CH 8 : A cute person
65 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Given permission to enter her humble abode, I lay a sweet smile as I thanked her for inviting me in. What's important was to set up a friendly first expression with her, since I was going to tell her about her secrets I needed to go about in a very nonchalant and casual manner with no hint of disapproval coming from my side.

Following her, the herbalist's full frame come into the picture. Her height was a little bit higher than mine thanks to the fancy heels she was wearing underneath her overly frilly black skirt accompanied by a plain white shirt tucked neatly inside it. Still what shocked me the most was not her overly cute style but instead her way too long hair that reached the floor. Just looking at her hair was giving me disgusting feels, this feeling of discomfort... like how do you even manage it so well? She must spend at least half of her day taking care of the hair alone.

But at the end of the day, it was her choice, who was I to tell her to stop doing what she enjoyed it's not like it was hurting anyone except my feelings.

[Mam, you may sit here]

Suddenly her sweet voice brings me out of my thoughts and I realize we have reached the living room. Noticing the sofa, I quickly make myself comfortable on it as the lady continues her introduction

[So Mam, what would be the identity you go by?]

[My name is Rosa, I have heard a lot of praise about you, people saying you are the savior of this city for providing cheap medicine, so I also wanted to take help of your kind services]

Flattery was my forte, saying nonsense that I didn't believe seem believable to others was expected of a scammer like me. Seeing the slight blush flash on her cheeks was a sign of my success. With just a tiny bit of flattery, she responded so positively, thus a hypothesis formed in my mind. Maybe this lady really likes being praised a lot by others, though I had to test it I was not going to do it since I wanted to establish a relationship of honesty and trust with her.

[Oh please, you exaggerate Mam, but yes, I just wasn't able to see any more suffering of us commoners at the hand of the nobility, thus I decided to take action....]

[Aww..it's really nice to see kind-hearted people still exist in this world, but you haven't told me your name miss]

[Ah! sorry where are my manners, it's Emily, born and raised a commoner]

[Nice to meet you, Emily, it's a very sweet name and it suits your cute fashion perfectly]

[Oh stop please, you flatter me too much Miss Rosa, but enough about me, how could I be of service]

Though she tries to move the conversation along, I could see the hesitant look she had on her face asking me to continue praising her. But she was still a professional that needed to provide medicine.

Staring into her eyes, I make a pained expression and lean forward to speak in a hushed voice

[Well you see, my pain is something that can't be fixed by any medicine, it requires a very special type of treatment]

[hmm, that seems bad, but don't worry I will have a cure for it]

[Is that so...you see, the medicine required for my treatment is a medicine known as gold]

Quickly her concerned and kind expression distort into that of a rabid beast, and within a fraction of a second her image before me disappeared and the next second I felt something cold looking to invite itself into my throat.

Glancing down, I see the tip of a sharp knife forming a small valley in my throat. A valley any bigger than that and blood was sure to come splurting out of my throat.

What the hell just happened?

Wasn't this cute lady supposed to be a herbalist? When did medics learn to become bloodthirsty assassins? 

Panic starts rising inside my body, and a fountain of sweat starts pouring down my face making my entire body start trembling.

Stop! Stop! Stop shaking stupid me! If I shake too much the knife was sure to dig deeper into my throat. But never before in my 24 years of life have I ever been in this kind of death situation.

I thought I was smart and could just be a smartass and talk my way into her joining my side but the naive me forgot to take one thing into account.

The residents of this world were not normal people.

If I had done something like this back on earth which I have plenty of time, the most it would escalate to was a fistfight. Your normal everyday citizen didn't know martial arts or even had a gun, to begin with but that was not the case in this world.

This was a world where monsters existed, where fireballs shoot out from people's hands, and there were adventures, heroes, and fighters thus it only made logical sense that someone involved in a shady business like her was sure to know a thing to two as well.

This was not my previous world, that was made glaringly clear to me right now.

She could slit my throat right now and there would be no consequence for her. It was not a diplomatic world I was used to, but instead, a world where raw power threw all common sense into the garbage and pissed on it. In such a world, a frail lady like me who couldn't even run for 10 minutes was quite literally at the bottom of the food chain.

Talking was not going to do shit for me here, the moment I start speaking about her scam she would without any hesitation just kill me on the spot but did that mean I shouldn't try? after all the cat was already somewhat out of the bag. I just had to trust in myself and hope for the best, maybe it's for the best she kills me here then perhaps I could go back to my original world.

I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. I kept repeating to myself in order to gaslight myself into showing a fraction of bravery.

As I kept ensuring myself endlessly, she was the one to break the heavy silence. Her sweet voice was now replaced with a deep low voice filled with a malicious and no-bullshit tone. This was not going to be a conversation, she would ask questions and I shall simply answer as honestly and shortly as possible, no playing miss smarty pants here

[Are you with those nobles?]

[No] I first spoke the answers numerous times in my mind so that I wouldn't stutter when speaking to her

[Are you sure?] how did her voice go even deeper?

[Yes]

[Really?]

eeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkk!!!! oh my! oh my! oh my! her blade just moved forward! The next moment I could feel something warm seeping from the point where the blade touched my throat.

y-yes rr--rr--reall ..yyyyesss rreall.....yes rea-re-reall-rell.....yes reall---yes really, yes really, yes really, yes really, YES REALLY!!!

[Yes, Really]

Though I tried my best to hide the terror in my voice and speak calmly, I was sure even an idiot could spot tell my bad acting. The sounds that were supposed to come out calmly were instead coming out with heavy shrieks and panic

[hmm, if not noble, then why did you bring up gold? Do you perhaps know what I'm doing?] sharp! she was surprisingly sharp! I was the idiot for thinking I could outsmart her by "talking"

[Yes]

[I see, but still, you showed up. Was it to talk some justice into me?]

[No] what justice? what's that? that word never greeted me even in my nightmares

[So not noble, you seem to have an idea of my scheme, also not here to be a heroine, then-]

[I want to become your servant, please let me join you] 

The words left my mouth and a crack sounded throughout the room. The knife pointed at my throat left it's comfort and I soon found my head falling down and banged onto the carpet on the floor.

I came here with the intention of making her my servant but the tables turned rather quickly on me.

As I lay still on the ground, my vision begins to darken and her pink cute heel comes into my vision.

With one quick sweep, she pulls me up into a princess carry. As my vision blurs further, darkness begins to sweep my body, before falling to slumber I notice her face for the last time before giving out.

[We shall talk when you wake up]

Her wild and murderous face from before now returned back to her previous bubbly and cute one. Her smile more bright then ever as her voice also returned back to a soft-shrieky tone.

What a not so cute lady at all

Was my last thought as my consciousness drifted away.

4