Chapter 2 a meeting that will change my life.
786 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sweet flowery smell of Fairy Queen Titania still linger around me, evidence of her staying with me throughout the time. I'm not sure how much time had passed, but I remember faintly she patting my head, playing with the curly end of my hair, she along with few other fairies, giving words of encouragement, and now, they're gone.

This is undoubtedly a meeting that will change my life.

Even when I wake up, my body feels... Refreshing? I have no words to describe it, but I can tell that something is changing inside me. Even if there is no physical change that I can see...

(Wait... Did I always smell this good?) [Diana]

I thought the sweet smell was from the surrounding flowers and fairies, but I can't believe it! I smell nice! I smell really nice, not the horrible smell or the alcohol smell of that village. Even my hair... MY HAIR. IT'S SO FLUFFY. I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! It's shiny like the morning sun, it smells amazing and it's smooth, like really smooth! Is this one of the fairies' blessings? If so, I am eternally grateful.

(Ahh... So fluffy... so smooth... so nice) [Diana]

I can't help it, I don't know for how long, but I kept playing with my hair. I wanted to tried different hairstyle, play around more with my hair but...

(I... I don't know any other hairstyles!!!) [Diana]

And I'm too afraid to mess up this hair... I feel sad... and maybe what adult call as frustrating maybe? I don't know? Maybe that's how those horrible women felt when they messed up their hair. Not like they have a nice hair to begin with.

Now for the second most important thing...

(All these clothes and dresses are beautiful!) [Diana]

There are a lot of them, and a note is left behind. Unfortunately, I am illiterate, so... Huh? I... I can read? Strange, is this the language of fairies? Definitely not the common language of this world, I am sure. Anyway, the note tasked me to pick the one dress I love the most, and shout a spell to make it a living armor, thus allowing it to grow with me. Does that mean I can use it even if I grow up to be a big adult? If so, this is something serious!

There are bundles of descriptions floating around in each cloth, some like resistance to magic or sword, some even like charm enhancement etc etc. Such complicated words and terms, but I don't think I care about most of them! They're nice, sure, and I feel like they're definitely important, but I want something beautiful! Something vibrant! 

Something red! Pick my favorite color first, and maybe add something similar to what the fairy queen Titania wears. I mean, she's so beautiful that anything she wears looks nice, but I want to be a beautiful adult like her one day, so picking something that looks like her will be the best!

After careful selection and a debate between my heart and my brain, I decided on this one dress with a flower motif and a pearl attached to it. This is the closest red dress to the one worn by the fairy queen Titania, and with that, I call out loudly

"-... . -.-. --- -- . / -... . .- ..- - .. ..-. ..- .-.." [Diana]

Is that... Fairy language as well? It definitely feels like it, but most importantly, the red dress becomes even more vibrant, the red color is very soothing for one's eyes to see, the pearl becomes even more shiny! It's impossible not to wear it, so without further ado

"I... I look pretty!" [Diana].

I don't know how, but I instinctively use my magic to create a mirror just to look at myself. I was never taught how to use magic, yet I can use it effortlessly. 

I can only thank the fairies for this. There is no other explanation, this is all thanks to the fairies!

I can only thank the fairies. There is no other explanation, this is all thanks to the fairies!

The third thing is... where am I? This is nowhere near that horrible village, and if I go back there, I will be sold in a heartbeat, so...

"Huh?" [Diana]

A lantern fly nudges my nose gently, as if telling me to follow it. With no better guidance, I follow the lantern fly and come out of the forest onto a main road. I decide to walk along the main road until the sun turns red, when suddenly

"You! Who are you? What is a little girl like you doing here all alone?" [?]

This is the second encounter that changed my life. 

16