Geir the Leader
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“EVERYONE BRACE YOURSELF!!!!!” Geir yelled, getting a couple men and Karl himself to notice the enemies that is rushing down to them.

 

It was dejecting, demoralizing… the victory at hand was but a mirage, an illusion they made and shattered as the tide was against Geir and Karl now.

All hope seems lost as the reinforcement’s numbers were much more better than the one they have, it was going to be a defeat through and through.

But that is not what Geir sees, that is not what Geir going to achieve. As though his end is near, his end is not that of a crushing defeat.

 

Geir rallied, used his arms, his steel arms as a symbol of hope to rouse everyone. He shows them the power that came from his nickname, Stålder, the power that lies beneath him and the power that lies beneath them.

Everyone saw to it, everyone rallied as they picked up their swords, their shields, their spears, bows, javelins, rocks even, everything! Every, single, thing they could use to seize the day, seize the victory that slipped from their hands.

 

And they stood their ground, still hacking, still slashing, still standing in the ground muddied by the sweat and blood they spill there.

Karl there too showed the very reason why his men followed him, as he defend, attack, and was seizing back the victory they almost lost with his men.

It encourages them, giving them absolute faith and resolve to the man they swore fealty to.

 

But as I said, this was the end of Geir, his last stop.

As in the midst of the battlefield, with his roaring war cry, an arrow from far beyond, came loose in the air straight on to his heart.

 

Geir fell, the mighty Stålder fell hard to the ground and Karl noticed, his fear came as he saw his brother was dying on the field with an arrow hit precisely at his heart.

His eyes were getting blurry, mouth began to be filled with his blood, and his senses were losing him.

Geir could only thought of the things he could’ve done more, the things he is leaving, his wife, Estryd, his twins Vali and Sigyn, his brothers, Karl and Eirikr, friends, Marco and Siasêr, and… the many things that he still wants to do with them.

But he knows deep down that those things he hoped for, he wished for, can only be tasted with only a small bite, just a glimpse, not the full experience.

For the sins he has committed, the men, the women, the children, everyone he wronged in the west in his mercenary time, must be paid eventually…

It was infuriating, but… Geir is not a delusional monster, he is a regretful one.

Because of that, he looks life with a different lense, he looks at it with grateful mindset, grateful to at least get the chance to meet another woman that he could love, grateful for being blessed with twins, grateful for making new companions, and grateful to able to see his little brothers soaring to the skies.

 

And so, he closes his eyes, let go of the regret as his gratitude was bigger, and said.

 

“It’s going to be okay.”

 

To the weeping Karl that is about to see his brother took his last breath and… see the last chapter of Geir Stål- no…

Geir Stålder has already died, he was new, he was already reborn as something bigger.

He is Geir Røshjert

The Red Heart that represents the beating heart of every Eyklandian and every Arnesen.

 

* * *

 

I could feel… the wind.

I could feel… the soft roses’ petals passing my skin.

And I could feel… saw someone, someone that I have loved, I have devoted to, someone… that died on my arms.

 

She wore a beautiful white dress, a summer dress I presume. She also wore a nice smile, the nice, sweet smile that reminded me of warmth she has.

I went to her, walking slowly, still trying to make sense of my surroundings, making sense of why she is so familiar…

And then I saw her eyes… the ruby eyes that match perfectly with the ruby ring I gave to her…

 

I ran to her! I remembered her! I remembered who she is to me! I…

 

SMACK!!!

 

“OW!! What the hel, Krimhild?!” I was surprised by her slap.

“You said I was the only one!!!!” And… well…

“Ohh c’mon! You died and I realized I can’t wallow in the past for too damn long!”

“By having a family?!!!!” She was mad.

“Yes…?” I was… quite scared.

“Gods… why did I fell in love with you, Geir?”

“Because… I am the most handsome northerner you’ve ever met?” I teasingly said to her.

“Are you asking for another slap?!” With a piercing look, she said.

“Sorry, sorry…”

“Gods… I mean… yes, you’re not wrong, I should, no, I am happy that you moved on, became happy again… it’s just… I am so jealous of that Estryd bitch.”

“Hey!”

“Sorry, your… lovely wife, Estryd…” She said with a very reluctant tone. “But… I am happy! I am truly glad you found back your life again, Geir!” And this time she said with a very sincere tone and smile.

“Thank you… for this also!” I showed her my hands.

“Haha… sorry about that, if I had more time back then, the spell would’ve been a blessing rather than a curse.”

“It’s okay Krim, in the end it’s still a very thoughtful gift from you.”

 

And she blushes like her usual self, whenever I complimented her.

 

“Well… come with me! Your parents missed you and our old friends are dying to hear the stories of Geir Røshjert.”

0