Chapter 18: Catch You Soon
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bottle and Gesus, the notorious duo, were on the run, dodging the best bounty hunters the Omega Sector had to offer. 

 

They had been the most wanted criminals for days, and the price on their heads had only increased. 

 

The two of them moved quickly through the dark alleys, ducking into doorways to avoid the hordes of people who scoured the area like vultures.

 

As they rounded a corner, Gesus pulled Bottle to a stop. "Listen," she whispered, "I can hear them." 

 

They could hear the clatter of armored boots and the hum of energy weapons charging.

 

(Huff) (Huff) "Dam, guess we're fighting now," Bottle touched his revolver on his waist, but Gesus shook her head.

 

"I-I’m swrry," she said, "It’s because I destroyed those… towers..."

 

Bottle tapped Gesus’s forehead with the butt of the revolver. (THUD)

 

“ACK!”

 

“What are you talking about, what we're doing right now is living.”

 

“Livwing?”

 

“Tell me Gesus, what have you been doing during the war?”

 

“U-Umm… F-fighting, and… killing…”

 

“Ye… I’ve been fighting and killing too, for a long time… I’ve seen people fight for meaningless ideals, and I’ve seen people fight for their nation or something too.”

 

Bottle reached for his pocket and pulled out a cigarette and a lighter.

 

“Uh huh…”

 

(Clink!) “But you know what I saw?”

 

(Huff~) “I saw people who were on the brink of death Gesus, and I could tell from their eyes… they were living the best moments of their lives.”

 

Bottle burst out of the alley and sprinted towards the horde, dodging blaster fire and dodging incoming strikes. 

 

Gesus, who was in awe, saw the battle from the alleyway.

 

She saw a dozen hunters lashing out with their sharp knives and makeshift weapons like vipers.

 

Bottle’s movements felt sluggish and yet he managed to fend off the more devastating attacks while also delivering several headshots with his revolver.

 

Fear creeped up to hear as she counted the shots, she wondered what Bottle would do as he would need to reload soon.

 

And within the crowd of bandits it would be nearly impossible to do so.

 

She reached for her quad launcher, getting ready to assist, but she couldn’t seem to move.

 

She saw Bottle’s fight and was entranced by it.

 

Bottle stood at the center of a dusty street.

 

The bandits closed in on him, their eyes gleaming with greed for the bountiful reward promised for Bottle's capture.

 

As Bottle shot his last bullet he threw the revolver into the air, as he punched the nearest bandit.

 

A second bandit immediately came at him with a knife, but Bottle was ready.

 

As the revolver swooped down like a hawk.

 

He kicked the bandit in the stomach and then grabbed the revolver mid air slamming the butt of his revolver down on the back of the bandit's head in one motion. 

 

The bandit crumpled to the ground, unconscious.

 

Bottle spun the revolver around, as he tossed a red bullet into it. 

 

Another bandit approached like a freight train, wielding a machete. 

 

Bottle raised his gun and parried the machete inches away from his neck.

 

The horde of gangster and hooligans looked in awe, seemingly unable to comprehend how Bottle was capable of fighting back.

 

Bottle looked at the bandit with the machete, they both seemed to shake as they tried to overpower each other.

 

(Click!) In the heat of the moment Bottle clocked his revolver, preparing to fire.

 

The bandit reacted by trying to reach for the revolver, but it only gave Bottle an opportunity.

 

Bottle jumped back, and shot at the bandit, yelling, “NAPALM SHOT!” (BOOM!)

 

An intense and deafening breath of fire unleashed from the barrel of the revolver. 

 

The red bullet slammed through bandits, igniting their clothes and weapons and sending them screaming and flailing in all directions.

 

The heat was intense, and Bottle could feel the sweat pouring down his face as he reloaded his revolver with normal rounds. 

 

His revolver’s barrel was glowing hot red, as it hissed.

 

To Gesus, it seemed alive, like a dragon. 

 

She watched as the bandits tried to regroup, but the fire was too much for them to handle. 

 

Some were running for cover, while others were falling to the ground, writhing in pain.

