25th Log – First Boss
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zoe and Roman stood before the massive door to the boss room, their hearts racing with anticipation. The runes on the door pulsed with menacing energy, and the air was thick with the stench of decay.

 

As Zoe pushed open the door, she was greeted by a massive chamber filled with shadows and twisted vines. The ground was slick with some liquid she couldn’t recognize, and the only source of light came from a few flickering torches on the walls.

 

In the center of the room stood the Boss, a massive humanoid creature with skin as black as night. Its eyes glowed with an eerie green light, and its long, gnarled fingers seemed to drip with a sickly green liquid.

 

Zoe quickly activated her goggles and inspected the boss. She watched as the creature's stats and abilities were displayed before her eyes:

Shadow Lurker - Level 50 (Epic Tier)

Health: 10,000

Special Abilities: Shadowstep, Shadowbolt, Shadow Explosion

Zoe's heart raced as she read the stats. The Shadow Lurker was a formidable opponent, and she knew that she and her Mimic would have to be at their best if they were to emerge victorious.

 

The Shadow Lurker let out a guttural growl, its eyes fixed on Zoe and Roman. It stepped forward, its massive form casting long shadows across the room. Zoe readied her katana and summoned her Mimic to stand at the ready.

 

Without warning, the Shadow Lurker vanished into the shadows, leaving Zoe and her Mimic standing alone in the center of the room. Zoe knew that the creature was still there, watching and waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

 

Suddenly, the room was filled with the sound of crackling energy, and a bolt of shadow flew toward Zoe. She quickly dodged to the side, her enhanced speed and agility allowing her to avoid the attack.

 

Zoe glanced around the room, trying to catch a glimpse of the Shadow Lurker. She could sense its presence in the shadows, but it seemed to be moving too quickly for her to keep track.

 

Suddenly, the ground beneath Zoe's feet shook, and a massive explosion of shadow energy erupted from the ground. Zoe and her Mimic were thrown backward, landing hard on the stone floor.

 

Zoe struggled to her feet, her vision clouded by dust and debris. She could hear the Shadow Lurker's low growl, and she knew that they were in for a tough fight.

 

The Shadow Lurker emerged from the shadows, its massive form towering over Zoe and her Mimic. It let out a deafening roar, and Zoe charged forward, her katana flashing in the dim light of the room.

 

The Shadow Lurker retaliated with a barrage of Shadowbolts, but Zoe's Mimic was quick to deflect them with its own attacks. Zoe marveled at the power of the Mimic, as it mimicked her own attacks and fought by her side. With each passing moment, Zoe felt more confident and in control of the battle, knowing that her Mimic had her back. They had a chance to win this battle, but Zoe knew it wouldn't be easy.

 

The fight continued, with the Shadow Lurker launching attacks from the shadows and Zoe and her Mimic dodging and counter attacking with deadly precision. The room was filled with the sound of clashing blades and crackling energy, and the air was thick with the smell of ozone.

 

Zoe could feel the strain of the battle taking its toll on her body, but she refused to give up. She focused all her energy on the fight, her mind racing as she searched for a way to gain the upper hand.

 

The Shadow Lurker let out another deafening roar, and Zoe charged forward with all her might. With a fierce determination in her eyes, she plunged her katana into the creature's side, feeling the blade sink deep into its flesh.

 

The Shadow Lurker let out a guttural howl, and Zoe and her Mimic stepped back, waiting for the creature's final attack. But to their surprise, the Shadow Lurker vanished into the shadows, leaving them standing alone in the chamber.

 

Zoe and her Mimic charged forward, determined to take down the Shadow Lurker. As they approached the creature, it let out a fierce growl and launched a barrage of Shadowbolts toward them.

 

Zoe's Mimic reacted quickly, using its Rare Card to steal the Shadowbolt and used it immediately to attack the Shadow Lurker. The creature staggered back, surprised by the sudden turn of events.

 

Taking advantage of the opening, Zoe and her Mimic leaped forward and swung their katanas with all their might. The blades connected with the Shadow Lurker's arm and left a deep gash in its flesh.

 

But the creature was far from defeated. With a powerful swipe of its hand, it sent Zoe's Mimic flying across the room. Zoe watched in horror as her companion hit the wall with a sickening thud, lying motionless on the ground.

 

Enraged by the sight, Zoe charged toward the Shadow Lurker, her katana glinting in the dim light. The creature retaliated with another barrage of Shadowbolts, but this time, Zoe was unable to dodge them.

