Chapter 7 To Cut, and to Tear (Volume 2)
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Clink!) (Clank!)

 

“GeT tHem!”

 

The courtyard at the base of the formidable Sword was in disarray, Beer Beard and Bottle found themselves surrounded by a relentless horde of hair hunters. 

 

The air crackled and clinked with the intense clash of blades as the hair hunters brandished their sharp scissors and combs.

(SLASH!)

 

In the center, Beer Beard tossed a katana to Bottle, the one he previously acquired from the dojo of his old master.

 

As the first wave of hair hunters clashed, their scissors poised to sever the warriors' hair, the clash of metal against metal resounded through the courtyard. 

 

Beer Beard wielded a katana of his own with wild swings and sweeping strikes, each strike carving through the air like a whirlwind of fury. 

 

To Beer Beards own surprise this act was quite effective, his power and the range provided by the katana was unmatched, in fact no one dared to challenge him; at least alone that is.

 

On the other hand Bottle, conveyed more technique than the average combatant, he unleashed a flurry of swift strikes prioritizing quick jabs and dodging rather than blocking. 

 

(Clink!) (Clank!) (SLASH!) “ARGHHhhH!!!”

 

Oftentimes Bottle displayed a calculated finesse, dodging the onslaught of scissor blades aimed at his hair and immediately jabbing back at the throat or head.

 

While Beer Beard’s wild flailing had enough force to tear through limbs; even those that tried to block the somewhat obvious attack were slammed back due to the sheer weight of the blow!

 

In a way, both of these individuals displayed an overwhelming sense of strength.

 

(Clink!) (Clank!) (SLASH!)

 

Amidst the chaos, sharp projectiles whistled through the air, finding their mark as if a buckshot to a bird, disarming the assailants and leaving them vulnerable to Bottle's lethal strikes.

 

Beer Beard threw ninja stars, or rather it would be more accurate to say he chucked them as if he would a rock. 

 

Perhaps not effective enough to kill, but enough to wound and disorient the men wearing suits and ties.

 

“I GOT YOU NOW!” One of the hair hunters yelled as he swung with his scissors.

 

(Swoosh!)

 

Beer Beard's hair billowed behind him, as he grabbed the wrist of the assailant that sought to rob him of hair. 

 

“What!” Exclaimed the hair hunter, confused as to how Beer Beard was able to react so fast.

 

“Ah? Ya want some of tis? Huh? WELL COME GET SOME!”

 

Beer Beard thrusted his head forward giving a swift and hefty headbutt, knocking the hair hunter to the ground as if struck by a whip. 

(SMASH!) (CRACK!)

 

Truly compared to their earlier skirmish against hair hunters, they both seem better equipped, both figuratively and literally.

 

(Clink!) (Clank!) “ARGHHhhH!!!”

 

As the first wave neared its conclusion the remaining hair hunters quickly backed off, opting to go on the defense rather than engaging.

 

This maneuver seems to irritate Bottle considerably, as Bottle recognized the threat they possessed with this simple act.

 

With their hands soaked in blood, and clothes semi-sullied, Bottle and Beer Beard were once again back to back against each other.

 

(Huff~) “We’ll never make it inside at this rate.” Bottle commented.

 

“Uh Huh, Yeah, so wat?” Beer Beard replied as he wiped the sweat emanating from his forehead.

 

>>>

 

“Hummm… Hummfff… Ja, Those fools really ain’t giving up…”

 

Potato and Black Beard stood at the top of the Sword, their eyes fixed on the intense battle below. 

 

Black Beard's expression remained stoic, as he caressed his busty beard with care and precision, while Potato's gaze brimmed with anticipation.

 

"I… Agree," Black Beard said, his voice carrying an air of authority. "Call in the hair hunter elites."

 

Potato nodded, his eyes scanning the horizon. "Ja, I called em already, but most of them are on duty elsewhere…”

 

“Ah, but I did get a response from two of them. So das decent, ja?"

 

“Hmmm…” Black Beard hummed with anticipation.

 

As their conversation hung in the air, a distant motorized noise grew louder, catching their attention. 

