Chapter 422: Connecting Amleth to Elven Kingdom part 16
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An overall frightening and stressful experience. That's what our days and weeks were like during Kor. Sleepless nights at the thought of Kor suddenly not keeping its promises. Frightening thoughts of some Kor citizens blaming the Grugach for everything they "caused". Some random nobles or merchants not satisfied and hiring mercenaries to attack us. None of us were even worried about a monster attack, just an attack from Kor. I'll take monsters over them any day. At least monsters, even if they attack for no real reason, are easy to deal with, instead of those people who can't even be reasoned with!

"We can do this at Werehouse to increase its mobility underground"

"I can accelerate the regeneration power of Werehouse. Somehow, my magic is highly compatible with Werehouse"

"True. Strange. Is Werehouse made of World Tree by any chance? I heard that World Tree can enhance any kind of flora magic, especially those from the Elven Clan"

"Nope. However, this is something made of World Tree" [Diana]

I brought out my World Tree staff to convince them. The Hanging Treant made or soon to be made the second World Tree is still a top secret, so any rumors about it should be wiped out or destroyed, so I tried to convince the Grugach. Even Farhana and Elegast did the same, but they weren't so convinced. Even the elves of Amleth Kingdom have their suspicions about it, and now, thanks to the Grugach, those suspicions are rekindled.

The Grugach are helping us. They have signed an agreement with Kara and Mara to become Amlethians. We welcome them with a little celebration. Of course we have to share our food and water, but it's worth it.

They are able to dig holes or remove roots that were causing headaches for the mana core. They also help us hunt, track water supplies, and more. We can buy these things in towns or villages, but that will definitely hurt our pockets even more, so they actively volunteered to repay our kindness. 

"So we will be under the Vars family?"

"Technically, the Dukes, or rather the Duchess who runs this thing is either Duchess Eisheth or Duchess Akela, while the other two Dukes help more with defense and stability of the country, though those Diana helped mostly sought her family's help first and the Vars happily extended their hands" [Kara].

"It's okay. We from the Vars family are happy to help as well" [Nar].

"Giants. Succubi. Dragonewt and Lizardmen. Sentient Medusa and now Grugach. The influence of the Vars family is certainly great"

"We elves don't really have an official leader in Amleth, although Mr. Elegast is the closest. 

"We are counting on you, elven leader of Amleth" [Apollo].

"Sigh... I am the only one with enough experience in politics. Very well" [Elegast].

"You were well respected in the elven community before, and even after the banishment, the people of Amleth trusted you, so it makes sense for you to be one" [Farhana].

"Maybe now the elven community will grow in size, comparable to that of the dwarves in Amleth" [Oreforged]

"And you are able to live together?"

"Is it that strange?" [Neloufa]

"Neloufa, we are native Amlethians, and these things are not that strange, especially for you who live when Her Highness Queen Amleth takes the throne, but for the old-timers, that wasn't always the case. Sure, there is some racial harmony before that, but nothing as strong as the one Her Highness has created" [Joseph].

Wandering Sage speaks, his eyes seeming to remember something. Maybe it's just his past childhood. That's the impression I get.

"Phew. Done" [Diana].

"Do we really have to use your spell to strengthen him? I understand the logic, but urggh..." [Dana]

"I feel you. However, we should also keep our side of the promises, though fortunately the one we couldn't do because of the conflict doesn't need to be redo" [Sas].

"I feel the same way. But what's more important is that I wanted to be able to talk to Grandma Farhah clearly and freely at any time, so that's why I did this" [Diana].

"Grandma Farhah? You're not an elf, but why do you call the World Tree Priestess your grandmother?" 

"Because she is? I mean, she treated me as her own and I feel the same way. That's all" [Diana].

A boy from Grugach asked me this. It's a real question, so I answer him honestly.

"Do you have her blessing?"

"I don't" [Diana].

"Then maybe she will bless me! Is she a good elf?"

"Definitely! She's the best!" [Diana]

"Tell me more about her!"

"Sure!" [Diana]

And we continue to talk while the Mana Core is being installed. I feel like I should tell Grandma Farhah about the Grugach situation and see what she says. The others feel the same way. Let's just make a note of it so I don't forget.

0