 

Bottle holstered his revolver that had returned back to its saturated colors and wiped the sweat from his brow. 

 

He was alive, and that was all that mattered. 

 

Gesus had always wondered about the saturated color of Bottle’s revolver, but having finally seen it first hand, she now knew its meaning.

 

Her chest pounded in excitement, having learned of something.

 

She ran out to Bottle greeting him with a hug, Bottle who was plundering the dead bodies for any goods brushed her aside.

 

But Gesus joined him in the looting.

 

>>>

 

As Bottle and Gesus finally returned back to their home, they noticed it was riddled with bullet casings and bodies.

 

Gesus could feel the tone shift, as Bottle walked up the stairs up to his apartment.

 

Gesus followed silently, mirroring Bottle’s footsteps.

 

Inside Bottle’s home, it was a mess.

 

War trophies, pictures, boxes, and other items were littered onto the ground.

 

Gesus didn’t think much of it, rather to her it was always messy, just now there were more bullet holes on the walls. 

 

But she couldn’t help feeling sad for Bottle, she wanted to comfort Bottle but had no idea how.

 

As Bottle approached his desk, a large figure hiding in the corner of the room emerged and struck Bottle from behind.

 

His afro hair jiggled as he swung with a chair.

 

“EAT THIS MOTHER FUCKER!” (SLAM!) (CRACK!)

 

As Bottle fell, Gesus’s eyes were wide in shock. 

 

>>>

 

30 minutes earlier

 

With his afro jiggling, Beer Beard stood tall on a pile of rubble right in front of Bottle’s apartment.

 

“Hehe, I GOT YOU NOW BOTTLE!”

 

“Bossu get down! We are supposed to surprise attack him, not scream at the top of our lungs.”

 

“Bossu, are you sure he’s even there?”

 

Beside Beer Beard were his two henchmen Frank and Mike they both have graduated from the shinobi academy and were certified ninjas. 

 

Spending years of their time on an isolated island during the war, they have spent their time mastering their ninja way.

 

Little did they know that they would work under Beer Beard.

 

Beer Beard carried a gatling gun as his primary weapon. 

 

With 8 rotating barrels that would spin at super high speed it could shoot up to 6,000 rounds per minute. 

 

The theory behind this was to overwhelm the bulletproof super humans with a tremendous amount of fire power. For the most part it worked.

 

For his secondary weapon he had a heavy flamer, the flames after a while would turn blue and would be enough to melt steel with ease. 

 

Even biologically enhanced opponents would have a tough time enduring such heat as it would melt even their bones.

 

Beer Beard took out his gatling gun as he watched the apartment building. “Al’right you two get ready.”

 

“Pist.. Boss...” 

 

“Umm.. I think the others heard your comment earlier.”

 

Behind them was a hoard of mutilated humans. 

 

Some brandished makeshift weapons such as clubs, maces, and swords. 

 

With rags and crippled body some might think that it was a miracle that they were able to move.

 

Of course some would have cybernetic arms and limbs, however they were of an old model and lacked proper maintenance.

 

While others simply replaced their legs with wooden stumps or attached a blade to their handless arms. 

 

They would creak and stumble as they move, almost like zombies. 

 

Junkers they were called, one of the lowest of the low within Omega Sector. 

 

Having been only to gain parts from trash and other redundant places there were without a doubt one of the weakest organizations in the Sector.

 

But even if they could dream of a better future, the bounty of Bottle could change anyone's lives so why not let it be their lives who are changed for the better?

 

As they clashed their rods against other metal objects they started to sing.

 

[Clank] [Clank]

We march from the dead, and come for the living

We are the junkers of junker town! 

[Clank] [Clank]

BREAK’N CRUSH! Until you plead 

[Clank] [Clank]

We will reap your FLESH!

And peel it FRESH!

We are the junkers of junker town!

[Clank] [Clank]

 

[REEEEEeeeeee] Beer Beards gatling gun started to spin as he pointed it towards the junkers.

 

“YOU THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME ON? COME AT ME!”