 

Zoe felt the impact of the Shadowbolts as they struck her, but she refused to back down. With a fierce determination in her eyes, she swung her katana again and again, cutting deep into the Shadow Lurker's shadow-like flesh.

 

The creature fought back with equal ferocity, its long claws slicing through the air. Zoe could feel her strength waning, and she knew that she couldn't keep up the fight for much longer.

 

Just when it seemed like all was lost, Zoe's Mimic shifted on the ground. With a groan, it struggled to its feet, wobbling unsteadily as it faced the Shadow Lurker.

 

Zoe's Mimic, still recovering from its injuries, quickly realized that it couldn't rely on her trap card anymore. Instead, it focused its attention on Zoe and the Shadow Lurker, studying their movements and attacks.

 

As the Shadow Lurker charged forward, Zoe unleashed a Shockwave attack, sending a powerful wave of energy through the room. The attack disrupted the creature's balance, allowing Zoe to strike it with her katana.

 

With a snarl of anger, the Shadow Lurker retaliated, launching a powerful Shadowbolt attack at Zoe. But this time, Zoe's Mimic was ready. It quickly mimicked Zoe's Shockwave attack, creating a blast of energy that blocked the Shadowbolt and sent the creature stumbling backward.

 

Zoe and her Mimic continued to press their advantage, using a combination of Slow Motion and Shockwave attacks to keep the Shadow Lurker off balance. The room was filled with the sound of clashing steel and crackling energy, and the air was thick with the smell of ozone and decay.

 

Despite their best efforts, the fight was far from over. The Shadow Lurker was a powerful foe, and it fought back with ferocity and skill. Zoe and her Mimic were both injured, their movements slowing and their attacks becoming more desperate.

 

Suddenly, the Shadow Lurker vanished from sight, disappearing into the shadows once again. Zoe and her Mimic were left standing alone, unsure of where the creature had gone.

 

Zoe's eyes darted around the room, searching for any sign of the Shadow Lurker. The creature had vanished into the shadows, and Zoe knew that it could strike at any moment.

 

Just as she thought that, the Shadow Lurker emerged from the shadows behind her, its long claws slashing through the air. Zoe barely managed to dodge the attack, her katana glancing off the creature's shadowy form.

 

The Shadow Lurker let out a low growl, then vanished once again into the shadows. Zoe could feel her heart pounding in her chest, and she knew that the battle had taken a turn for the worse.

 

Meanwhile, Roman was watching from the sidelines, his face inscrutable. He had no doubt that Zoe and her Mimic were powerful fighters, but he wondered if they had what it took to defeat the Shadow Lurker. He knew that they needed to work together and come up with a plan if they were to emerge victorious.

 

Zoe felt a pang of desperation as the Shadow Lurker continued to elude them. She knew that the creature was toying with her, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

Suddenly, the Shadow Lurker appeared behind Zoe once again, its claws poised to strike. But before the creature could land its attack, Zoe's Mimic stepped in front of her, taking the blow and sacrificing itself to save Zoe.

Zoe felt a surge of anger and sadness as her Mimic fell to the ground, motionless. She gritted her teeth and focused her mind, calling her katana to her from where it was flying around the room.

The blade whizzed through the air with blinding speed, homing in on the Shadow Lurker. With a flash of steel, the katana found its mark, slicing deep into the creature's shadowy form.

The Shadow Lurker let out a howl of pain, its form flickering and fading. Zoe knew that this was her chance to finish the creature once and for all.

With a deep breath, Zoe activated her Mantis Blades, feeling the energy coursing through her body. She launched herself toward the Shadow Lurker, her blades flashing in the dim light of the room.

The creature fought back with equal ferocity, its shadowy form lashing out with its claws. Zoe dodged and weaved, her enhanced speed and agility allowing her to avoid the attacks.

 

As she continued to strike at the Shadow Lurker, Zoe used a shockwave beneath her feet and suddenly jumped into the air, gaining more height and power for her attack.

 

The Shadow Lurker howled in pain as Zoe's Mantis Blades sliced through its shadowy flesh. The creature staggered back, its form flickering and fading.

 

With one final strike, Zoe plunged her blades deep into the Shadow Lurker's chest. The creature let out a final, pained growl, then vanished into the shadows.

 

Zoe landed gracefully on her feet, feeling the rush of adrenaline still coursing through her body. She knew that her companion, the Mimic, would be back in her service in just one hour, so she wasn't too upset about losing it in the fight.

 

Roman stepped forward, his eyes filled with respect and admiration.

