Chapter 6: Fun in the capital
492 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The capital is bustling. There are all kinds of people here! There's someone who looks like a cat with a very big cat standing on two feet! Are they the cat beastman I have always heard about! Then there is also a very short funny looking adult, his beard is very very messy.

While I'm watching all kinds of things and people from inside the carriage, the people of the capital start throwing flowers around and playing songs of praise and glory, with four names in particular, that's Auntie Amleth, Nar, Sas and Jean! They are heroes!

""Haha! Look Diana! They're all praising this good-looking hero of theirs!" [Nar]

"Stop it! You're embarrassing!" [Jean]

"You're a brat, just like little Diana here." [Sas]

"Hey!" [Diana]

Nar waves with all his might, and the other does the same. It looks fun, so much so that Nar picked me up high in the air and told me to wave. I did exactly as he said, just because it's fun! 

""Who's that kid?"

"She looks cute!"

"A princess?"

"Maybe, she's in the carriage of the heroes and Queen Amleth" 

"Here, take this flower crown"

"Thank you! It's so pretty" [Diana].

I float towards the young lady. She is startled by it, but that doesn't stop her from placing her crown flower for me.  

I'm sure the gift is perfect for me, and what better way to show appreciation than to show the wonderful gift to others as well! I float high in the sky, and with illusion and flower magic, I cause a flower explosion to bloom around me, with fireflies dancing left and right. My illusion magic is also accompanied by music magic appropriate to the situation. 

"She seems to be having fun" [Amleth].

"I'll go with her." [Nar]

"No, things might drag on if you went outside, and you have a lot of paperwork to do. Let me go instead" [Jean]

"Are you sure? You should lay low for a while. Your so-called betrayal of the church is still a hot topic" [Nar]

"It's fine..." [Jean]

Looks like Jean wanted to join the fun as well. She's waving at me like she's calling me... How about I make her float instead!

"Whoa... Diana, did... did you do that?" [Jean]

"I did! It's pretty up here, you should come with me!" [Diana]

High up in the sky with Jean, I keep waving left and right, and there seem to be others around my age doing the same! They look like they're having fun too, with a bunch of nice looking candy on their arms!  

"Jean! Jean!" [Diana]

(Betrayal... It's worth it because I can protect my family and this country I love so much... The view makes it all worth it) [Jean]

Jean seems very preoccupied. Maybe I shouldn't call her. I'll just go play with the other by myself. 

Just as I am about to float down, Jean grabs me. 

"You should stay with us a little longer" [Jean].

"But it's fun down there. I can see a lot of things I never saw in the village!" [Diana]

I beg Jean, making my eyes wide and pointing at all the fun stuff down there. Please, please, please let me go, I beg her every second, but

"How about tomorrow? I promise I'll go with you" [Jean].

"Promise?" [Diana]

"Promise" [Jean]

Since she promised me, I will follow her. She's a nice sister, so I wouldn't mind waiting another day, no matter how tempting that sweet-looking candy is!

""Looks who back" [Nar]

Nar said while holding a bunch of gifts and flowers. How many gifts did he get? I'm so jealous. My eyes keep looking at all the delicious things he's holding. 

"Did you want one?" [Nar]

"I do! I do! I do!" [Diana]

"No, this is all mine" [Nar]

He said that while eating one of the big candies in one gulp. 

"Haaaaaa!!!" [Diana]

"NAR!" [Jean]

Jean shouts loudly and "asks" Nar and Sas with a soft (and somehow scary) tone to give me some candy, for which the two just stick their tongues out at me, not wanting to share a single one. They seem to enjoy bullying me!

"Here. You can have mine" [Amleth].

"Thank you! You're nice, Auntie Amleth, unlike those two bullies!" [Diana]

At the end of the day, they share all their cookies, candy, and sweets with me, and I eat them all the way to the castle gate.

14