Chapter 419: Connecting Amleth to Elven Kingdom part 13
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nar goes to one monarch while Sas goes to another. As for me and Jean, we went to the side where Nar was, while Wandering Sage went with Sas. Nar and Sas go without any cover. They literally walk alone without any protection. Like a warrior, unafraid, telling the whole country that they're here and there's nothing anyone can do to stop them. That's how fearless they are. The look on their face as they walk away is one of conviction, of a hero who's going to protect what's important to them. It's a look that melts away any fear and anxiety I have. If it's them, I believe they can do it.

Randy and Savel are on high alert. They're responsible for protecting everyone while the team installs the core. The Grugach are hiding in Werehouse to avoid detection. Werehouse needs to make itself bigger, so it transforms into its largest form to accommodate everyone. 

Kara and Mara have already informed Auntie Amleth of this through the Magic Motion Orb, and Auntie Amleth has called upon Emas, Philip, and Indo to discuss what to do about Kor. I'm not one hundred percent sure what they will do, but if we are harmed, Kor and it two monarchs will pay a heavy price.

The tense situation is only getting worse as I hear the citizens panicking, blaming the Grugach for incurring the wrath of the heroes. If the Grugach just kept quiet and didn't attack the convoy, the two heroes wouldn't be so angry, or Grugach should just die, no one would care. There's almost no sympathy shown. Everyone is on the verge of mass panic, and they're only thinking about themselves and their family members. 

"That's the hero Nar Vars!"

"Arrest him! Guards! I said arrest him!"

"..." [Nar]

Nar just stared at them, a stare that paralyzed those who faced him without any magic. None of the guards did as they were told, simply letting Nar walk right through them. Fear and sweat poured from their faces at the sight of Nar's fierce face. I bet Sas experienced the same thing as well

(It's there. Come quickly) [Jean]

(Right) [Diana]

Jean has discovered one of the many houses where the kidnapped Grugach are. It's a secluded house with hardly anything to speak of. Mud everywhere. As a precaution, all traces of plants are gone, probably burned out of fear. There are only flies and maggots, enough for me to confirm that the Grugach really are inside. 

(Mirage resistance armor... I don't think it's a coincidence) [Diana]

(A precaution, probably against your sleeping spell) [Jean]

(That's not the only way I can take them out without anyone noticing. Fairy Wind Sylph, give me your blessing) [Diana]

Just like I did in Emas, first create a vacuum around the knights guarding the Grugach. Without air, there won't be any noise, and without air, they'll suffocate, gasping for air, and when their mouths are wide open, they'll squeeze in the air all at once, damaging their lungs and causing them to faint. Now, even with the high mirage resistance armor, I can easily cast the nightmare spell on them, causing them to fall even deeper into their slumber. After making sure each of the knights was taken care of, we rescued the Grugach and explained what had happened. 

"There are more of us"

"My grandfather was captured at the southern border"

"My husband has been sentenced to death. He's probably in Hallow Valley" 

"I see... In any case, we should save everyone first and then go to Hallow Valley" [Jean].

"But!"

"Calm down. I know Kor's way of executing prisoners. They will definitely put on a show for everyone to see. I'm sure they'll set a date for the execution" [Jean].

I ask Jean about this, and before Jean can even explain, one of the old Grugach explains about the Hallow Valley, a place where everyone who's wrong in this land is executed. A place where both the monarch agreed to be a neutral place, so that both side can present those who are on death row to one of two things. The great earthworm or the monstrous ancient cassowary.

"Before we leave, I will cast a sensory ignorance spell on all of us. Be careful, a large number of people will make the spell less effective, so keep quiet!" [Diana]

"For now, we will save a few more people and head towards Werehouse, repeating until we save those in Hallow Valley. Keep in mind that we may not be able to save everyone, and there's probably no time for mourning, so... Please pray for the safety of your family members and for those who know or will know the tragic end of their family members... My prayers are with all of you" [Jean].

That's harsh. As a Paladin, I'm sure Jean is not happy to say it, but she has to. The Grugach, though sad and depressed, swallowed the bitter pill quickly.

0