Chapter 12: Training Two Brats
111 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Eliwood POV)

It's been two weeks since Hector started getting taught by the stranger. He still hasn't given us his name. He said he'll do it when Hector reaches a certain level. Looking at this training I'm glad I declined his offer. Or I thought I declined his offer. If I declined it then why am I here learning with Hector.

"Put all your weight into the swing!"

"Don't lift your axe like that you'll hurt your back!"

"Lift with your legs not your back."

"Swing with your arms not your back!"

"Push your legs into the ground while you swing!"

Hector really is putting his all into it. I can't quit if he doesn't! I'll show him that I'm not a burden on him!

--

These kids really do want to get stronger. I think Eliwood only wants to so he can compete with Hector, but their reasons don't matter. As long as they put their all into it, the world's got a chance to make it out. I look over to the other people training in this courtyard. I can see a blonde-haired man practicing with other guards. His swings are swift, but they lack strength.

My staring at him apparently was noticed by a few of the guards and knights training. "Oi, Harken the lord's teacher is looking at you." After being notified he looks towards me and nods. I nod back and beckon him over.

Eliwood and Hector noticing something else happening put less effort into their training trying to watch the encounter. A long blue-haired woman could also be seen stopping her training to watch them.

"Your name is Harken correct?"

"Yes sir!"

"There's no need for that. I'm much younger than you."

"You're the young lord's teacher. That makes you a sir."

I sigh. "If that makes it easier for you go ahead and call me whatever."

"Yes sir."

I look him in his eyes and say out loud "Why do you fear going all out?"

He looks at me with shock and walks closer to me.

'Oops.'

He pulls his arm back to swing at me. His punch launches forward, but I step back dodging it.

"Now, now. There's no need to get so violent."

He continues swinging and his punches get more ferocious as time goes on. I continue to dodge watching him with a small smile. Hector and Eliwood have completely stopped training and have started watching the fight. Both of them cheering on Harken to beat me. 'I'll have to increase their training…'

While thinking that a fist strikes my stomach. The cheering stops and everyone goes silent. Harken realizing what he's done starts to panic and pull back his fist. Not staggering a bit from his hit a grab his arm and flip him over my shoulder.

"Good hit. Needs more strength though." I say looking down at him. "Get up. You need more power in your strikes."

I crouch down looking at him. "Use that rage you feel to fuel your strength. Let that strength be the method you use to protect. You are a knight of Pherae aren't you?"

Harken stops speechless for a moment. He gets off the ground and yells out "Yes sir!" He turns away and goes back to his training. His strikes getting stronger with every swing. I nod looking at the improvement that's already appeared.

"Are you two done slacking off or do you two want some hands-on training as well?" I say looking at the two lords slacking off. They both pick up their weapons and go back to training. The blue-haired woman looks back to Harken and seeing his determined face gains a slight smile.

--

At a window overlooking the training yard.

"What do you think, Marcus?" An older man says. He has the same features as Eliwood, but older. His hair a tad longer with a mustache.

"The trainer they received is definitely capable. He doesn't appear to be hostile with the way he's treating them. It honestly looks like he considers them his younger brothers. He also didn't stagger at Harken's punch. That alone tells me that he isn't someone to trifle with. Lord Elbert I believe we should try to recruit him permenantly. With his strength and teaching manners we'd be a force to reckon. Of course, we'd have to find out his background first…"

"He still hasn't said his name or anything we can use?"

"Not yet Lord Elbert."

"Keep an eye out for any information we can use then."

"Of course, my lord!"

--

It's been a month since I've started training these two. Today is my last day training them and the method I decided upon was a 1 vs 2 combat scenario.

"You two have to work together to beat me. If you don't manage it the training will be doubled." I look towards the both of them.

Eliwood shivered at that comment, while Hector's gaze turned fierce. "We won't lose!" Hector says looking towards Eliwood. "That's right!"

'Well at least they're both confident.'

I grab the wooden training sword on my sword ready a stance. I look towards the both of them and see them in the stances I've taught them. I give them a smile as they charge me.

Eliwood goes for a piercing strike towards my chest. I move my sword to push it skyward, but Hector is moving in from my flank. 'Let's see how they act when I turn them against each other.'

I parry Eliwood's strike and launch him towards Hector. Hector stops his strike and catches Eliwood.

"Sorry Hector."

"Don't worry. We just need to attack at the same time."

'That's good they're not focused only on themselves. They're working as a team to try and beat me.

At least they'll put on a good show for the audience.'

"Are you two done with your sweet moment? I do have other things to do today." I say grinning at them.

Hector ticked off at the remark, charges forward and starts spinning his axe. "Oh, you're stealing my technique from me? I don't know if I should be flattered or upset with your form."

He continues spinning the axe and then swings it towards me. While swinging it I notice Eliwood coming forward with a piercing strike.

'That's good they're using each other to their advantage.' I catch Hector's axe with my sword and overpower him. I move his axe to block the piercing strike. Taking that opportunity, I kick out towards Hector making him drop his axe. I then move towards Eliwood kicking the sword out of his hand.

"You're both disarmed." I say looking at the two of them eager to see what they're going to do.
Hector doesn't disappoint. He kicks Eliwood's sword towards him and then grabs a rock to throw at me. I dodge it and Eliwood comes in front of me launching a series of stabs. I parry them but lose sight of Hector in the process. I kick backwards expecting him to be there, but my kick hits the air. Hector approaches from my left and being caught off balance I drop my training sword and punch out towards him. My fist almost connects with his face, but I stop it right before his nose.

"Good job. You made me drop my weapon. That doesn't mean I'm defenseless though!" I say with a grin as I put my fist back to my side.

"Wait does that mean we won?"

"I suppose so." I say with a little smile looking at the two of them.

"Why did you hold back?" Eliwood asks me. I look at him, surprised he noticed.

"Oh? Looks like your eyes are quite good." I walk over and pick up the training sword and look towards the two of them. "I didn't go all out because I didn't need to. This is a training situation. If you want to see me all out." I look at them with a grin on my face. "Meet me on a battlefield."

"Now then I did say I had other things to do today. Do you two have any questions about today?"

I start heading for the exit and back to the main quest at hand.

"No sir!" They both reply.

"Alright then I'll see you guys in a year or so. So, go grow big and strong. Make sure Percival doesn't have any weak students."

"Wait where are you going?" Eliwood yells out.

"I'm going to go help out a friend of mine with a problem. Don't worry we'll see each other sooner rather than later."

'System set course for the Lorca Tribe. It's time to help Lyn out.'

4