Chapter 1
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Klaus sneered down at the hand held out to him. Without a motion to shake it, his cold, blue eyes traveled up to the stupidly smiling face attached to the hand. Then Klaus's eyes snapped over to his stone-faced father standing behind the unfamiliar smiling young man. "What is the meaning of this?" Klaus snapped.

His father tilted his chin up and his lips curved upwards strangely, "I told you. He's your older brother."

Klaus crossed his arms, eyes narrowing, "And how the hell do I have an elder brother that I've never heard of?"

Klaus's father put his hand on his "older brother's" shoulder and the young man sheepishly put his hand down. "I recently thought of his mother, an old girlfriend from before I married your mother. I missed her deeply and decided to contact her. She thought I was contacting her about him and so..." He trailed off smiling at Klaus's "brother" with a soft, gentle smile Klaus hadn't seen in years.

Klause rolled his eyes, "And I care about you playing house... why?"

Klaus's father took a deep breath and stepped in front of the elder son. He coldly stared Klaus down, "Fine then. I'll cut to the chase." He leaned forward, "I changed my will. He has been named the heir for the company and most of my property." He leaned down, his face close to Klaus's, and sneered, "And unless you fix your attitude I'll take you out of the will entirely."

Klaus opened his mouth to talk back but a head tilt and an eyebrow raise from his father convinced him it would be a mistake. Klaus bit his bottom lip, balling his hands up into fists. "I'm going to my room." Klaus said, through gritted teeth, spinning on his heel.

"Come down to dinner in an hour, you are meeting Joel's mother." His father called after him as Klaus stomped up the stairs.

Klaus slammed his bedroom door closed behind him, his handsome face twisted in an ugly angry expression, "So he wants to screw over his only son for the sake of some lying gold-digger," He paced the floor, shoving a hand through his dark hair. He looked to catch sight of his horrid expression in his vanity mirror. He sharply turned his head away, "Screw him then!" Klaus rolled his neck  and walked over to his vanity, gripping the sides of the table and staring himself in his icy blue eyes, "He wants to cut me out of the will that's fine, " he smirked at his own face, "that right I'll just make my own company, compete with him. I'll-" Klaus's voice cut off and his smirk slipped when he realized how impossible his words were to make true. As his face warped into an ugly expression again, he swung hard at the mirror. But instead of cracking glass he felt something soft and fleshy. His momentum carried him forward and he fell through the mirror.

*

Klaus woke up sprawled on the floor. No... not the floor. There was something warm and moving underneath him, "Will you get the fuck off of me." A woman's voice said from underneath him. Klaus startled and sat up, only to fall back on his butt. The girl that was under him sat up, rubbing the back of her head, wincing slightly.

"What are you doing in my room?" After saying that Klaus felt a strange sinking feeling, glancing around he noticed he was in a wide, empty hall with nothing but tall pillars and walls covered in ornate mirrors.

"This ain't your fucking room, genius," she snapped. She put her hand down and hissed in pain, drawing Klaus's eyes back to her. Blood dripped from her palm and she was staring down at the shards of glass laying around the two of them. She muttered, "glass... how?" Her head shot up, gray eyes large and full of panic. A string of no's tumbled out of her mouth as she scrambled to feet. Klaus followed her with his eyes to a shattered mirror on the wall behind him. Still muttering no and shaking her head, the girl felt around the space where the glass fell out, not seeming to notice her hands getting more cut up. She even leaned in and pushed with all of her force but whatever she wanted to happen didn't happen. Her shoulders slumped.

Klaus opened his mouth, "Uhm."

She turned around so fast that Klaus flinched. She dropped to her knees in front of Klaus and grabbed his expensive tailored suit jacket with her bloody hands, causing his eye to twitch. She shook him, frustrated tears filling up her eyes, "This is all your fucking fault why'd you have to break the mirror!"

It took a second for Klaus to comprehend her words but once he did his mouth fell open, nose scrunched up, and his eyebrows lowered, "HUH?!?"

The girl wasn't ready to listen to him though, continuing to shake and yell at him, "It took me so long to find a mirror that led to a peaceful world!"

"Hey, listen here-" Klaus snapped, only to get a mouth full of coppery blood as she covered his mouth with her hand.

"Shh." She hissed, craning her neck as if listening. After a few minutes of silence, she whispered, "something's coming."

Her tone and the choice of the word 'thing' made Klaus's blood run cold and he let her pull him to his feet and behind the nearest pillar. Only now that they were standing next to each other did Klaus notice she was actually a couple inches shorter than him... That didn't happen to him often. "Can't you breathe any quieter?" She hissed, pressing herself against the pillar more, pulling Klaus closer to her as well.

Klaus tried to keep his breathing silent. He heard what sounded like a large bird's wings flapping. Whatever it was landed, scattering some of the glass shards on the floor.

A clear and beautiful voice called out, "Giovanna, I know it's you, come out."

"Shit," the girl, Giovanna, muttered under her breath before sliding under Klaus's arm and stepping out from behind the pillar.

"You broke another mirror, Giovanna, you know what that means."

"I didn't break it, it was him!" Giovanna pointed at Klaus.

"Hey!" Klaus snapped, taking a step towards her, out from behind the pillar.

Suddenly he found himself surrounded by blinding white feathers. He whipped around to come face to face with a beautiful, androgynous person with ivory skin and long, black hair. They tilted their head to the side, pink lips slightly curving up. Their hands lightly cupped Klaus's cheeks, their touch cool and soothing, "And who are you?" the ethereal, winged person asked. 

0