 

"You fought well," he said, offering a hand to help Zoe to her feet. "Your skills and strength are impressive, and you make a formidable warrior. With new cards, you will be a formidable ally."

 

Zoe nodded, feeling proud of herself for the victory. Despite the loss of her companion in the battle, she knew that she had emerged victorious and had overcome a really powerful boss.

 

When the battle with the Shadow Lurker was finally over, the room suddenly glowed with a bright light. Zoe shielded her eyes with her arm, trying to adjust to the sudden change.

 

As the light dimmed, Zoe saw four cards take off from the ground and now hang in the air. Behind the cards, a door appeared. A door of blue fire.

 

She approached the cards slowly, her heart pounding with excitement and anticipation. As she reached out to touch them, a strange energy filled the room, causing the air to vibrate and hum.

 

Zoe reached out and plucked the first card from the air.

Epic Elemental/Utility Card

Shadowflame Coating

Effect: This card allows the user to coat their weapons with shadowflame, a powerful elemental energy that increases the damage they deal. The user's attacks also have a chance to burn their target, dealing extra damage over time. The coating lasts for 15 minutes and can be reapplied in one hour.

Roman's eyes widened as he realized the power of this card. "Epic card on the first floor? That's really odd, I guess too many people died in Abyss" he said, with awe in his voice.

 

Zoe moved on to the second card:

Epic Elemental Card

Shadowbolts

Effect: This card allows the user to launch powerful bolts of black lightning at their target. The Shadowbolts have a high chance to stun or incapacitate the target upon impact. This card's power scales with the user's INT. Its usage limit of 25 once an hour.

Zoe could feel the power coursing through the card as she held it in her hand. She knew that this card would come in handy in future battles.

 

The third card was:

Epic Utility/Elemental Card

Shadowstep

Effect: When activated, this card allows the user to step into the shadows and reappear in a different location. The user can leap in shadows within 20 meters radius. The user can use the Shadowstep to escape danger, sneak up on enemies, or move quickly across a battlefield. Users can stay in Shadows for 30 seconds. Its usage limit is 20 times in an hour.

Zoe knew that this card would be useful for evading attacks and getting out of tight situations. She slipped it into her cyberdeck with others, ready to use it when the need arose.

 

The fourth and final card was:

Epic Blank Curse Card

When the user fulfills the requirement written on this card, this card will turn into an epic spell card. However, the user will be branded with a random epic curse.

Requirements to Convert the Card

The user who wants to convert this card must sit in a dark room with no light for 30 days.

Roman looked at the card curiously. "I wonder what this one will turn into," he mused.

 

Zoe shrugged. "I'm not sure I want to be branded with another curse. she said.

 

Roman chuckled, shaking his head "You commoners are really putting yourselves at risk with these curses. When we get to my house, I can find someone who's willing to take this curse of this card. Or worst-case scenario, you could sell this card."

 

Zoe grimaced and clutched at her chest, where she still felt unending suffering. "What do you mean, people are willing to take on this curse? Are you talking about Cursed dummies? I've heard of this but it's fucked up" she said, looking up at Roman.

 

"So you know them already! I can't say they're fully volunteers," Roman replied, "but we have servants whose job is to bear curses like this. In exchange for payment, they take on the curse so that others don't have to suffer. It's not an ideal solution, but it's better than nothing."

 

"But they're putting their lives in danger for money!" Zoe exclaimed. "How can you be okay with that?"

 

Roman raised an eyebrow. "I don't understand why you're so upset. These people have chosen to bear the curse in exchange for payment. It's a choice they've made willingly."

 

"But it's not fair to them!" Zoe protested. "They shouldn't have to suffer just because they need money. It's wrong."

 

Roman shook his head. "You commoners have such strange ideas. It's just the way things work in our world."

 

Zoe came to the realization that she couldn't confide in Roman. The two of them viewed the world from vastly different perspectives. "Perhaps that's why I was once a Noble Slayer," she admitted.

 

"Perhaps," Roman chuckled in response.

 

Zoe gestured toward the newly-formed teleportation gate. "We must proceed," she stated, indicating that it was time to move on.

 

Zoe and Roman stepped into the glowing blue flames of the teleportation gate, and a rush of energy washed over them. Their surroundings blurred and twisted, and they were plunged into a swirling vortex of colors and light.

For a moment, it felt like they were falling through an endless void. Then, as suddenly as it had begun, the sensation faded away, and they found themselves standing in a new location.

 

0