21st Log – The Hidden Room
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zoe stepped into the hidden room with caution, her eyes adjusting to the dim light filtering in from the entrance. The room was large and circular, with walls made of smooth, grey stone. The air was musty, and the only sounds were the echoing footsteps of Zoe and Roman.

 

As she ventured further into the room, she noticed four alcoves, each one with a different challenge. The first alcove held a labyrinthine maze with walls made of shifting stone. The second alcove had a pit filled with sharp, jagged rocks at the bottom, and a narrow bridge that seemed to be the only way across. The third alcove held a series of deadly traps, including arrows that shot from the walls and spikes that emerged from the floor. The fourth and final alcove looked like an arena.

 

Zoe looked at each of the challenges, weighing her options. Roman watched her, his arms crossed as he leaned against the wall. "What will it be?" he asked, his eyes gleaming with amusement. "The maze, the pit, the traps, or the arena?"

 

“I guess I have to choose one of these challenges. Right?" Zoe asked Roman, who turned and leaned her back against the wall. He nodded. “Which would you choose?” she added.

 

“I would choose the arena. Taking on waves of enemies is more straightforward than the other options. If I got to know you more or less, I think you'd choose this one." he stated. He was weighing Zoe with his gaze.

 

Zoe considered each challenge, her mind racing. She was confident in her ability to navigate the maze, but she was also aware that the shifting stone walls could easily turn against her. The pit was risky, but if she could make it across, the rewards could be great. The traps would require quick thinking and sharp reflexes, but the risk was also high. The arena, on the other hand, would be a straight-up battle, and Zoe was confident in her skills with a sword.

 

In the end, Zoe made her decision. She chose the arena. Roman nodded in approval and stepped aside, allowing her to enter the alcove. Zoe drew her sword and stepped forward, ready to face the enemies.

 

"I'm going to ask you one last thing," said Zoe. “My guess is that if I choose this, I won't be 

able to do the other options?” 

 

“Yes,” said Roman in a clear voice. “Otherwise, there would be no point in choosing.”

 

Zoe and Roman took their steps toward the arena. They found themselves inside a gladiator arena. It was a magnificent and imposing structure made entirely of glossy white marble. The walls and pillars were intricately carved and decorated with gold leaves, and the floor was made of smooth, polished marble that shimmered in the light of torches. The seating area consisted of tiered rows of stone benches that provided a clear view of the arena floor for the spectators.

 

The central area of the arena was a large circular pit surrounded by a high wall, where gladiators fought to death in fierce battles. Dozens of skeletons were sitting in the audience area, waiting for the show to begin. They were clapping their bony hands together, trying to make sound. In fact, the bones of some of them were flying left and right due to these efforts. Zoe found the scene both interesting and funny.

 

Roman wished Zoe luck and took off his wings and flew into the audience. He found himself a seat between two skeletons and threw his arms over their shoulders. "Are we having fun guys?" he asked. The skeletons ignored him, the gaping holes where their eyes should have been turned entirely to the center of the arena.

 

Zoe took a few steps, and the sound of her footsteps echoed throughout the vast arena. As she looked around, she noticed a large number of skeletons coming for her, their bony hands holding swords and shields. Zoe knew she had to act quickly, and she drew her sword from its sheath, ready to face the first wave of the arena.

 

As the skeletons approached her, Zoe took a deep breath and readied herself for battle. The skeletons were relentless, their swords clanging against her own as they swung at her from all sides. The reflexes she acquired thanks to her training kicked in and she began to strike back with quick, precise movements. Her sword glimmered in the flickering torchlight as she parried and counterattacked. The skeletons were relentless, but Zoe was quick and nimble, and she dodged their blows with ease.

 

Roman admired the skeletons beside him. They seemed to stand up and support their friends. Roman sighed, wishing they could have voices. They really are a lively crowd. He joined their enthusiasm and started supporting the skeletons.

 

As the wave of skeletons continued to advance, Zoe's focus sharpened. She felt the adrenaline coursing through her veins, giving her the strength and agility she needed to fight. Her sword moved in a blur, striking down skeleton after skeleton until only a few remained.

 

As Zoe fought, she realized that her blows were even more powerful now. She understood that she owed it to her new card. She thought with a smile, this dungeon will make me a much more powerful SorCyber.

 

The remaining skeletons banded together and formed a tight circle around her, their swords raised high. Zoe knew that this was her chance to end the fight once and for all. She gathered all her strength and with a fierce yell, she lunged forward, her sword flashing through the air. The skeletons were no match for her, and with one final, powerful strike, she shattered the last of them into a million pieces.

 

The arena was quiet once more, and Zoe stood there, victorious. She had survived the first wave of the arena, and she was ready for whatever came next. The skeletons sat unhappily in their seats. The fact that their friends had lost the fight had obviously upset them. Roman tried to cheer them up, but no one stood up until the second wave arrived.

 

Suddenly, a loud, eerie aura filled the arena, and Zoe felt a shiver run down her spine. The floor began to shake, and from the corners of the chamber, a new wave of skeletons emerged from the ground. But this time, they were different. They glowed with an ominous purple light, and Zoe could feel their dark magic pulsing through the air. 

