Chapter 6: Chang’e
582 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How come you can only visit me at full moons?"

She blinks at me. "Hmm, dear. I'll have to tell you my story then. Listen closely. Even if you're 3, I know your mind can comprehend this… so let's knock it off."

"I have grown quite a liking for stories," I tell her. "So please go ahead."

She nods. "Let's begin with… the quest I entrusted to you.

You see, Xin. This world doesn't really have things called "Gods."

I am titled the Goddess of the Moon. But I am actually a spirit blessed with the essence of the Moon. And – if you know what I mean, you should know that even Chao Mei believes in Gods," she points at the shrine in the garden beside the pond.

I look at it. Of course, there is a small statue inside of it. It's the Lord of fire, Zhang.

"…you see, those guys. They aren't as good as people think. They aren't Gods.

Centuries back, in the times when we had just found the existence of the 'Heaven's Gate,' people desperately struggled to reach it. As you see, you must cultivate incredibly well to surpass all Gates to the 9th.

However, these 12 people, who called themselves the "Walking Gods" reached this level. And all other humans paid their respects to them, calling them Gods even.

I, as a spirit, was attempting to reach the 9th too. Even still, I am only at the 8th Gate.

However, these 12 people wanted eternal peace. They wanted to be the world's dominators. They believed humans could not bring peace by themselves and that they needed the right guidance for it. As you see, the ones who reach the Heaven's Gate achieve abnormal powers. So, they began to travel around the world and cast spells on regular humans to believe they were actual Gods.

And by the power of their trust, these guys became actual divinities.

Even my power is unnatural because the power of 'Trust' surpasses all else. Because people believe in me on a full moon day, I achieve greater power on this day."

I stop her to ask her one question before she continues.

"How come you know all this then? If they took over the world and made them all believe they were Gods."

She sighs upon hearing this.

"Yes, Xin.

As you see, I knew of this back then and continued to spread rumors of their fraud Godliness.

And then I was caught… and prisoned. I have been prisoned in this strange chamber that even I cannot break out from. What you're seeing right here is a clone I created using my Qi, a mere image. I solidify this image when I need to have sex, and right now, keep you on my lap."

She grins. I blush as she says this. She is truly *open*.

"So, that's the story… huh. Though, what's my quest, and why was I born?"

She nods. "Yes, now let's get to that part…

Your quest, my child, is to save the world from the spell of these Gods with me. Save Xian from this tyranny. Humans are under their spell unknowingly, and some of the crucial decisions the 'Walking Gods' make are truly evil.

Though… for that, you must choose the path of a cultivator and discover the secrets of the cultivation. Only then you'll achieve true power.

And once you have reached the level of a truly great warrior, you can come and rescue your mother from this prison.

Even though they prisoned me, they weren't able to kill your Mom," she pouts.

"They can't kill me in a million years! I am the Moon Goddess!" She screams out into the sky suddenly.

I laugh after seeing her get worked up suddenly. She isn't the type to get angry. I know that much already.

"Humph, anyways….

That is what you have to do, Xin. Will you choose that path for us?"

She stares into my eyes.

I think for a moment. I was summoned here and given this heavenly life by her, and turning this down would just be wrong. After all, being the guy who saves the world wasn't something I get to do every single life.

And spending eternity here doesn't sound so awful. 

"Yes, I will choose this path, Mom."

She smiles back at me, that strange smile filled with love. "That's my sweet kid," she embraces me tightly.

However, I have no clue what I should do to begin walking on this path.

"Um, though, how can you start this cultivation thing exactly? By meditating or something?"

"Heh. No no! You have to start by learning to control Qi first. Though, kiddo… You won't be physically capable until you're 6 years old, okie? So you have to wait up… and, more importantly. You have to learn to suppress your Moon Essence. I'll come to train you for that, don't worry, my little one."

"I'm looking forward to it…" I reply with a beaming smile.

"I'm going to disappear soon, kiddo. It takes my entire Qi to make this clone… so, I'll go now dear." She kisses my forehead.

Suddenly, I am sitting on the bench, not on her lap.

I have gone through her body as if she's only a mere holographic image with no physical body.

"Bye, my prince…" She smiles at me one last time.

"W – wait up… What is your name, at least?" I ask before she disappears.

"Aw… it's Chang'e, dear. Bye-bye, my sweet child."

Chang'e disappears into thin air, her entire body turning to dust.

The remaining glitters fall upon my body. 'Hm… She's a nice woman,' I think. In minutes, she had given me hundreds of lessons.

I look at the Moon hanging above me, and I hope to see Chang'e once again on the next full Moon. The path I have to walk is clear now. Now all I have to do is wait till the moment my body becomes capable of cultivating Qi.

//Author's Note//

Leave a power stone if you need more chapters and want this book to continue! I hope you enjoy the stuff I wrote. Plus, leave a comment and a review. It makes my day.

12