Chapter 55
137 8 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The creature that emerged from the fog drained the defending army of what remaining bit of fighting spirit they had left after the devastating attack. They all saw a humungous Drednaw approximately one hundred meters in height, standing on its hind legs. With a look of superiority and disdain.

 

Ting*

Species: Drednaw (Gigantamax level 2)

Name: None

Age: 153 years

Sex: Female

Ability: Strong Jaw, Shell Armor, Swift Swim

Talent: Mountains and rivers – Increase maximum health when fighting near a rock formation or any body of water. 

Tendencies: Only cares about its kin, is ruthless and sadistic.

Potential: SS rank (peak)

Level: 150 (SS rank peak).

Skills: - level too low-

 

Different from the games and anime, in this world the energy needed for Dynamaxing could be found everywhere.

As a result of its defeat by the Ancient Zacian and Ancient Zamazenta thousands of years ago, Ancient Eternatus hid and slumbered inside the deepest part of the world trying to recover. Its energy leaked out as it slept, and the energy that leaked out was slowly being absorbed by the world's core giving the world's energy some of its properties. This made the entire planet a “Power Spot”.

Upon awakening from its slumber, Ancient Eternatus noticed the change it had caused, fortunately without side effects. As an apology, it taught Pokemon at that time how to utilize said energy and obtain the Dynamax form. It also told them to pass it down through generations.

Unlike the games and anime, Dynamax could increase all the Pokemon’s stats, it gave them partial immunity to status ailments meaning they would recover from them faster, and granted them “Max Moves". They could still utilize the regular kind of skills like Growl, Hydro PumpEmber, Calm Mind, etc. Which are boosted when in Dynamax form. Max Moves are just another type of skill that relies on Dynamax energy. Although Max Moves were more powerful than regular skills, they drained a lot of Dynamax power, reducing Dynamax time if the Dynamax level was too low. So Max Moves were rarely used in succession. Dynamax also had different levels. The higher the level the bigger one could get and the longer one could maintain the transformation. The initial size of the pokemon would also affect the Dynamax size at the end. At max level, one could remain in that form permanently or revert if they felt like it.

Every Pokemon can Dynamax when they learn the technique but not all can Gigantamax. The G-Max factor was first caused by a mutation somewhere along the line and was eventually passed down by bloodline. Some Pokemon can awaken the G-Max factor deep within their genes if they consume certain types of concoctions. Though as generations passed, the technique of Dynamax was said to have been lost to time and was only thought to be a myth according to Mewpedia.

This was the first time Leon saw a pokemon above the S rank and a Gigantamax one at that.

In time, before panic took over the defending army. Pokemon Gym Leader Blaine snapped them out of it. “DEFEND THE FORTRESS! I WILL HANDLE THEIR LEADER! FOR LADY MEW!” Blaine proclaimed. He then gave his commanding rights to his second in command.

Blaine threw five pokeballs up in the air. The pokemon that were released all displayed peak S rank levels of strength. Ninetales and Rapidash were instructed to help defend the left side while Arcanine and Magmortar were assigned to the right side of the breach. Charizard was instructed to give aerial support to any side that was in trouble.

The last Pokeball he was holding was an Ultraball. When he released it, the defending army got a glimpse of hope.

 

Ting*

Species: Moltres

Name: None

Age: 90 years

Sex: Genderless

Ability: Pressure, Flame Body

Talent: Kin of flames – increases all fire-type damage, immune to fire-type attacks.

Tendencies: Prideful, Likes spicy food

Potential: SS rank (peak)

Level: 150 (SS rank peak).

Skills: - level too low-

 

When Moltres appeared, the entire fortress felt like it was built on an active volcano. Cheers erupted as they saw the magnificent Legendary Bird. Blaine jumped on the back of Moltres then the flames engulfed him. Leon saw that it did not hurt Blaine. It looked more like a flaming seatbelt securing Blaine and preventing him from taking damage or falling off.

In one flap of its wings, it ascended directly to the heavens, while in the second flap, it appeared over the G-Max Drednaw. Moltres' speed was overwhelming.

Moltres' looked to be as big as G-Max Drednaw’s head, but don’t let the size difference fool you. They were equal in strength when they started to clash. 

