prologue
84 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hello guys, it's my turn again to do this, so I'd appreciate it if you could point out any incorrect grammar and what you thought of the story.

I'm Yami chinichiro, I'm a male student, I'm 60 years old this year. And right now I'm standing in an unknown place to me. I found myself surrounded by mountains. The sky was a deep blue, and there were no clouds to be seen anywhere. It seemed that the sun had risen before me.

However, it wasn't shining directly at me. I could see several shadows of trees on the ground below me. There was nothing else around me. No roads or houses, just endless fields, My body is mysteriously reverted back when I was eighteen years old, for an unknown reason.

But then I saw a little girl appear under the shadows of one of the trees she has a basket in her hand and her hair is tied with flowers. She looked like an angel from heaven. But she started walking towards me.

She approached me until she stood right in front of me and said "Hello it seems you're awake," in a sweet voice.

"Where am I? I asked.

The girl smiled, "You are in the forest, near the house of the demon god."

"A demon god?"

"Yes, you must be very lucky to have met such a wonderful person as me."

I felt confused, but still I asked, "What's your name?"

The girl laughed and answered, "My name is Akane, and I'm the demon god"

Then I asked again, "So why do you look like an angel?"

Akane smiled, "Because this is not my true "body". This is only my avatar."

"Avatar?" I asked.

"Yes, If I showed you my true form your soul wouldn't be able to handle it, so I can only show you my avatar," she explained while smiling.

Even though I'm in front of a demon's god, I'm not scared the slightest bit.

"Can I ask you about 2 things?" I asked.

"Sure," she replied.

"First can I return to my previous world?" Akane gave me a negative answer, her face unfeeling, before presenting her reasons. "The flow of interdimensional rifts is unstable; if you try to return to your old world, your soul may not be able to take it and you will die." Akane explained grimly.

"Second why did you come here to meet me?"

Akane giggled and said, "Well I came here because I wanted to talk to you."

"To talk to me?"

"Yes, I want to know if you will help me protect my people from the heroes, "she told me.

"Protect them from the heroes? Why?" I asked.

"Because they are planning to destroy us, "she replied.

"Who are these heroes?" I asked.

"They are heroes that were summoned by the humans to slaughter my kin!" Akane explained while having a sad expression on her face.

"Why?" I asked her.

"Because they think we're evil. They believe that my kind is a threat to humanity," Akane explained to me.

"That's absurd!" I yelled.

"Indeed, and I've tried talking to them several times already, but all of them are afraid of me because they think I'm evil," Akane said sadly.

And you want me to stop them?" I asked.

"Yes, please!" Akane said while grabbing my hands.

I was a little surprised by her strength, but then I realized that she was just a child.

"Can't you just face them yourself?" I asked.

Akane shook her head, "No, I cannot fight them. They have the power to kill gods, so even if I fight them I will be killed without me being able to put up any resistance. So I need someone to help me."

"I see," I said.

"Will you help me?" Akane asked while looking straight into my eyes.

I was tempted to say yes, but then I thought about it.

"I don't know," I said.

Akane frowned, "Why not?"

"I mean... what would happen to me after I helped you?" I asked.

"Nothing, you won't be punished for helping me," Akane said while smiling.

"That's not what I meant, "I replied.

"Then what did you mean?"

"Well..." I hesitated.

"Just tell me, "Akane insisted.

"I'm afraid of dying, "I admitted.

Akane stared at me for a moment and then said, "I promise you that if you help me, you won't die. Akane said while squeezing my hands.

I felt a bit embarrassed when she said that, but I knew that if I didn't agree I would lose her trust, so I agreed.

"So what should I do?" I asked.

"First," I need you to become the demon lord!" she said while looking into my eyes.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

Akane looked into my eyes and said, "If you become the demon lord, then you'll have the power to save us! You can defeat the heroes and stop their attacks against us!"

"But I'm just a human, how-" I started to object.

"Don't worry, I will give you the power to become the demon lord, "Akane said while smiling at me.

I had no idea what she meant, but I decided to trust her.

"Alright, I'll do it," I said.

"Thank you, "Akane said while kissing me on the cheek.

Then she took out a ring from her pocket and placed it on my finger.

"This will grant you the powers of a demon lord," Akane explained while showing me the ring.
"How?" I asked.
"Just wear it and you will be able to control the demons," she told me.
I took off the ring from her hand and put it on my finger. A black aura began forming around my body.

1