As they approached, they began to cast spells at Zoe. Fireballs shot toward her, and Zoe had to dodge and weave to avoid them. Lightning cracked around her, and she felt the electricity coursing through her body. The skeletons seemed to have gained new powers, and Zoe knew that this fight was going to be much harder than the previous one. 

 

The audience got really excited with their new friends who joined the fight. Some of the skeletons were standing on their seats. They flapped their bony arms at each other even more eagerly. Roman also did not fall short and joined them like a hooligan. 

 

Zoe still needed time for her trap card to activate. That's why she wouldn't be able to use it in this fight. For now, she would focus on her agility and take down her enemies one by one.

 

Zoe drew her sword, ready to face the wave of skeletons. She dodged the fireballs and weaved around the lightning strikes, her sword flashing in the dim light. The skeletons were relentless, but Zoe was quick and agile.

 

She leaped into the air, dodging a wave of dark energy, and landed behind a skeleton. In one fluid motion, she brought her sword down, smashing through the skeleton's spine. The skeleton crumbled to dust, and Zoe turned to face the next opponent.

 

The fight was intense, with Zoe striking down skeleton after skeleton with her sword. But she knew that she couldn't keep this up forever. Her stamina was running low, and the skeletons seemed to be getting stronger with each passing moment.

 

Zoe took a deep breath and focused on her energy. She summoned all her strength and began to strike with even greater speed and precision. Her sword moved in a blur, smashing through the skeletons with ease.

 

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the last of the skeletons fell to the ground. Zoe stood there, panting and sweating. She knew that the next wave of enemies would be even harder, but she was ready to face whatever came her way.

 

As the dust settled, Zoe heard a loud, ominous laugh echo through the arena. She looked up and saw the Skeleton King towering over her, his bony form draped in a dark cloak. This newly arrived skeleton had a crown made of bones on its head and it was at least 4 meters tall. The Skeleton King's eyes glowed with dark energy, and Zoe could feel his magical power pulsing through the air.

 

The Skeleton King raised his skeletal hand and began to chant in a language Zoe had never heard before. Dark energy swirled around him, and Zoe knew that this fight was going to be much harder than what she had faced before.

 

Zoe summoned her courage and charged toward the Skeleton King, her sword at the ready. The Skeleton King responded by unleashing a wave of dark energy, which sent Zoe flying backward. She struggled to regain her balance as the Skeleton King advanced toward her, his dark magic fueling his attacks.

 

The audience applauded enthusiastically. Roman had even seen a few skeletons fainting from excitement. This newcomer skeleton must be their leader, he thought. He ripped off the bone arms of one of the fainted skeletons and began to lead the audience into more organized cheers.

 

The fight was intense, with Zoe dodging the Skeleton King's spells and striking back with her sword. But the Skeleton King seemed to be one step ahead of her, anticipating her every move. His magic was strong, and Zoe struggled to break through his defenses.

 

Zoe began to feel the weight of the battle on her, her arms growing heavy with each swing of her sword. She thought it had something to do with the spell that had struck her. He must be using a spell that slows my movements. But she knew that she couldn't give up. She summoned all her strength and began to strike with even greater force, her sword glinting in the dim light.

 

The Skeleton King laughed and unleashed a flurry of spells, but Zoe managed to dodge them barely. She saw an opening and lunged forward, her sword striking his arm. The Skeleton King howled with rage and unleashed a final blast of dark magic.

 

The blast hit Zoe full-on, and she felt her body levitate. She was suspended in the air and could not move. She was trying her best to break this spell, but her efforts were in vain. She was trapped. Skeleton King chuckled and cast another spell, creating a Warhammer made of bones in his hand.

 

Skeleton King turned to the audience and spread his arms, making them even more excited. All the spectators ran to the far end of the balconies reserved for them. Their bony hands were making the thumbs-down gesture that was meant to execute her.

 

However, Zoe quickly stagnated the enthusiasm of the crowd. She summoned Pinky even though she was trapped. At full speed, Pinky snapped the head of the Skeleton King, who was putting on a show, from his neck.

 

The spell that had kept her suspended in the air had been broken. Landing, Zoe went to the fallen king, "This is what happens if you get excited too soon." The skeleton, lying on the ground and turning to dust, looked at her as if he could not understand her. "It was a boner joke," Zoe added.

 

The entire audience was devastated by this twist. It was clear from their gestures and facial expressions that they were disappointed. They left the arena depressed.

 

As Zoe stood in the arena, catching her breath, she noticed something glittering on the ground. She walked over and picked it up, and her eyes widened with surprise. It was an Uncommon Utility card. She immediately examined what the card was.

Uncommon Utility Card

 

Slow Motion

 

The Slow Motion magical card is a powerful spell card that has the ability to slow down your enemies or the things you aim at. The slowing effect and the duration increase based on the user's INT stat. The usage limit of this card is 3 times per hour.

 

 

Zoe smiled and installed the card away safely in her cyberdeck, feeling grateful for her victory and the reward that came with it. She knew that there were still more challenges ahead, but with the power of Slow Motion, she was ready to face them all.

 

As she received the loot, the arena began to change. It turns out that the Challenge wasn't over yet, she thought.

1