Introduction (glossary)
518 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anyone who knows the world of the Elder scrolls well can safely skip this introductory chapter. I would put this information in the glossary, but for some reason it is difficult to align the text there.

A very brief excursion into the world of the Elder Scrolls.


LOCATION

Tamriel is one of the continents on the fictional planet Nirn in the world of the Elder Scrolls. The actions in this fanfiction will take place in two of its regions - Cyrodiil and Skyrim.


CHARACTERS

In addition to Nirn and the so-called nine good gods, there is the otherworld of Oblivion with the Daedric gods (demons). The barrier between Nirn and Oblivion is held by the artifact "Amulet of the Kings", which prevents the Daedric armies from invading Nirn.

Here are some of the Daedric princes involved in the story:

Meridia is the Daedric Prince "of Life and Light", associated with the energies of living things. The Sunburst is her symbol. She has a great and everlasting hatred for the undead and will greatly reward any who eliminate them from the world. As such, Meridia has a reputation for benevolence, and is one of the few Daedric Princes who is usually not considered to be wholly evil.

Molag Bal is the Daedric Prince whose sphere is the domination and enslavement of mortals. His ultimate desire is to harvest the souls of all mortals, bringing them within his sway by spreading seeds of strife and discord in the mortal realms. The Prince has a penchant for necromancy, often employing the use of the risen dead and forcing his followers to serve beyond the grave.


ORGANIZATIONS

The Order of the Black Worm, also known as the Cult of the Black Worm, the Worm Cult, or the Fellowship of Anchorites, is a magical organization consisting largely of necromancers. They follow the teachings of Mannimarco, their "King of Worms". They are traditionally rivals of the Mages Guild.Β The necromancers of the Worm Cult use both regular magic, as well as spells to summon beings such as skeletons, ghosts, or zombies. In rituals, the necromancers mark their undead, or living, minions. Other magic used by the worm cult is the ability to reanimate the dead, a feature which they sometimes use at graveyards.

The Mages Guild is a professional organization, located throughout Tamriel. It is dedicated to the study and application of magicka and alchemy, but has certain restrictions, such as the Necromancy ban. Its charter from the Emperor specified that the guild must provide magic services to the public. Anyone can purchase potions, alchemical ingredients, magical items, and a selection of standard spells from the guild.

Β (https://en.uesp.net/wiki)

0