 

(VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR)

 

(VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR)

 

Down below, Beer Beard's heart skipped a beat as he turned his gaze towards the source, hoping to catch a glimpse of the tanned-skinned woman he had encountered earlier on her powerful War Horse. (Motorcycle*)

 

To his surprise, it was not the familiar figure he expected. 

 

Instead, emerging from the distance were two individuals, their presence and mode of transportation both unconventional and formidable. 

 

One of them rode on a chainsaw, a tanned female with a buzzcut and adorned with some gold jewelry, her eyes ablaze with determination. 

 

The other followed close behind her, with a pair of ice skating boots, and a large brown trench coat. 

 

His movements seemed far more elegant and refined to that of the boombastic nature of the booming chainsaw.

 

The skin of this man was far darker, almost that of 90 percent dark chocolate, dashing that with a pair of neon bicycle shades.

 

“I present to ja hair hunter elite, Numba, 8 and Numba 5, Black Saw and Mr. Iced.'' Said Potato in a grinning manner, gesturing to Black Beard who paid no heed.

 

“Awe, no need to give me da cold shoulder, Ja?”

 

Bottle's eyes widened in amusement, while Beer Beard struggled to comprehend the scene unfolding before him. 

 

The two newcomers teemed with confidence that far exceeded theirs.

 

The woman on the chainsaw stopped not too far from them, her buzzed head gleaming in the sunlight, as she slowly caressed the prickly and yet smooth lump that you call a scalp.. 

 

Her eyes met Beer Beard's, it felt as though he was being stared down by a vulture, anxious and somewhat jealous.. 

 

Though they were strangers, tension rose as if manifested out of thin air..

 

Beside her, the second rider, Mr. Iced,  emanated a sense of ease. 

 

With a focused gaze and a readiness for battle, they formed a formidable duo.

 

“Awe, man, I got up cus of these two chooms? Blah! Why I knew I should’ve stayed home today,” cried Black Saw.

 

“Humf, I for one enjoy going outside sometimes,” said Mr. Iced as he folded his arms.

 

As the small talk slowly fizzled, Black Saw pulled out another chainsaw that was strapped to her back, and with one pull of a cord the chainsaw revved to life, its teeth spinning with deadly intent.

 

“What’eva, I’ma take the skinner one ya? I’m not feeling like trying today.” Blurted the female.

 

“Fine by me…” replied Mr. Iced.

 

At that moment, Beer Beard and Bottle whispered something to each other, and after Beer Beard just sprinted for the tower!

 

(Step) (Step) (Step)

 

(Woooosh~~)

 

Mr. Iced skied through the destroyed terrain with ease with his ice skates, portraying a certain amount of finesse in the lunges of his legs. 

 

Zipping past Beer Beard and standing in front of the door with ease, Mr. Iced tucks his shades.

 

“Didn’t expect a big guy to gun it right off the bat. Feeling afraid, huh?”

 

“Like Hell I am! YEAAAhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!”

 

Beer Beard didn’t stop his sprint, rather like a freight train, he prepared his katana to deliver a powerful blow.

 

(CLASH!) (CLINK!!)

 

A powerful ring emanates from the contact of the katana to the blades of the ice skates, while Mr. Iced barely even moved from the force which was applied.

 

“Huh?!” Beer Beard gasped.

 

“Aye, you should get that blade checked out. It got chipped and dents all over,” said Mr Iced, as he twisted his ice skate.

 

(CRACK!)

 

The katana broke in two in a powerful snap, Beer Beard who was caught off guard by this quickly tried to gain some distance by stepping back.

 

But before he could, Mr. Iced spinned 360 degrees, and using his momentum delivered a swift kick to Beer Beard’s afro.

 

“[DRY WIND BLADE!]” cried Mr. Iced.

 

As a torrent of wind skimmed a pinch of Beer Beard’s afro. 

 

Beer Beard held his breath as he saw the small strand of hair fall down to his feet like autumn leaves.

 

His eyes were struck with fear and awe at the speed of this man, surely he thought the man could’ve ended here…

 

Mr. Iced chuckled, “Heh, That's all you got? Tisk. Hell, maybe I should’ve just ended your misery right here.”

