Arc 1 – Oh, F*ck My Life: Chapter 2
246 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 1 - Oh, Fuck My Life: Chapter 2

The next day*

Another busy day to get further into preparation for the incoming canon events or anything similar to it.

Lawliet didn't care what surprise was in store for him each day. He just needs to keep getting stronger, even if it's just a tiny amount compared to his past self the day before. They will end up stacking up over time, so with that said, he finishes getting used to the strain of using one of the Charyeok he plans on using for any incoming battles.

Funny enough, besides using the unique breathing method and the old fashion training of one's body. Lawliet simply uses any Charyeok and gets used to the strain until it becomes second nature to use that Charyeok. Allowing him to freely use said Charyeok longer and easier to control during a fight. Especially for certain Charyeok, that would make him pause in mid-battle due to either being overwhelmed by its presence and/or the emotions tagged along upon being called.

The very fact he thought about fixing the problem of the tiny factor of pausing in midbattle to get adjusted to a Charyeok speaks how many training plans he has come up with and enough to determine never to underestimate anything in this world. Following the survival style of a certain main character is always to be cautious. But not on the same level as that main character.

After all, even with how dangerous this world is. Lawliet still has the means to survive through nearly anything the world could throw at him. Of course, as long he is in top condition, that is, and not forced to fight nonstop for days.

Lawliet paused, thinking about if this world was truly dangerous, and realized it was only dangerous in the first year of his stay in this world due to his body fitness being plain awful that even the average male adult could beat him up. He could barely use the weakest Charyeok without collapsing out of fatigue in a minute or two without doing any high-end tier stuff.

Now, he should be able to fight off nearly all the powerful characters. Of course, there aren't too many of them all at once. Even then, if he times it and uses a specific Charyeok, it's possible to take down multiple people. Including dealing with tricky attacks that no doubt cause him lots of headaches if he lets his guard down anywhere near these people.

And he can't really kill them, no matter how tempting it is. Lawliet has already prepared his mind to kill if needed long ago. Since it's frowned upon for murder, he could think of a worse end than death for these people.

"Dr. Lawliet, I'm here to return the book you lend me." Someone spoke up, snapping Lawliet out of his inner daily monologue.

Lawliet looks at the front door to see Nabiki Tendo smiling at him with eyes of greed and lust.

"You can leave it on the counter on the side, Nabiki." Lawliet responded in a monotone. "Do you need anything else?" Trying not to be rude and get her to leave his shop as soon as possible. Also, he didn't really lend that book out, so much as the book is useless for him other than being used as a cover for his usage in Charyeok. Thereby, it didn't matter if Nabiki stole it or bothered to return it afterward as it's easy for him to get another copy of those books and cheap too.

He didn't like Nabiki that much, especially since she tried to blackmail him a year ago once she learned about how much money he had made. Something she has done with other people that are easy to be blackmailed by her. Lawliet doesn't recall much about Nabiki other than the fact that she is fond of money to the point that she is willing to betray her family to gain more.

Overall, Nabiki has been an annoyance to Lawliet since he made sure it was impossible to blackmail him. Even if it meant getting his hands dirty, something he nearly had to proven many times over the time he knew Nabiki.

Maybe if he had met Nabiki early on and saved her mother, then she might have turned up for the better. Well, not that it matters at this point.

"Why are you in such a hurry to push me away?" Nabiki places the book on the counter and then leans on it, showing no sign of leaving any time soon. "After all, I've told you I wanted to learn under you in acupuncture many times. You even lent me many books on the subject, so why won't you take me as your student and teach me personally?"

"Because of many reasons." Lawliet replied while thinking about if he should just knock her out and call someone trustworthy to drop Nabiki at her home without anything wrong occurring on the way. But, he ran out of people to do that job after she got blackmails on these people. He wonders if Nabiki is that great or if the people here are easy to blackmail. Either way, it is just to show that Nabiki will take advantage one way or another.

"Come on; you're by yourself here. You should hire someone to help you out." Nabiki points this out, seeing how it's just the two of them here alone. "You should be happy I want to work here since I can bring many customers through my connections."

"Hm. I'm not that desperate for money." Lawliet shrugs his shoulders. He recalls how much he saved over the years and plenty enough to live carefully for a long time before he needed to be concerned about money. Not to mention, he wasn't much of a big spender; therefore, the amount of money he earns continues to grow over time. In addition, he doesn't even eat out and makes his food at home, which is easy to make via Charyeok.

