Chapter 2
1.3k 8 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Now try moving the air by your magic, Camilla.”

“Ok, first to use magic I have to feel the hidden power inside my body, which called mana.”

“That right.”

“Then, gather the mana that you feel towards your hands.”

“Yes.”

“Then, make the palms of your hands face each other in close distance and force your mana out of your palms and trap the mana carefully so it doesn’t flee from both of your hands.”

“Good.”

“feel the air that surrounds you and then imagine that your mana is part of it then try to move your magical power.”

*whoosh*

“Perfect, you did it!”

“Mom, I feel tired can I stop now.”

“You can stop, but you will start practicing again after Ren turn.”

“Oh, ok.”

Wow, Camilla is too smart for her age. Ok, I should begin now. They both staring at me and I don’t want to make them wait. This supposed to be my first time practicing magic, so I will act as if I’m trying to copy Camilla. I gathered my mana toward my hands. Then, I let the palms of my hands face each other exactly the same distance Camilla did and forced my mana out in between my hands. Then I waited like 10 seconds like I’m trying to feel the air that surrounds me and then released my wind magic.

*whoosh*

“I DID IT!!”

I exaggeratedly shouted to give the idea that this is my first time. I don’t plan to keep my true experience in using magic a secret, because I don’t know how I should explain it to them at this young age. Actually, I want to show them how reliable my magic is, but I don’t want them to know that I’m a reincarnator. so I will slowly show them my true power later. Me being a reincarnator is the only thing that I don’t want to share with this world. I just don't want anyone to talk about my past life.

“Perfect, now practice magic until you don’t have mana anymore.”

“Mom, why should we practice until we can’t use mana again?”

“Don’t worry. You will not lose mana forever. You will recover your mana back and fast when you are sleeping.”

“Oh, but I still don’t get why we have to practice magic.”

“It’s because the more you practice your magic when you are younger, the stronger it’s become when you are an adult. So that why I’m teaching you at a young age. You may get a better magical power than me and Violet if you practice hard when you young.”

“Hmm, I see.”

“This is a secret only between the family. If you tell anyone else about this secret, I will get really angry. Camilla, if you talk to anyone other than the family about this secret, then you will not eat sweet food for the rest of your life.”

“No sweet food for the rest of my life!!?”

“Also, Ren, if you talk about this to anyone outside the family. Then, you will not be allowed to be outside the house without permission.”

“y-yeah?”

Wow, I never knew that if I practice magic when I’m young, I will get much stronger when I’m an adult. Thanks to my broken cheat ability which called translation magic that I was able to read books when I’m a baby and raise my magic power. But this is important knowledge. Still, why is it only a secret between the family? What bad will it do if you share it with people? Wouldn’t it improve the lives of people and give them a more peaceful life? It’s just not fair to just keep it for only your family.

"…Ren, you are not planning on telling anyone else about this magic strengthening method, are you?”

Magic strengthening…magic…WAIT! Wait wait wait. What am I thinking? This is another world with magic. This world has many other humanoid races. I should not apply my common sense from my past life to it, stupid me. It should have a different common sense than my past world. What if one of the humanoid races has stronger magic power than humans and vampires? What if they are the enemy of humans or any other races? If they got the knowledge to boost their power because we were careless, Wouldn't they be able to dominate any races? And if they dominant all the races, wouldn’t everyone blame the humans or become their enemy? To think such a small carelessness could lead to a huge disaster.

“I UNDERSTAND!!”

"“huh?””

“I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND!!”

"…Ok.”

I should trust my family more. They have more experience living in this world than me. I should follow them and get stronger.

From this day I started to train myself more seriously.

◊♦◊♦◊♦◊♦◊♦◊♦

What I learned from yesterday’s battle with the goblins is my way of fighting waste so much MP. Even if I raised my magic power too much, it doesn’t mean sending things flying like in the anime and manga will be effective. After the fight with goblins, I’m thinking of a way to use wind magic better in effective ways and I managed to think of one new strategy to use wind magic. It’s collecting many bags then fill them with sand and then keep them in storage magic, so I can use the sand to blind the enemy using the wind. I still don’t know how to use my magic abilities better, but I have a long way to learn. My way of thinking was too simple before. I was stupid for thinking I would get stronger just by raising my stats like in the games. So from today, I will train to sharpen my magic. With my past magic training, I’m able to send magic power in an instance from my hand without feeling the flow of mana and other basic things. But this time instead of using my whole hand in sending mana, I will use only my fingertips. Maybe by doing that, I will be able to apply much pressure to my magic, resulting in a powerful sharp attack. well, I hope so.

I also begin to train in water magic while I’m being thought how to do it with Camilla.

By the way, now I understand how broken my cheat skills are.

First, translating skill basically translates anything to me in an easy way to understand and can even translate my speech. I only talk a little before. I was nervous to talk because I didn’t know how to speak the language they speak with. But when I tried, I felt like translating skill is telling me what to say. still, I’m not used to this way of talking yet.

