Hope Part 1
13 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aldir Ashburn POV:

"I was planning on it." Eli left a small message for me. I didn't know if he was confident I'd beat this giant by myself, but it certainly gave me some kind of boost.

"The prodigy is relying on me, huh?" I declared. Somewhere deep inside I still considered my son nothing more than an alternate version of me, that's why I think I struggled to openly call him son and believe it with my heart. It was painful to admit, but I hadn't grown enough as a man, mentally, to be able to acknowledge something so self-evident.

"Come at me then, you overgrown, moving tree!"

I dashed towards the gargantuan beast in front of me who had yet to twist its body back in my direction. Its slow moves clicked along with it's mass like a cog stuck in a machine resulting in a rhythmic timing.

"Its almost like its allowing me to conduct my movements according to the pattern it's rusted body is setting out for me." My analysis was hopeful yet I decided to observe, circling round the creature and hardening the sloppy ground with my earth mana conjuring a viable path available for when I attempt my first hits.

It's boulder fists swung downwards at my swift movements in heavy motion, increasing in speed as the mass fell to the ground with the assistance of the gravitational pull causing me to avoid the hits slightly pre-emptively to each click, that had a rough interval of three seconds, before each definitive cog began turning from it's moss-covered rust. On it's next swing, I closed the distance bursting forward, fire mana radiating in blazing flame as I exploded to its existence, my blade withdrawing precisely as I glide past its Achilles and fall out on to the outskirts of my previously established circular path. The impact of the sword and its sturdy wood and stone covered limb reverberated through my weapon sending jitters through my arms.

I can't attack like that! I didn't even cause any serious damage like that but instead tempered my sword and wasted a sure hit! Think, Aldir, think!

In the midst of battle, clashes resounded through the forest in weighted hits, creating a heavy tension in the air. The rain didn't let up either, throwing its millions of spears at my body, manifesting extra weight on my leather clothes, slowing me down and exhausting my stamina more thoroughly.

"I guess this wouldn't be challenge if didn't have to do something special, ey!?" My voice spurred a fire inside me and I began fluxing the mana out of my crux through my veins in a gradually increasing flow that added more volume with each rotation. My movements continued moving in an erratic circle, however now arbitrarily switching direction. My constant motion distanced my concentration from my rotating mana releasing pure mana more fiercely than ever.

A navy blue glow seeped off of me in a great appearance spanning far ahead of me, my vision momentarily trading colours, falling into a submersion of a completely blue world. The sword cocked back resting on my shoulder in a thrusting position, the tip of my blade placed on my makeshift crosshair, of my index and middle finger.

"It's over!" I grimaced at the frozen image clearly painted in my mind. My presence vanished from my origin point, transcending to the giant in incredible speed. My perspective jumped from first person to third, a sort of out of body experience. My figure blurred with only current lines left suspended mid-air in my sprint like a competitor being left far in the distance in my astonishing speed.

It's core began glinting in a white that left remains of blue tarnished in few shreds, my sword drew towards it instinctively, my world retracting to first person and collapsing in front of me before pulling me into the centre spot. I felt no oppression to my blade, almost like a hot knife through butter, but even smoother, erasing the whole mid section of its body, blasting incredible wind pressure that dispelled the rain and clouds for a few brief moments, the moon now up and covering me in all its glory and sumptuous spotlight.

The black liquid coursing through its body, splattered in a substance only describable as viscous and icky, with an awful stench. Though all those sensations and thoughts didn't exist for that one moment. The only true moment in life I had ever felt like this. My heart pummelled away at my chest in a fanatical drumming style that was crazy chaotic. A distinguished smile covered in the grimy blood still remained imperiously at the sight of this sensation.

"Victory." I let out a exasperated sigh. Against a beast of this calibre, if I was back with my old family, they would definitely praise that as something. They were wrong after all. I have talent!

My thoughts naturally aligned to Eli after my awful gloating. "Is Eli finished? I did hear some nasty clashes but it seems it's ceased all further action. Should I go look for him?" I was baffled that Eli hadn't emerged yet. I was confident he'd be able to handle it by himself, no matter how strange it seemed that a five year old was fighting, it urged uncertainty to light within me.

"I should go check on him th-" My words froze. The atmosphere grew heavier than it had before and the smell of blood intensified in a nauseating stench causing bile to rise up to my mouth. My breaths became shallow unable to extract the unesssecary oxygen, like I was being suffocated.

What is it? Who is it, I thought, remaining in the fixed position I had been assigned to, my lower jaw spasming causing it to clash against my upper sounding a rattling of my teeth through the otherwise silent forest littered with only light rain now, the moonlight revealed for the closing act.

3