Chapter 425: Connecting Amleth to Elven Kingdom part 19
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Surprisingly, nothing happened. We are prepared for any attempt to kidnap any of the girls here, especially Neloufa. We were on high alert, almost as tense as we were back on Kor. My barrier and search magic were constantly activated, ready to sense any danger lurking around us. Our eyes and ears, as sharp as they were, didn't detect anything suspicious. Too normal, in fact, it feels creepy. As if the whole thing about kidnapping young girls from other countries to be sacrificed to the elder and evil Yuki Ona is nothing but a myth. 

We are sure that this is their way of reassuring us that everything is fine and that we have nothing to be afraid of while we are here, which to be honest, raises nothing but suspicions. They're definitely covering everything up, not letting bygones be bygones, but rather sweeping everything under the rug and calling it a day until the next incident happens, we're sure of it.

"It stinks, but unfortunately we had no evidence other than what we found in Amleth, and we couldn't possibly intervene" [Jean].

"I guess the adventurers here been forced silenced as well?" [Mara]

"That they are, Your Highness. We adventurers have a code of honor, and when things like this happen, we have our own method of communication. The restrictions and observations placed on them are harsh, that's for sure, so we are unable to get the full story from them" [Randy].

"Needless to say, what we have uncovered in Amleth is far from the truth" [Savel].

"I hope The Wandering Sage will be able to produce a good result" [Asterion].

"Knowing him, he might even solve it before we get back" [Apollo].

If the Wandering Sage is able to solve everything, then I'm sure everyone will appreciate him, well, everyone except their royalty and nobility. They're the ones who offered the little girl from inside and outside Butan as a sacrifice to the so-called evil Yuki Ona. 

Since the area we have to cover here is only a short one, we finished everything even before the scheduled time, which honestly feels great. The helper they provided was also a great help while they were watching us. They're not as helpful and cheerful as Philip and Indo, but they're still doing their best to make the project connecting Amleth to the Elven Kingdom a success. Maybe they themselves feel conflicted between following orders and asking for help. 

"And this is the last one. Honestly, we are a bit behind schedule since the incident at Kor, so I advise that we continue directly to Vijaya after a short break" [Einstein].

"Our supplies are a bit low since we couldn't replenish them in Kor, so I think we should take this opportunity to buy everything we need" [Liya].

"In that case, let us do it. We know the place best and we can get it for a good price"

"We appreciate that. Give us a moment to make the list" [Nar].

"I'll help" [Dana]

Just a short break. While some take full advantage of it, like visiting a footbath sauna or trying a local sport for fun, I helped Linda and the other to get our pass over Vijaya. The good thing is that they were already expecting us and had already prepared all the documents we needed, so the process is a smooth one.

"And done. Now all your group has to do is check their luggage before they can enter Vijaya".

"Please come before night. Sometimes there are unexpected blizzards on the way down to Vijaya"

"But once you enter Vijaya territory, everything will be smooth.

"If that's the case, I'll inform everyone to gather" [Linda].

"Let's give them an hour or so" [Sas]

And after gathering everyone and getting everything checked and done, we descend a bit from Butan to enter Vijaya. We still installed the mana core on the way down as planned and the unexpected blizzard does hit, but it's a mild one as described by the local, so nothing significant enough to cause any major delays. 

When we reach Vijaya we are greeted by an annoying person. I have the feeling I have seen him before.

"Young Lady Diana Vars, so you have come just to greet me. And if it isn't the beautiful Neloufa. I'm sure our previous meeting was memorable."

"Who?" [Diana]

(I have the same question, but he seems like a noble son, so better keep quiet) [Neloufa]

"You're that noble son we almost beat up at the castle, aren't you?" [Adnan]

"Looking for more fighting?" [Auger]

"Aah! That annoying guy! No wonder he annoyed me even when I couldn't remember him!" [Diana]

"Pardon me!?"

0