Second, storage skill. It lets me store about 1000 kg of items. I can’t store more items than that. the broken thing about it is that as long as I can touch the thing with my hand, I can store it with storage skill. If I store warm food in it, it will stay warm no matter how long time has passed.

I still want to grind levels by killing monsters, I just feel like doing that because I have an RPG like skill and because of my gaming habit, but I will try to hold myself for a year at least. When my stats are better.

For now, I will try finding new magic books. I’m sure not only Mom Claire has the most important books. Maybe one of her daughters has an important book, so I will try to sneak into their rooms later.

◊♦◊♦◊♦◊♦◊♦◊♦

the next day at noon I found no hint of my sister Violet at the mansion. So I tried asking my sisters about her.

Eliana: “She went outside.”

“Where?”

“I told you she went outside.”

Hmm, so she doesn’t know. Ok, I will ask Aurora.

Aurora: “Wassup bro, want to practice how to handle a sword?”

Why are you telling a 2 years old kid to practice swordsmanship?

“No, I-”

“Then come back when you want to. I’m busy right now.”

Ok… let’s try asking Camilla.

Camilla: “Hmph, baka I don’t want to play with you anymore.”

What the heck? Why is she mad? Also, did my translation skill just translate idiot into baka? Let’s go ask Sophia.

Sophia: “Ara ara Ren-kun, want to play with Onee-chan?”

The same moment I received her words, a chill runs through my body. Hey translation skill, can you stop that? You are going to break me if you keep doing that.

“No, I just want to know if you know where Violet is.”

“Ehh I thought you came to me because you finally want to play with Onee-chan. Okay then, if you promised to play with me later, then I will tell you where Violet is right now.”

“Ok, I promise to play with you later.”

“Fufufu~ because you promised Onee-chan, I will tell you where Violet is. Violet went to an adventure.”

“went to an adventure?”

“Yeah, Violet is an adventurer. So she hunts monsters and searches for treasures and explores new places.”

“Wow, that so cool.”

“Tch… yeah, she is cool. Anyway, don’t forget to play with Onee-chan later.”

Did I hear her click her tongue? Must have been my imagination.

“Ok, I will come later.”

◊♦◊♦◊♦◊♦◊♦◊♦

Violet’s room was locked, so I went outside the mansion. And I used fly magic to reach her window. I opened the window and went inside the room. I used night vision inside her dark room, then I started to search for magic books. I started to search in every storage in her room, but I didn’t find a book yet. I searched in the closet, under the bed, under the pillow, between her cloths, between her underwears and I finally found a book in her room.

Who the heck put a book under the underwear?

The book was about detecting support magic. nice, a new support magic. I put the book inside my storage magic.

I tidied her room as it was before and leave through her window and closed it.

Now I’m going to visit Sophia.

◊♦◊♦◊♦◊♦◊♦◊♦

“Big sis, I’m back.”

“Come enter the room, Ren-kun.”

Sigh... stupid skill.

“How do you want to spend your time with Onee-chan?”

“Hmm, we could play Dots and boxes.”

“Oh my, what is this game about?”

“It’s a pencil-and-paper game for two players. Let’s start with 5x5 dots as a tutorial.”

After the tutorial mode. We played 10 matches, and the results were 9 wins for Sophia and 1 wins for me. Of course, I will never lose if I didn’t hold back with my gaming skills, but that for later.

◊♦◊♦◊♦◊♦◊♦◊♦

It’s been 1 month since I took detecting support magic books.

I finished reading it and returned it to Violet’s room between her underwear.

I learned detect enemy, detect traps, detect mana.

Detect enemy let you detect anyone with magical power at a distance of 50 meters for 4 MP and 100 meters for 16 MP and 200 meters for 64 MP. 50 meters is good enough for me.

detect traps let you detect a trap, not the trap that has d*** or any normal traps, but the traps that have magic power in it, like teleportation traps and exploding traps and something like that. It costs the same way as the detect enemy does.

Detect mana let me how many mana the enemy has by seeing it as an aura flowing out of their body. it's also can tell me if some tools have a magical power in it by the type of aura it has. But thanks to translation magic skill their aura looks like this when I use detect mana (Claire MP: 1782/1604) and the items are like ( Magic Robe: +3 magic Def up/ +10% mana recovery speed up).

Can this skill stop being too broken already? Anyway, this is the mana of the rest of the family.

(Reo MP: 234) (Saya MP: 43) (Sophia MP: 312) (Rem MP: 455) (Aurora MP: 281) (Eliana MP: 177) (Lily MP: 143) (My MP: 243) (Claire MP: 1782) (Violet MP: 1132) (Nora MP: 932) (Nana MP: 928) (Camilla MP: 137)

And about the servants of the house, their mana is about 17-63 MP. I feel sad for them.

Now I will go back to do my training and then go to sleep.

◊♦◊♦◊♦◊♦◊♦◊♦

I’m now 3 years old.

