Chapter 413: Connecting Amleth to Elven Kingdom part 7
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This causes a heated discussion between all the islands. While the Lake Guardian doesn't have a master, as it's the strongest living creature, so no one can tame it, the offspring, on the other hand, will definitely be a different story.

Although there are records of those who have tried to subdue and tame the Lake Guardian, this giant goldfish isn't one that can be easily brought down. Though it's magically powerful, its greatest asset is that it will swallow everything and crush everything it eats with the dark mana in its digestive system, be it humans, animals, monsters, plants, or even the recorded history of a tiny island being swallowed whole. That's the lake guardian greatest strength! 

Mermaids may be able to communicate with the Lake Guardian, but there have been no sightings of mermaids in this land for centuries. There are stories of their princesses communicating with the Lake Guardian and the fishes here, much like Grandmother Farhah did with Mother Nature. They knew I could communicate, but they didn't really force me to do anything strange back then because they respected me, Sister Khamisah and the elven convoy. I don't think they'll do the same this time, but oh boy, am I wrong. 

"I can't do my work in peace... Not when they're pestering me very nicely, trying to invite me to their island..." [Diana]

"Well, those who control the Lake Guardian descendants will definitely have an influence in this land, hence their reaction" [Kara].

"If they come and bother you again, I have no qualms about using Gungnir" [Dana]

"Take it easy. I understand that you're trying to protect your little sister, but this will definitely do more harm than good" [Soerjadi].

"I know, I know, I'm just saying" [Dana]

"Now is a good time to put into practice what Her Highness Ophelia and Her Highness Tiara have been teaching you" [Jean].

"More like putting into practice Master Merlin's teaching" (and Fairy Queen Titania's suggestion to make them crazy as well) [Diana].

My answer is met with a strong pinch in my left cheek

Wandering Sage, on the other hand, took a boat and went from island to island, trying to find out what each island wanted to do with the offspring. While Sas said it was definitely for power, Nar suggested other reasons. From protection to blessing, the reasons can be many. 

For example, the water miasma of the Lake Guardian, it's pure enough to be used as a clean water source. Not only that, but frequent consumption is associated with an increase in water mana strength of an individual. The fin is strong enough to be used as a shield, but more importantly, as a material for weapons such as water swords or spears. What's more, the excrement is something that can definitely be used as fertilizer. So much more than just a power struggle, which is why they were so eager to establish a good relationship with me.

"Hmm..."

"Something wrong?" [Soerjadi]

"Well... I was just wondering, wouldn't nearby monsters take advantage of the fact that the Sea Guardian is about to lay her eggs?"

"And?" [Soerjadi]

"Oh! I see what you mean! I read it in a book about the Lake Guardian. Some scholars speculate that while it is indeed a normal goldfish that becomes gigantic due to magic and environment, it doesn't take away from the fact that such a monster will be weakened when it gives birth, thus allowing its natural predators or anything that couldn't threaten it before to take advantage of it".

"I see. That actually makes sense" [Sas].

"But what exactly will try to harm the Lake Guardian?" [Savel]

"I'm not a scholar, but there are water dragon hatchlings here, but they're not the ever-powerful water dragon. There's also hydras, as well as fresh lake megalodons trying to take over. Maybe they will" [Soerjadi].

"The ecosystem here is even more diverse than I first thought" [Linda].

True. Who'd have thought there'd be a juvenile water dragon and a megalodon? I certainly didn't, but the locals here didn't bat an eye when Soerjadi mentioned it, so I think they just knew about it and lived with the threat. 

"Whoa there. Slow down. Can't you see we're in the middle of something important here?" [Soerjadi]

"My apologies, Soerjadi. I'm sorry, I have a message for the young lady Diana Vars."

"Let me guess... Another invitation?" [Diana]

"Truly. Since the news of the Lake Guardian has basically gone public, there will be a meeting at the castle with representatives from all the islands involved, so they decided to extend an invitation to Young Lady Diana Vars as well."  

0