Moltres attacked with Overheat while the G-Max Drednaw used G-Max Stonesurge. The terrain instantly changed when they unleashed their moves. Luckily, they were far away from the shore and it didn’t affect the battlefield near the fortress. Hurricanes were being formed; lightning rained down from the sky as thunder echoed throughout the surroundings. Everyone was mesmerized. Some even felt like worshipping these godlike creatures.

The second in command called everyone’s attention and divided the ten platoons into groups of two, five platoons on each side. Leon and his platoon were teleported by the Pokemon General to the right side. The five platoons formed a semi-circle closing off the open walls. Leon’s platoon was placed on the far right defending that corner.

As much as Leon wanted to watch the sky-shattering match between Blaine and Moltres VS the G-Max Drednaw they had their battle to win. They just needed to stall for enough time for Blaine and Moltres to win as the Pokemon Horde would disperse when their leader was defeated.

The rest of the horde charged with full force. Multiple low S-rank enemy pokemon were seen approaching from the depths of the ocean. The Ultra Class Ranked Platoon Leaders had to make their move as they were the only ones who could contain them. The Second in command, a Master Class Rank Pokemon Trainer, was also forced to act, teaming up with Arcanine and Magmortar to fight against five high S-rank Tentacruels. Charizard was helping the left flank as a Peak S-rank Jellicent attacked that side and they were not faring any better.

Leon and his pokemon team were busy supporting EC and Arvin. EC dived straight into the heart of the horde. The six Pikachus were riding on top of him while they sent out Thunderbolts upon Thunderbolts. He looked like a human Tesla coil, electrocuting anyone that came close. EC had a natural affinity for the electric element coupled with his Electivire Battle Suit rendering him immune to their electric attacks. A lot of dead pokemon were left in the wake of him smashing and kicking them aside.

Arvin rushed in as well performing a gun kata while wielding his dual Scizor Plasma Guns. He transformed his Eevee Tactical Suit into Jolteon Mode. This mode directed all the excess electrical energy from EC’s attacks to his own Scizor Plasma Guns. This increased their damage significantly, killing enemy Pokemon with one headshot. His Pokemon team stood at the back of Leon using defensive skills to help them weather the attacks apart from Jolteon who was also on the front line.

Leon instructed Toshi to transform into Fae. Both of them sent out multiple Life Dew healing the vanguard while sending out the occasional Shock Wave to disrupt the enemy formation. Iroh stood tall as he analyzed the battlefield, reporting to Leon on the flow of the battle. He casts Reflect, Light Screen, Helping Hand, or attacks with Psychic when needed. Jin was jumping from shadow to shadow undetected, assassinating Pokemon that seemed to be potential officers or leaders destroying their chain of command causing chaos from within.

As the battle raged on, one of the Drednaw leaders noticed that they had been pushed back in one particular area of the battlefield. It noticed Leon’s group and decided to intervene or else their formation would crumble.

Upon its arrival, Leon sensed its strength at Peak B rank, and he gritted his teeth. All the Ultra Ranked Class Platoon Leaders had their hands full and only Toshi could withstand its power as Toshi was at B rank Peak. He told his team that he would engage this enemy Drednaw and asked them to take care of the rest of the horde by themselves. EC and Arvin had no choice but to agree as they moved to the side giving Leon and this new enemy room to clash. The pokemon horde sensed the approach of their co-leader and gave way as well.

Toshi transformed into a Magnezone since not only did it have a type advantage it was also sturdy enough to tank the hits. Additionally, it could fly, giving it an advantage in terms of mobility. The Drednaw’s turning speed was too slow. Toshi and Leon kitted it in circles side to side, making its opponents' attacks miss. They were slowly weathering it down with electric attacks and attacks from Leon’s Blastoise’s (Gauntlet Cannon) Bracelet - Rapid Shot Mode.

This enraged the Drednaw. Suddenly a small dark vortex formed on top of its head. A red cloud condensed around it. The Drednaw started to grow to about 20 meters in height. Although it was significantly smaller than their leader it was still deadly. It also had a G-Max.

“Dammit, the leader and this fellow must be of the same bloodline,” the second in command cursed at their bad luck as he saw another smaller G-Max Drednaw.

5