 

Beer Beard and the ninjas quickly took a defensive position on top of the small pile of rubble.

 

Frank unsheathed his katana and held it with both his hands. (Waaaaaa were are going to die!)

 

While Mike took out his shurikens. (I need better people to hang out with...)

 

One of the junkers who was in the front raised his metal club and screamed.

 

 “WAGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!” 

 

And then suddenly all of the junkers started to sprint as fast as they could while screaming at the top of their lungs. Like savages they leaped and trampled one another.

 

However their target wasn’t Beer Beard, rather it was Bottle’s apartment. 

 

They’ve caught wind of General Bottle’s presence there and they weren’t going to miss this opportunity.

 

The ninjas were sighed in relieved, however Beer Beard was not.

 

“AWE HELL NO! HEY YOU FREAKS IF ANYONE IS GOING TO KILL GENERAL BOTTLE THEN ITS ME!”

 

[ZEEEEEZZEZEZEEEEZEEZEZEZEZEZEZEZEzezezezeze]

 

A deafening thunderous roar could be heard from the gatling gun. 

 

It mowed down many of the Junkers like a chainsaw, it reaped them in half, decapitating them limb from limb.

 

The Junkers decided to change their target to Beer Beard. 

 

Many more Junkers popped out of the rubble and rushed toward Beer Beard. 

 

The ninjas were also now in combat acting as the vanguard to Beer Beard. 

 

[ZEEEZEZEEEZEZZEEEZEEEEEEeeeeeee] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink]

 

“EAT LEAD MOTHER FUCKER!!!!”

 

Hundreds of shells dropped to the ground like rain, however it was not enough. They were surrounded and soon some of the junkers were in melee distance from Beer Beard.

 

Beer Beard threw his gatling gun at them crushing several of them as it rolled down the hill and then reached into his afro with both his hands. 

 

He pulled out 2 hand grenades from his afro and pulled the pin with his mouth and chucked it at the bottom of the hill. 

 

[BOOM!] [BOOM!]

 

Body parts flew, spilling whatever blood they had.

 

Frank, who noticed one of the Junkers rushing for the apartment, called out to Beer Beard. “BOSSU LOOK!”

 

Beer Beard who saw this jumped down and landed on the face of a junker, crushing it. He then sprinted as fast as he could.

 

(CRASH!) “BOOM BABY! WOAH! ”

 

He successfully tackled the junker and crushed him. 

 

The other junkers were still in hot pursuit and followed Beer Beard. 

 

Beer Beard pulled out his heavy flamer from his afro and took a deep breath. 

 

Fire spewed out engulfing the entire area in hell fire. 

 

Many of the junkers burnt to a crisp, while others tried to jump over the fire, but failed spectacularly.

 

The junkers, seeing as they were no match for these 3, decided to retreat with what little numbers they had left. Beer Beard seeing this raised his fist in the air in a sign of victory. 

 

Mike and Frank were able to fend off the junkers and witnessed Beer Beard’s heroic pose.

 

“WOAH! BABY THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKIN ABOUT!”

 

“THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MESS WITH ME, BEER BEARD!”

 

“Haha! Did you see that?” Frank waved back at Beer Beard in excitement.

 

“... Why the pose...” Mike looked away in order to avoid looking at Beer Beard.

 

Mike looked around and saw the devastation Beer Beard had caused, surely if Bottle was here at his apartment then he would show up.

 

Beer Beard took a deep sigh as he cleaned the oil and blood on his clothes.

 

“Al’ight, lets go get em!”

 

Beer Beard, Mike and Frank all approached the door to Bottle’s apartment, skeptical of any booby-traps. 

 

Frank, who went in first with his katana shaking, could see nothing but an empty room, “Huh? I-I don’t think they are here, Bossu!”

 

“Huh! We had a foolproof plan! What do ya, mean!”

 

“He’s right Bossu, b-but perhaps he will come back.”

 

(Sigh~) “A’ight find some place to hide, when he comes back sick’em!

>> Authors note, I felt unsatisfied with the previous chapter for being short, so take this >.>

 

0