Progressing Part 1
31 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two more years later and things progressed smoothly, as you would imagine it. I spent more time around my parents and even began talking to them shortly after turning one, fluently. As you would imagine, my parent's freaked out and made an unnecessarily large upheaval about theirs sons prodigious ways that have far surpassed what they have bestowed upon me in terms of knowledge. I decided not to conceal my linguistical ability and instead exercised it constantly in their presence as I felt roleplaying a child's improper speaking habits would not only be draining, but extremely superficial and dishonest. For some forsaken reason, I felt obliged to stay honest to my parents and grant them joy rather than a normal child. It's not like I owed them to be the child they wanted me to be. I wouldn't prolong such a ridiculous performance for my pride and for the sake of living how I wanted.

Alongside my freakish vocal proficiency, unusual for my age, I had finally unclogged my mana veins completely through the strenuous effort through these two long-drawn-out years. The constant repetitive nature of distributing minute fragments of raw mana through the selected vein which transported the excess to the desired location I had planned. The finesse I had in this department from my previous life coordinating with the muscle memory that I sophisticated in the thirty six months I have been present and aware in this world, led to an incredible initial reaction to my muscles supporting themselves through the conveyed mana and moving flawlessly in high speeds around the front yard.

My father originally caught on to me, when he returned from a tiresome day at work and stumbled on his three year old child jumping heights most men couldn't achieve alongside the boost of mana. Actually, on the topic of my crux and mana amount, in this world I have been granted with a slightly smaller amount of mana originating in my crux upon my prime use. It wasn't heavily smaller and I knew that with the rapid rate I developed, that could very well still increase until I'm fifteen, since the amount of mana grows in unison with your body whilst it evolves.

Flowing back from my running thoughts, after my father had reported on my behaviour to my mother, she heavily insisted on my fathers hand in my assistance. Though it was highly unnecessary, I appreciated her approval for something she realised I enjoyed. Admittingly, my mother confessed to already knowing what I had been doing and had been watching me closely to make sure of my safety but in no way did she plan to halt my progress which left so much joy on her smug little expression. Today, would be my first lesson from my father.

"Eli!" My father called out to me making sure I was present, like a sergeant calling his men in the army awaiting a response.

"Yes, father!" I responded back firmly, saluting out of habit to which my father looked at me strangely but decided to dismiss my gesture.

"Your mother has convinced me to start teaching you magic and mana manipulation from this day forward. I had obviously accepted, so here we are. I want to see maximum effort from you."

I nodded along to his explanation standing implanted in a singular position not flinching even to the strong wind currents passing by, wafting my argent hair which accented my sharp scarlet gaze that stalked my father during his explanation like a predator observing its prey. Though he caught onto it his stature didn't waver and instead intensified sizing me up as well.

"Those fierce eyes you have are clearly itching for a fight, but keep them away in the manifestation of someone superior to you, it will save you multiple times in the future." His tone glided alongside the fluctuating speeds of the breeze that rustled the parakeet grass blades, advising me and cementing a warning to me establishing his dominance over me who clearly provoked him.

I softened my eyes at his words and he smiled confidently.

In the manifestation of someone superior, huh? Aren't you mistaking our positions here? This thought governed my mind which was fully confident in its power, even at this age, to still beat my father.

"So as you have obviously showcased how much you excel in manipulating your mana and in the achievement of being filter your mana veins by yourself, I will simply glide over this topic. After all your movements and the rotations in your mana resemble someone of incredible instinct and an experienced combat prowess. Let's begin with applying a magical affinity to our magic. Now, a bit of backstory in terms of the origin of elemental magic materializing, the first elemental mana user appeared roughly three hundred years ago. His name was never recorded, however his appearance had been recounted by multiple eyes several times. An uncanny build that was abnormally tall. Magma encrusted spikes near his shoulders and chains binding his ash coloured skin that was decorated by scars and tattoo's. An incredibly menacing presence that submerged people near his proximity into a spiralling feeling of revolt and death that crushed at their being and suffocated them under the extreme circumstances."

His narration of the history that I had experienced in my previous life matched perfectly, if anything extending further than what I had read into formerly. That was precisely the figure mentioned multiple time as the ancestor and founder of elemental magic. The name given to the man, or creature, by the people who passed on his knowledge that was handed through countless assaults he focused on the world...

"Draviol was the name gifted upon this monstrosity that appeared in our world, and taught us unwillingly elemental magic by reeking havoc on the newly formed nations, at least back then. First, the Elf Kingdom fell first to his grasps, followed by the Dragons and the Dwarves which lived as practical neighbours sharing the same mountain ranges in the north, the dwarves living in the mountain and the Dragons atop them in their spires. Then he flew up to the weakened Human Kingdom soaring in the sky and sought to repeat the massacre he had previously left on the other nations. He almost succeeded, but fortunately one of the human mages grasped the concepts of elemental affinities and their applications and intervened in his destruction. He could only buy time from inevitable doom, but in the time he committed towards fighting Draviol, others soon arrived who evolved in the same way those two gods had and implemented it as a normality, killing Draviol a month later after his attack on the floating nation we live on today."

This story was one of my favourites back when I was a child in my previous world and first ignited the spark in me of wanting to be the strongest. To face on such a threat, head first. To be fair to me, I had...but I died in the process. Anyway, this retelling flooded me with nostalgia and made my story fill up with some of the missing details I had lost over time.

"Father, what about Milo Xander? How long ago did he die?" I interrogated my father who was already passing his history knowledge along so it felt right to ask now.

He paused for countless moments and crouched in front of me, the heavy waves that enveloped me from his stare crushed me before stepping back and beginning. "I don't know how you came across his name since there are no books in our house with that name recorded, but I won't ask. I was going to mention him anyway so lets finish the history lesson after this and get to the actual magic." I agreeably looked to him and awaited for the reveal of how long it had been since I died.

"The person in recent history who transcended everyone's achievements in this field was Milo Xander, who had been granted the title of world's strongest by all four races twenty years ago. He mastered the affinities of fire, water, earth, wind, lightning, ice and healing with one other person but the nation rejects his name so I won't mention it. So that's it, no more questions anymore, I'm done with that, okay?"

I hesitantly responded to my father, "Okay," But still, twenty years?

3