that she had called appeared on the field, the mallet wielding rabbit girl and fluffy tailed crimson fox girl both dancing around the bladed Panther Dancer, all three fusing into the vortex of blue and purple, finishing in a blinding yellow moonlight.

“O wildest beast dancing under the moonlight! O white rabbit! And o crimson fox! Become one in the vortex of power, and show your new power!” She finished her fusion chant as she brought her hand down. “Fusion Summon! Appear! King of beasts dancing under the moonlight! Lunalight Leo Dancer!”

The white haired Fusion Monster jumped onto the field, going through the usual summoning animation where it’s mask shattered and formed into a crescent as it revealed her crimson iris, her white hair fluttering as she danced with her blade in hand.

Lunalight Leo Dancer - Dark/Beast-Warrior/Fusion/Level 10/Effect: 3500/3000

Said monster twirled her sword as she too, shone in dark light, receiving an attack boost from the face-up Fire Formation that was on the field.

Lunalight Leo Dancer - Dark/Beast-Warrior/Fusion/Level 10/Effect: 3600/3000

“Crimson Fox’s effect!” Serena declared, activating the effect of the monster that she had just used for the Fusion Summon. “If this card is sent to the graveyard by a card effect, I can target one face-up monster that you control, and change it’s attack to 0 until the end of this turn!”

She then points towards the monster with the largest attack on the field, that being the Power Bond boosted Cyber Twin Dragon. “I’ll reduce Cyber Twin Dragon’s attack to zero!”

The silhouette of the crimson fox briefly appeared back on the field, dancing around the twin headed Cyber Dragon, it’s two heads letting out a roar as it’s attack became reduced to zero until the end of the turn.

Cyber Twin Dragon - Light/Machine/Level 8/Fusion/Effect: 0/2100

“Battle!” She said as she moved on to the Battle Phase, clearly intending to finish the match with this turn. “I’ll attack your Cyber Twin Dragon with Lunalight Leo Dancer!” The Fusion Monster then jumped high onto the sky, and doved downwards, intending to plunge her blade onto the twin headed Fusion Monster.

“I’ll activate my face-down card!” Ryo declared with gusto as he motioned his arm forward, revealing his other face-down card, “The Quick-Play Spell, Cyberloard Fusion!” The revealed card shone, revealing itself to be Cyber Dragon’s own archetypal Fusion Spell.

Ah, so that was his other set card. Setting it was certainly a choice, he could have probably used the card during the previous turn’s Battle Phase as a combat trick to push for lethal, but was instead now being used as a combat trick to try and prevent getting OTKed.

“This card allows me to Fusion Summon one Fusion Monster from my Extra Deck that list a ‘Cyber Dragon’ monster as material, by shuffling the fusion materials listed on it into the deck from among my cards on the field and or face-up banished cards! But monsters that I control cannot attack for the rest of this turn except that Fusion Summoned monster!” He explained the Fusion Spell’s effects.

He then chooses the monsters that he would use as materials for the fusion, “I’ll fuse the banished Cyber Dragon and Cyber Dragon Core, with Cyber Twin Dragon on the field!” The two monsters that were banished briefly appeared back onto the field, standing beside the twin headed Cyber Dragon, before being fused in a vortex of light purple lightning and electricity as the three monsters were all shuffled back to the deck and Extra Deck.

“Fusion Summon!” He said as he swung down his clasped hands. “Appear! Cyber Eternity Dragon!” The monster that he Fusion Summoned in his opponent’s Battle Phase was the Cyber Fusion Monster that has not seen much competitive play as far as she remembers, the incredibly large and long monster stood protectively over its summoned as it was summoned in defence position.

Cyber Eternity Dragon - Light/Machine/Level 10/Fusion/Effect: 2800/4000

A replay happened, as it hadn’t yet reached the Damage Step and the attack target had left the field, and Serena narrowed her eyes at the newly summoned monster with a higher defence than her Boss Monster’s attack, and chose a different attack target.

“Che, then I’ll change the attack target to the normal Cyber Dragon!” The Lunalight Fusion Monster fell gracefully, landing and immediately dashing towards the defenceless Cyber Dragon, slicing it neatly in two and creating an explosion.

“Gah!” “Gh!” Both Ryo and Fubuki grunted as their Life Points were lowered even further, receiving a good amount of damage as the attack of Leo Dancer went through, leaving their Life Points to be lower than 4000.

Fubuki Tenjoin & Ryo Marufuji: 3800LP

“Now Leo Dancer’s effect!” Serena declared, activating the Fusion Monster’s board wiping effect. “Once per turn, at the end of the Damage Step, if this card attacked a monster, I can destroy all special summoned monsters my opponents control!”

Purple lighting erupted from Leo Dancer’s sword as she swung it once more, destroying the monsters that were on Fubuki and Ryo’s side of the field, leaving a large cloud of dust in its wake.

As the cloud dissipates however, a single monster still stayed on the field, that being Cyber Eternity Dragon.

“Wha-how!?” Serena balked at seeing the monster surviving the board wiping effect of Leo Dancer.

“Cyber Eternity Dragon’s effect.” Ryo explained. “If I have a Machine Fusion Monster in my graveyard, you cannot target this card with card effects, and it cannot be destroyed by your card effects.”

“Chimeratech Fortress Dragon.” Mei said with narrowed eyes, making Serena turn her head towards her. “The one that was destroyed with EL Shaddoll Construct, it’s the only Machine Fusion Monster that he had in his grave. To think that he has a Fusion Monster that could be both immune to targeting and destruction… not to mention a Quick-Play Fusion Spell…”

Hearing the explanation of her partner, the indigo hair girl clicked her tongue again as she glared at the large Cyber Dragon Fusion Monster that prevented her from getting lethal. “I’ll set a card face-down, and I’ll end my turn.” So Serena ended her turn, with two Fusion Monsters, one being her signature Boss Monster and another a floodgate, a face-down card, and three cards in hand.

The match continued to be heated, with only a full turn for each player having passed but boards had already been broken, interactions had already been thrown from both sides of the team.

Mei and Serena still had full Life Points, still undamaged through the onslaught of Cyber Dragons and having two Fusion Monsters on the field in the form of the indestructible Leo Dancer and El Shaddoll Winda, Fire Formation - Tenki, a set card, having one and three cards in hand each, with Mei’s card being known to be B-Buster Drake.

Fubuki and Ryo however, have less than half of their Life Points left, merely having 3800 points left, both sitting behind the wall that was Cyber Eternity Dragon, while having two and one card in hand each, with Ryo’s card being Cyber Repair Plant.

She was kept at the edge of her seat as she watched the heated duel continue, who would be the winner of this match, she wondered?

And which of the winners will be the ones who will face her in the grand finals?

2