Chapter 21: Ninja And The Beard
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was the break of dawn, at Bottle’s apartment.

 

Gesus had been nursing Bottle throughout the night, but Bottle still remained unconscious.

 

She could see him twitch and whisper strange things, as if he was possessed. 

 

She wore a new set of clothes that they bough- stolen from a nearby laundry line.

 

It was far less elegant to say the least compared to her last; a pair of black shorts, and a white hoodie that had long faded into grey.

 

Gesus went to grab the quad launcher before heading out, as she opened the door she gave a long look.

 

As she stepped out of the apartment, Gesus took a deep breath and steeled herself for the fight ahead.

She was determined to protect the place she now called home. 

 

Beer Beard stood several yards away with his arms crossed as if expecting her.

 

She could sense small movements throughout the area, “Ninjas…” she told herself.

 

“Dam r’ight!” Beer Beard raised both his arms as if he was going for a embrace.

 

Then in a loud booming voice he spoke, “ONE HUNDED NIN’JAS ARE HE’YA KID!!”

 

He smirked, as he pointed towards himself, “OH! IF YA THOUGHT TAT WAS IMPRESSIVE THEN JUST WAIT TILL YA’ GET A LOAD OF ME!”

 

There was a stillness in the air, as everyone was waiting for Beer Beard to say something impressive.

 

Feeling embarrassed he reached inside his afro hair.

 

“Eh, hem!.. AL’IGHT BABY! LET’S GET TIS PARTY STARTED!! WHOA! BABY!”

 

A minigun arched down, their barrels swayed and began to spin.

 

At the same time several hundreds of arrows could be seen from the sky as they descended like hawks.

 

Gesus shot a rocket from her bazooka into the air, the explosion tore through the arrows as if an earthquake had occurred mid air.

 

[ZEEEZEZEEEZEZZEEEZEEEEEEeeeeeee] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink]

 

Streaks of bullets struck the location where Gesus was, it tore through the sandstone with ease, each bullet biting off chunks as it flew.

 

Initially she used the quad as a shield, expecting the steel titanium frame to handle most punishments, but as she realized that Bottle could be in danger, she moved locations.

 

She jumped down from the 2nd floor, as the bullets continued to chase her.

 

[ZEEEZEZEEEZEZZEEEZEEEEEEeeeeeee] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink] [Clink]

 

The ninjas also made their move, several kunai(s) and shurikens were thrown from all directions.

 

It was a nuisance at first as they hardly pierced the skin, until she realized some of them were coated with an unknown substance.

 

Her eyes widened, as fear of what could happen next slowly crept into her mind.

 

In a fit of rage she decided to shoot her remaining rockets into random locations.

 

The explosions shook the air, as several structures creaked and tore itself from within due to the blast. 

 

As dust and dirt were being spat up into the air, Beer Beard halted his fire, as he scanned the area with his one good eye. 

 

He could hear the ninjas as they clashed against Gesus.

 

The sound of blades clamoring matched those of bones breaking, which was blocked by the cloud of dust.

 

(Cough) (Cough) “Shit! Wats happening!”

 

As the dust settled he could see countless bodies on the floor.

 

At least twenty ninjas were on the ground either dead or struggling to live.

 

Frank and Mike appeared from the shadows behind Beer Beard.

 

Mike the senior shinobi spoke, having seen most of what had happened.

 

“B-Bossu, this is’a madness!”

 

Beer Beard barked back, “Hell it is! Tell the bois to do a jutsu or some’tin!!”

 

(Sigh~) “Very well…”

 

Mike was thee best of the shinobi, the top student at the shinobi academy.

 

Which means he had authority over the ninjas present here.

 

Most if not all the ninjas knew several jutsus. 

 

But their hesitation to use them stemmed from the fact that jutsu's, although powerful, were a secret art.

 

If a bystander were to see the jutsu, even just the sight of who casted it, it would mean big trouble for the shinobi and the shinobi academy.

 

Mike pulled out a small tube-like object from his back pouch.

 

He went down on one knee and positioned the cylinder object so that it was angled toward the sky.

 

After getting the angle right, he pulled a string that was attached to the small firework, causing it to shoot a red flare.

 

It hissed as it soared through the sky, the smoke of which would gently disperse in all directions.

 

The ninjas who lurked in the shadows moved swiftly, as if someone was casting shadow puppets with their hands.

 

As Gesus’s eyes followed the flair, she looked back down around her.

 

The projectile attacks had stopped and the smoke was clearing up now.

 

Gesus stood in the center of a clearing, surrounded by about a dozen ninjas.

 

The air was thick with tension as the ninjas began to cast their jutsus.

 

Their hands moved with the dexterity of a mute man doing hand signs, albeit slightly more terrifying.

 

They created shadow clones that multiplied their numbers, while others blew red hot fire from their mouths.

 

Others waved their hands, unleashing a wave of water that froze everything it touched.

 

Despite the overwhelming odds, Gesus remained steadfast, as she jumped into the air.

 

Dodging an explosion of fire and ice.

 

Several ninjas followed suit, they threw kunai(s) with strings attached to nearby buildings and began to run up into the air in frightening speed.

 

A huge blurr collided with a ninja snapping the string he was standing on, while also crushing their chest like a trash compactor.

 

The ninjas who witnessed this hesitated for a moment, the shadow clones also mimicked and paused.

 

As Gesus fell back onto the ground, the ninjas regained their senses and continued their attack.

 

A brutal close quarter combat ensued.

 

Several shadow clones would turn to puffs of smoke, as Gesus crushed them with overwhelming strength.

 

Beer Beard’s, Mike’s, and Frank’s faces were frozen in shock. 

 

Jutsus were being casted left and right, each being less effective than the last. 

 

Frank, who held his broken hand with even more fervor, his voice was shaken in fear, “U-Uh… C-Can we leave now?! B-Bossu?! M-Mike S-senpai?!”

 

As Frank turned to check on Beer Beard and Mike, he could see both of them running away. 

 

Tears formed on the edge of his eyes, “W-Wait! G-GUYS!?”

 

Frank tripped as he tried to follow suit, landing face flat on the ground, but got back up.

 

“W-WAIT FOR MEEEEEeeEEE!!”

0