I ask my sister Aurora to let me practice swordsmanship and she accepts, but then my mom learned about it and got angry. Poor Aurora, but now I know how to handle a sword at least. I also was able to raise my stats too much.

This is… y’know, my stats right now. Ok, I will shut up.

name: Ren
Gender: male
Age: 3 years
Level: 3
HP: 32/32
MP: 338/342
Strength: 21
Agility: 12
resistance: 8
Magic attack: 42
Magic defense: 28 
Magic support: 42 
int: 96

Time for level grinding!!

I’m walking outside the mansion at night. So everyone think I’m sleeping right now. Oh yeah, I forgot to say, I got my own room, so I don’t sleep with my mom anymore.

Now I’m near the forest. Using night vision will cost me 1 MP per second. That means using it for 5 minutes will cost 300 MP. ugh, that too much. Should I go back? Well, I will come back later before the sun comes out. When the sky a little brighter.

3 hours later.

Now the sky is a little brighter, I can see better. Now let’s go to the forest.

Ugh, it’s still too dark inside the forest. I can’t see what inside it clearly. Then when is the best time to visit the forest?

I returned to the mansion…

I have to think of another way to get inside the forest. What should I do to be prepared to get inside the forest? Do I have to keep holding a torch while looking for an enemy? I might start a fire by mistake while battling. What is another way to see in the dark? Isn’t there light magic that costs 0.1 MP per second? Let’s ask Clair about that.

“Mom Claire.”

“Yes Ren, what is it?”

“Is there a light magic?”

“There is no light magic. But there are magic stones that produce light.”

“I want a magic stone that produces light.”

“Why, are you afraid to sleep at night?”

“Well yes, but actually no.”

“But magic stones are expensive.”

“How expensive is it?”

“50 silver coins.”

“uhh, how much is 1 silver coin?”

“By 1 silver coin you can get for yourself a meal 5 times or you could buy a bow by it. 1 silver is the same price as 100 copper coin.”

“Is there a coin that is more expensive than a silver coin?”

“Yes, there is.”

she started writing the price of coins in a paper for me.

100 copper = 1 silver
100 silver = 1 gold
100 gold = 1 white gold

“Thank you, Mom Claire.”

“No problem. You can come to ask me anything when you want to learn about magic.”

It can’t be helped then. I will not go to the forest until I get a light magic stone.

◊♦◊♦◊♦◊♦◊♦◊♦

“Hey Ren, let’s play.”

Camilla said to me.

“Play Dots and boxes?”

“Nope you baka, let’s play hide and seek.”

“Ok, who will hide?”

“Me, lily and Eliana. You have to find us inside the mansion.”

“Ok then, I will count inside my room. I will come out after I count to 100..uhh 50.”

“Ok, don’t forget to try to find us.”

“yea yea, now go hide.”

I closed the door and started to count.

“Hmph.”

She said, then she started running.

After I finished counting, I immediately started searching inside Eliana's room. Maybe I could find a magic book inside her room. I search in every place that a book can be. I didn’t find any interesting books. Next, I entered my dad's room. Searching in every place in the room trying to find a magic book. I found Camilla in the closet. I tried to close the closet slowly.

“Hey! why did you try to close the closet?”

“Oh Camilla, you were here I never knew.”

“You lier. Anyway, you don’t have to search for anyone anymore. It’s my turn to search.”

“No, this game never ends until I find everybody. You can wait in your room or play outside."

“then, that your decision. Try to find everyone.”

I searched inside in every room I enter until I found everyone. Ugh, I want to search more.

this time is Camilla's turn to search for us.

Well, I don’t care. I will continue to search.

At least, I finally managed to find a book in Nora’s room while I was searching. It’s about golem creating. I always wanted to have a golem that serves me. I’m too excited to create my first golem.

◊♦◊♦◊♦◊♦◊♦◊♦

the next day.

*knock knock*

“Ren, it’s me Nora, open the door RIGHT NOW!!”

I opened the door and saw Nora glaring at me.

“W-what is going on, Nora?”

“Don’t play dumb. I already heard that you spend so much time searching in my room while playing hide and seek.”

“So what the problem with that.”

“The problem is that you stole my book from my room! Now give me my book back or I will strip you naked.”

“Why would you strip me naked!?”

“Because you stole my book.”

“That doesn’t make any sense!”

“Choose, get naked or give me back the book already.”

“Okay, sorry, I only planned to borrow the book for a little. I didn’t plan to steal it. But I want to ask you if I could borrow it when you have done with it.” 

“Well, if I felt like it, I will let you borrow it at that time.”

“Thanks, now wait for a little.”

I opened the closet then I enter it then I closed back the closet.

“Why do you enter the closet?”

“To search for the book, duh.”

I took the book from my storage magic, then I opened the closet again and handed the book to Nora.

“You are weird.”

“No yo- ow… why did you hit me.”

“Because you were about to say something rude.”

 

29