"So you say." Nabiki narrowed her eyes at Lawliet, trying to see if there were any lies in his words.

Lawliet wonders what Nabiki's reactions would be if she found out how much he saved. And she could not find out from the bank, even if she tried to bribe and threaten the people working there. There are many laws and methods that would put Nabiki in jail within a single day. Otherwise, she could have already been rich with all the money she could get from the blackmailed bank workers by giving her cash slowly until it built up.

"Anyway, it's time for you to leave."

Two floating hands with strings attached to see-through dolls appear behind Lawliet. One of the dolls transforms into the appearance of Nabiki; then the hands start moving the Nabiki Doll, causing the real Nabiki's eyes to lose focus and become dull.

Without a word, the real Nabiki made a few side comments before leaving.

Lawliet watches this without a change to his face. Seeing how he had to resort to using the Charyeok: Marionette to get rid of Nabiki without causing problems.

Marionette is the Charyeok of Judge P, with three abilities shown in the canon. Doll Creation, Bodily Manipulation, and Telepathy. Lawliet used the first and third abilities to make Nabiki leave the place.

If it wasn't for Marionette, Lawliet might have had to use other methods to get Nabiki to leave. Methods that would take longer and something could go wrong in the process. Actually, he has many different types of Charyeok that could do more than Marionette could, but Marionette is much more subtle in doing these kinds of things.

Lawliet shakes his head, knowing that Nabiki will return. This won't be the first nor the last.

Well, he should clean up the place before closing up.


30 minutes later*

On the way home, Lawliet greeted people nearby, most of whom were his customers. He made sure to keep aware of his surrounding for any potential stalkers sent by Nabiki and others that got too curious about his skills in acupuncture. The former he can deal with easily. It's the latter that he has to be careful of since they are more professional than the amateurs under Nabiki's control.

Lawliet will never underestimate any stalkers, even if they are amateurs. One small slip is enough for these people to use and find more clues about him.

So he just has to take a couple of detours on the way and do random things that could be turned into false intel for the stalkers to note down. That way, he can control the flow of information he gives out instead of being paranoid; well, more than normal to think about what secrets of his have been discovered.

Sighing, Lawliet reminisces about how his life now is completely different from his past one. Compared to back then, he wouldn't have to worry about stalkers in general since his adoptive family would have long taken care of them.

In hindsight, he was mainly indoors, making it harder for stalkers to stalk him. No matter, Lawliet wouldn't let this bother him.

Lawliet walked to a nearby grocery store to pick up some things to cook for tonight's dinner. May as well enjoy the peace before Ranma and his father's arrival.

"Oh, hello, Dr. Lawliet." Someone called out to Lawliet.

Lawliet looks to his right to see Kasumi Tendo smiling at him.

Sometimes it feels like the world is trying to push him toward the Tendo family. He had nothing against them; well, not to Kasumi; the other is a bunch of people he would rather not get involved with how badly they treated Ranma.

Lawliet honestly doesn't want to be anywhere near the Tendo family if he can help it. Sorry, but not sorry.

"Hello, Kasumi." Lawliet greeted back. "Time to restock on good, huh?"

"Yes." Kasumi replied, smiling at Lawliet and beginning a small conversation about a random topic before saying farewell to buy her groceries and head home to cook dinner.

Lawliet is just glad Kasumi wasn't interested in him like Nabiki is. But, then again, she could be hiding it and isn't allowed to reveal those feeling due to the responsibility she placed herself to take care of the household like a housewife would, yet Kasumi isn't even 20 and forced to stop advancing in her study into a specialized medical college.

At least, Kasumi continues to study privately to prepare herself to enroll in a college for a hopeful future. If the way she continues to borrow medical books from Dr. Tofu. Sometimes from himself too, if she couldn't find the book she was looking for at the time.

Looking back over the years, knowing Nabiki and Kasumi. Lawliet wonders if Nabiki would put more effort into learning acupuncture than studying further in business had he never appeared in her life so early before the canon started.

Kasumi wasn't that much different compared to her canon version. She is a bit more serious than her airhead-like personality throughout the canon.

Lawliet stops thinking about this further, gets all his groceries done and then heads home for another training session.

7