 

While Beer Beard was engaged in combat, so too were the struggles of Bottle.

 

Bottle paid no heed to Beer Beard as he was more or less focused on what laid before him, Black Saw. 

 

Her eyes gleamed with malicious intent, as she tossed one of her chainsaws into the ground, its blade digging deep into the ground as it kicked and screamed as it maliciously charged forward like a shark.

 

(BZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzZZZZZzZZ)

 

Followed by that, the chainsaw she was riding on began to also move in a zigzag pattern towards Bottle.

 

(BZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZZzZZ)

 

Bottle, who was carefully observing the skill sets that Black Saw possessed, was fully prepared for the set of events that would likely take place. 

 

(VOOSH!)

 

As expected the initial chainsaw jumped out of the ground like a mad shark trying to catch a lucky strike.

 

Bottle easily dodged it and prepared to counter attack the real threat which he assumed to be the women.

 

However, the true threat came from behind him, the animated chainsaw, which was mid air, exploded behind him.

 

(BOOM!) [CHAIN LASH!]

 

“W-what?!” Bottle retorted.

 

In a surprise, the chain on the chainsaw bursted out into several streams of jagged edged whips which lacerated Bottle’s back.

 

Its sharp teeth dug deeply like shrapnel and came out just as erratically.

 

However, even in this moment of confusion Bottle remained focused on what he still inquired to be the biggest threat as he quickly rolled to the side.

 

(BZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZZzZZ)

 

The second chainsaw zipped past him missing his hair, as the women looked back surprised by the quick action made by Bottle.

 

Caught off guard, Black Saw quickly circled back by leaning on one side. 

 

A gasp of pain escaped Bottle’s lips, as he struggled to get back up.

 

In a daring display of acrobatics, Black Saw leaped into the air, her agile movements in perfect sync with the chainsaw. 

 

(BZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZZzZZ)

 

Bottle's reflexes kicked into overdrive as he narrowly evaded the chainsaw. 

 

However as soon as the chainsaw passed, Black Saw swooped down like a hawk.

 

(SLAM!)

 

A powerful kick to the face sent Bottle tumbling back as Black Saw landed gracefully. 

 

Mr. Iced looked at what happened as he dodged Beer Beard’s fists.

 

“You boys realized you're outclassed don’t you?”

 

“Huh?!” Beer Beard replied.

 

“You may or may not realize it. Both of you are too distracted by the thought of losing your hair.”

 

Seeing an opportunity Mr. Iced punched Beer Beard’s guts with his fist. (BOOM!)

 

“AggghhH!” Beer Beard grunts. 

 

(BOOM!) Another punch lands, this time on Beer Beards face causing him to lunge back.

 

“There was a time when I also worried about my own hair.” 

 

“I washed it, cut it, and groomed it. Hell I remember when someone would get a bad haircut they would be the butt of every joke.”

 

(WACK!) Another punch lands against Beer Beard!

 

“I was tired of it… Don’t you feel the same?”

 

“Why is hair so important? Who decided that?”

 

“Argh… S-so what?!” Beer Beard asked.

 

Mr. Iced stared intently at Beer Beard, before delivering another swift punch knocking Beer Beard down to the ground. (WACK!)

 

(THUD!)

 

“I’m giving you guys a choice… a choice that people like you can finally have.”

 

Beer Beard gripped the ground giggling slightly. 

 

“Y-your a r-real piece of shit you know t-that?”

 

“You beat me up and, fo what? Me to give up my hair? I dink ya don’t understand somethin.”

 

“Oh? And what would that be?” Mr. Iced asked.

 

Beer Beard stares back this time, his eyes filled with determination, “Hair is kool.”

 

“...” Mr. Iced didn’t respond, rather his face seemed to cringe in response.

 

“Mah, afro and mah beard may not really matter at the end of da day. But like hell I would give’em up that easily!”

 

Beer Beard got back up, and as he did he shoved one of his hands into his afro and pulled out an excessively long comb.

 

“A Combymore comb!?” Mr. Iced commented.

 

Beer Beard grips it tighter, as he remembers his old master for just a moment, “Alright! How bout round 2?”

0